Item UUID

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by chunkaymonkay, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chunkaymonkay

Plugin category: Misc

Minecraft version: 1.8.3

Suggested name: ItemUUID

What I want: I need a plugin that adds UUIDs to all items and if an item has the same UUID as another it will remove one of the items for example I kill a mob it drops a diamond sword it will give the sword a UUID and I clone the sword one of the swords will be removed

could you please just make it add UUIDs to
    armor / tools

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: none

When I'd like it by: as soon as possible thanks :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@chunkaymonkay And when will it give this UUID? You do realize that you can't stack anything anymore right?

3. Offline

chunkaymonkay

@timtower it will give the UUID when the item is dropped like if a mob dies and drops a sword it will give it the UUID and I will fix my request I just want armor / weapons to have UUIDs

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@chunkaymonkay The armor/weapons version is a better method, can't imagine the effort that goes into mining and building otherwise.
    Good luck with this ;)

5. Offline

chunkaymonkay

6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@chunkaymonkay
    What is the usage of this plugin, if I may ask? To clone an item you must be creative anyways.

7. Offline

chunkaymonkay

@I Al Istannen there is some bugs on my server that have duplications methods in them

8. Offline

I Al Istannen

@chunkaymonkay
    Might be better to block the glitches then. Could you post how they are done?

Otherwise you would need to add a UUID to every item (maybe itemstack NBT has one though) and then would need to check every new item against this id. Which I would imagine would be quite memory heavy. You could create some kind of B-Tree or Trie, but it will still either take some time to look it up (read from a file) or be a (over time) large chunk of memory :/

If anybody knows a way which doesn't have this problem, say it!

9. Offline

chunkaymonkay

@I Al Istannen I don't know how they are done and what about a database?

10. Offline

I Al Istannen

@chunkaymonkay
    A DataBase could help with that, yes.

I won't do the plugin though and I don't really have an idea how to do this (as a whole) efficiently. Sorry.

11. Offline

chunkaymonkay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.