JailPlusplus

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by raymart23, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

raymart23

use @<my_name> Thanks

Plugin category:
    Admin , I think

Suggested name: JailPlusplus

What I want: I'd like a jailing system that can bail with money ..

Ideas for commands:
    /jail <player> <priceforbail> === Jail the players with the desired price for bail
    /bail <player> === bail the players that have been jailed
    /swap <player> == swap to the player that have been jailed because its your friend or something
    /jail info <player> == info why the player have been jailed
    /jail escape <player> == player may escape within 25% possibility <- don't make this if its not possible

Ideas for permissions:
    jail.<command>
    jail.bypass = can't be jailed if the player has this permission
    jail.* = for all permission

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.

2. Offline

raymart23

3. Offline

Pocketkid2

I will make this!

4. Offline

Sabersek

You want it by yesterday?

5. Offline

Pocketkid2

Yeah, he wanted the plugin before he made the request

Oh and why would you want to be able to escape the jail? I could make it work but I don't see why you would want it

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  6. Offline

raymart23

@Pocketkid2 I want them to escape at the jail within 10% or base on the config.yml percentage

I hope it would be possible thanks

7. @Sabersek The example format says yesterday, he probably copied the format and didn't change it.

@raymart23 Things you'll probably want to address for the sake of @Pocketkid2 or whoever ends up making it:

- I'm assuming you'll be wanting some sort of cooldown on that whole escape thing, right? Otherwise they can just spam the command and be basically guaranteed to eventually get out.
    - You have an info command, but you didn't say that the jail command needed a reason.
    - Can players bail themselves out? Or is it just by someone else? Or is it just by themselves, and other people can't bail them out?

8. Offline

Pocketkid2

It will be done my master. Probably within the next day.

Those are all valid concerns, and I've thought about them all. I've got some ideas that will work.

Although, support for bailing will require Vault.

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Okay so im going to implement jails in the same way that essetials does, where you just set a position or a jail with a specific name, and you access that name to teleport the player there, and they can't break blocks until they are unjailed in which they are teleported back to where they were before. Is that ok?

What Java version are you running your server on? Because I usually build my plugins in Java 8 but if you use Java 7 or 6 that will not work and I will build the plugin for whatever you use.

EDIT by Timtower: final warning, stop double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  9. Offline

raymart23

@AdamQpzm @Pocketkid2 Hold it :p use The /prison escape with 10% and Need to wait 2hours to use it again Instead :p

10. Offline

Pocketkid2

Yeah thats what i had planned. Anyway, the plugin is coming along nicely. If i can just fix some
    Annoying errors, it should be done really soon

11. Offline

raymart23

12. Offline

Pocketkid2

It's coming along, but i havent had much time to test. I should have it ready in the next couple days.

13. Offline

raymart23

14. Offline

raymart23

15. Offline

Signatured

@Pocketkid2 are you finishing this project, or may I take a stab at it?

16. Offline

Pocketkid2

I am just about done, but I keep running into stupid errors that impede development. Mostly related to object storage. I have now made it my priority, so i'll send it into dev.bukkit.org today or tomorrow. You are welcome to take your own shot at it if you like.

Code is complete, once testing is done it'll be good to go! I will put the source on github, and I even have some more features planned aside from the many initial features!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  17. Offline

Pocketkid2

I have finished testing and am finally happy with my results! It took longer than we all hoped, but it is much better code than what I had before, and it all seems to work great. I have now submitted it to dev.bukkit.org, it'll be live at this URL when it's approved: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/jail-plus-plus/

If anyone wants to see the source code, see here: https://github.com/Pocketkid2/JailPlusPlus

I will be continuing development of this plugin, make sure to report any bugs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.