Util ItemBuilder - Chainable Item Constructor

Discussion in 'Resources' started by MineStein, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MineStein

Hello everyone. I figured I should share a tool that I use in my plugins, an item builder! This allows you to construct items in an easier fashion.

Get the code here.

To get started, create a new ItemBuilder instance, like this
    Code:
    ItemBuilder builder = new ItemBuilder();
    All item builders can be turned into ItemStacks by calling the build methods
    Code:
    ItemStack itemStack = new ItemBuilder().type(Material.DIRT).name("§c§lSome Cool Name").build();
    To set the item type, call the "type" method
    Code:
    ItemStack itemStack = new ItemBuilder().type(Material.DIRT).build();
    To set the item amount, call the "amount" method
    Code:
    ItemStack itemStack = new ItemBuilder().type(Material.DIRT).amount(2).build();
    To set the item data, call the "data" method
    Code:
    ItemStack itemStack = new ItemBuilder().type(Material.STAINED_GLASS_PANE).amount(1).data((byte) 14).build();
    To set the item name, call the "name" method
    Code:
    ItemStack itemStack = new ItemBuilder().type(Material.STAINED_GLASS_PANE).amount(1).name("§cSome awesome name").data((byte) 14).build();
    To set the item lore, call the "lore" method
    Code:
    ItemStack itemStack = new ItemBuilder().type(Material.STAINED_GLASS_PANE).amount(1).name("§cSome awesome name").lore("Some", "awesome", "lore").data((byte) 14).build();
    That's all! Thanks for reading this thread.

teej107 likes this.
  2. Offline

ChipDev

This thread has been made many times.

nverdier and xTrollxDudex like this.
  3. Offline

nverdier

4. Offline

FisheyLP

5. Offline

Konato_K

@FisheyLP Because if you're using an API already it's kind of annoying to add another one just for item stacks I guess

6. Offline

nverdier

@FisheyLP I use that for my own use and I prefer to make everything on my own, so yes, I do have it in my library. It doesn't mean people have to use my class, I don't think it's the best out there, it doesn't have the most features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.