java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by turtlelink2, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

turtlelink2

So my server was running laggy the other day so I asked around and found out that I should be useing this:
    Code:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1536M -Xms1536M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    with the -Xincgc to minimize lag. It works perfectly and my server does not lag anymore, however a new issue has apeared. after 4-5 hours of the server running this error begins to pop up everywhere
    Code:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    Commands no longer work and you cannot log in..help?

2. Offline

vinzenco

I have the same problem :(

3. Offline

turtlelink2

Im wondering what -Xincgc even does, it does make the server less laggy but why does it only last for so long? is there an alternative?

4. Offline

luciddream

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError means you are running out of memory and the program is crashing. I guess either you don't have enough memory for the amount of players on your server or there is a memory leak in minecraft or one of the plugins you are using.

5. Offline

turtlelink2

But the thing is, it only does this with -xincgc without it it just runs laggy but that error never occurs.

6. Offline

Maskur

-Xincgc
    Enable the incremental garbage collector. The incremental garbage collector, which is off by default, will eliminate occasional garbage-collection pauses during program execution. However, it can lead to a roughly 10% decrease in overall GC performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.