java.netBindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JayzaSapphire, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jacklin213

server-ip= (blank) is the same as server-ip=localhost
    sryz mate but u just have to put it there if it doesnt work

2. Offline

JayzaSapphire

Well actually it's not the same, cause the server starts with localhost. Anyone else wanna help?

3. Offline

jacklin213

well what does this mean then?

4. Offline

JayzaSapphire

When you run the snapshots, that now run a server for singleplayer, the server isn't listed until you enable it. So there is the button in the options menu where you can make your single player world public, so it works like lan. My problem is that i can't start that server because it doesn't connect to anything, and i can't specify the ip (unless someone adds that in) so i cannot start the local in-game server for snapshots, and i cannot define an ip for it to connect to either.

5. Offline

jacklin213

er what snapshots?

6. Offline

JayzaSapphire

7. Offline

jacklin213

craftbukkit? in general

8. Offline

JayzaSapphire

Well i still need help fixing this problem -.-

9. Offline

jacklin213

well im off to bed now ill b thinking about this while i sleep lol

10. Offline

TnT

If you are getting "cannot bind to port" with the server-ip= line blank, then you have another service listening on port 25565.
    Multiple ways to address this - easiest is to reboot your system and do nothing else other than starting your server (and only one server).

If you're running the snapshot as well and you get that problem, its because the snapshots allow you to run a local server that will listen on port 25565.

11. Offline

JayzaSapphire

It's not the problem of binding to the port, it's the problem of binding to the address, nothing is wrong with the port at all.

Bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  12. Offline

Omnitv

Error: Failed to bind to port

Error: Friends are unable to connect?

Error: Friends are now unable to connect... but could X time ago!

Source: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/troubleshooting-common-problems-with-solution.44590/

13. Offline

JayzaSapphire

Seriously will someone listen to me?!?!?!

14. Offline

Omnitv

This is a common problem.

15. Offline

JayzaSapphire

It's not actually, otherwise it'd be solved already...

16. Offline

jacklin213

lol we can c that

n probs not cause no one +bukkit staff have solved it and im sure they can read

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  17. Offline

JayzaSapphire

It would be nice if someone was willing to see the fact that this isn't some other error that everyone else has -.-

Axe2760 likes this.
  18. Offline

jacklin213

i am seeing that thats y i don no how to solve it

19. Offline

JayzaSapphire

This error seems to mimic the error when people try to use their external ip to start the server, because the server knows that it exists and doesn't timeout, but it also doesn't connect to it.

20. Offline

Omnitv

are you using a snapshot?

21. Offline

JayzaSapphire

No, this error happens whenever i try to start my minecraft server without listing an ip, i wanna fix this so i can use in-game snapshot servers.

22. Offline

Omnitv

You cant use single player snapshots in bukkit 1.2.5 R4

23. Offline

JayzaSapphire

You just made no sense, what?

24. Offline

Omnitv

YOU CANNOT USE SNAPSHOTS!

25. Offline

JayzaSapphire

You made no sense at all still, even on the second time -.-

In the snapshots it uses the server that is in the minecraft.jar, you can't specify any server or anything, so how exactly would i be using bukkit, and how exactly would that be giving me this error?

26. Offline

jacklin213

^ BUKKIT HELP FORUMS ^

Omnitv likes this.
  27. Offline

JayzaSapphire

Well i give up, not gonna get any help on this at all, noone attempts to understand my problem and continues to bring up complete uselessness that has nothing to do with this. TnT lock this or delete it or whatever, it's useless trying to get help.

28. Offline

jacklin213

or maybe your on the wrong forums??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.