JINX

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Maxipan, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Offline

Maxipan

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Jinx

What I want: When a player writes the same thing (or similar) in chat after another player within a configureable time the player who said it last owes the other player an item you can set in the config.

If the player doesn't hold the item in hand and type /jinx <something> within a certain time money gets taken from his account.

Ideas for commands: /jinx reload, /jinx <command> (Don't know how I would call it, but it would be the command you enter with the item in hand that you owe)

Ideas for permissions: jinx.reload, jinx.exempt (I think that's how you spell it), jinx.use

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible

2. Offline

SlickSlender

Sorry, just a warning that I can't code before i start this...
    Isn't this kind of op for getting an item considering someone can just say it after another person every single time?

ChipDev likes this.
  3. Offline

ChipDev

You write:
    "Hi, Kanss!"
    I write:
    "Hi, kanss!"
    You owe me a soda. In fifth grade (Current grade) My response is : "If I owe you a soda, well, Soda is banned from our school... remember?"

4. Offline

Onlineids

ChipDev likes this.
  5. Offline

Maxipan

I was thinking you could put the time to .5 seconds or something so it's a rare occasion

6. Offline

SlickSlender

Someone does something funny;
    "LOL"
    "LOL"
    "LOL"
    "LOL"
    :p
    But it still is a pretty good idea. Except this could be abused by friends in like a Skype call who keep doing it at the same time.
    Maybe try limiting the amount a player can jinx someone, like 1 per player.

7. Offline

Maxipan

Good thinking, yeah, either 1 per player or there's some kind of cool down to it.

8. Offline

PapiDimmi

This is actually a good idea.

Many times when someone new joins the server for the first time, many people go ahead and say "Welcome, <new user>!", so this will be quite handy in those situations.