Job System

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Opie95, Mar 31, 2011.

?

Is this good and possible

Poll closed Apr 28, 2011.
  1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Offline

Opie95

I had an idea when i saw a plugin that people pay a player to use there mine. Now i thought it would be a good idea if a player opened a mine and hires miners. Now the miners would get paid for what resource they mine and get to keep it as part of there paycheck. For the owner they would get an amount that would be more than the miner so there is a profit margin. Now the plugin i saw also included farms which could be implied here if a farmer farms so many squares they get paid for that and the owner gets a profit to. There is room for more stuff to added to this in many different jobs that can be made and also more things to make the plugin better and more enjoyable.

Credit to Halvors and Zaros for giving me my base for the idea

2. Offline

iPhysX

I have coded most of this now.
    come to my server..

I will be working on it a lot over the next few days and i will pm you when i release a build :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  3. Offline

Opie95

sweet dont release it until we test it

4. Offline

iPhysX

i wont :D
    i will need it to be tested.

5. Offline

Opie95

alright i was taking with people on my server are pretty stoked you will have see it in action

the server that you to me to go to i got the ip cant join it
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

iPhysX

my test server wont be online much, but i will message you when i want you to come and see!
    I've started on the plugin and i 'so far' have made it so people can create a job.

7. Offline

Opie95

good work

new idea maby it will work with the jobs which we need a better name for could we have redstone power supplies that can power an entire building if there torches or even make a way to power glowstone so wat it would do is the there would be a central power supply and it would be wired to building powering them but it connects to a central point to power the building

8. Offline

iPhysX

I'm going to stay away from that, probably.
    I have never done anything with redstone, maybe you could ask someone about infinite redstone tracks?

9. Offline

Opie95

ok uhm im having server issuses so i got to get my resources to start my home but to get enough it goes to night so on my way back i always get killed oh and i found a piece of land its fenced off behind some ones house can i use it
    Also for jobs wat if we put in a like a list that owners could buy to advertise there business no the hire part the part to attract costumers

10. Offline

iPhysX

maybe, so if someone typed /ad [name]
    the person could put an advert up for their shop/buisiness :D

11. Offline

Opie95

bingo ok i have some new ideas i dont if we could put them on jobs in a server and i think we should maby put it on tbfc well maby i should do this on tbfc but wat ev for now
    1.Stock Market-ask for deatails
    2.Venture Capitalist(aka investors)-ask for details
    3.Stock Trading
    4.contractors-homebuilders,ect... could include in jobs with a contract system were some one pays the company has a contract and the company does the job but the contract system will make sure no cheap ways of getting out of stuff
    Also you already have a bank system so this could work in tandem also investing and management is kind of s specialty it runs in the family and i could really make investing in businesses real so people can open a business and have an advantage over people who dont use investors to keep competition maby it should be a sep plugin called capitalism just ask for more details

12. Offline

iPhysX

i think this whole thing is getting reaaaally complicated.
    I will come here for all your ideas, but don't get your hopes up because most probably wont be in the release version :/

13. Offline

Opie95

i dont expect them to be :) i know this takes time and is complicated and i really appreciate you doing this it is stuff we will work on over time if u think its a good idea i might put a post on tbfc forums telling people about job systems and if it might be integrated into the server

is this going to integrated into the server if so you should put a post on the forum telling people that this system will be coming and to dont worry that once we have it shops we back and better i also think we should compile a list of job suggestions for people to get ideas