Solved Java Error when transferring Server to a new Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jigsaw, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jigsaw

Okay, I am having a major issue when trying to transfer my server from one dedicated server to another. Here is all the details:

Server 1:
    Java Version:
    java version "1.6.0_20"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.10) (6b20-1.9.10-0ubuntu1~10.04.2)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

Server 2:
    Java Version:
    java version "1.6.0_20"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.10) (6b20-1.9.10-0ubuntu1~10.04.2)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

Transfer of the files was attempted 4 times with tar and 2 times with rsync and the error will still show up eventually resulting in the server crashing and a Java error report being generated.

I can run the server and it will launch and start up successfully with no issues. 30+ players can log on and there are no issues and everything is working fine. Randomly with no warning and no error on the console or server.log the server just stops and quits. It does not time out or stop responding it just completely quits and closes. In my minecraft server folder I receive an error report generated by Java and here is a link: http://pastebin.com/6dYvuaqC and http://pastebin.com/hfyyRLvW I can start the server back up and it will run for a while, sometimes a few minutes sometimes an hour or more, but it will always end up just stopping like this and generating a new error similiar to those above. I have Installed all the plugin .jar files again and CraftBukkit.jar again with no success. I have tried to run a new craftbukkit server on the new server and it works without any problems, so somewhere and somehow the files either are getting corrupt in the transfer or some files in a plugin store a file location and when they try to access it they crash.

Please let me know if you can help or if I need to provide more information.

2. Offline

Jigsaw

This turned out to be bad RAM. It wasn't all the RAM sticks and it would happen at random times. If you are getting these errors check your RAM. :)

Solved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.