Item locator in chest

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by rangewonk, May 15, 2013.

1. Offline

rangewonk

So similar to the redstone clock plugin which teleports you to redstone clocks, I was hoping someone would be able to make a plugin which will teleport you to a chest if it has X amount of X item in that chest.
    For example if someones been abusing a dupe glitch and have like 30 + diamond blocks in their chest you will be able to teleport to that chest and find the diamond blocks easily.

I have recently had a glitch on the server that allowed you to dupe, it wasn't out for long and is not fixed but i know that a few players did it during the time that it was out.
    I now need somehow to retrive them.

Hopefully someone can make this and release it, This will be alot of help for alot of server admins!
    Thanks!

2. Offline

slayr288

I'm not sure, but I would think scanning through all of the chest in a world would cause a massive thread freeze.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Offline

rangewonk

I wouldn't know but there should be a way to limit the ammount of searching at one time or something

4. Offline

WALK2222

This is an interesting idea, yet I am almost positive that this would not work. It would take way to long to scan all of the world's chunks. Especially if you wanted to grab it "on the go"

5. Offline

rangewonk

6. Offline

rangewonk

Please could anyone make this???

7. Offline

CubieX

I would suggest to make it so that a chest will be scanned whenever a player opens it.
    This way no (unrealisticly) excessive scanning of all blocks in the world has to be done.
    Question is, how and when to report a player.
    Not every chest with 5 Stacks of diamond was filled illegitimately.

8. Offline

muffinjello

It wouldn't be too hard to make a plugin that warns people with a certain permission node (staff) when a chest is opened and they have XX amount of diamonds/diamondblocks in it.
    As for logging the stuff, and other things.... Not too sure; I haven't really done anything really to do with logging actions.

9. Offline

rangewonk

Would you be able to make that for me then please? without logging would be fine, but logging would be better.

10. Offline

-_Husky_-

Before anyone takes something like this, I will make it.

I am going to base it off MySQL, so I can efficiently search chests without actually having to dig deep into chunk data and lag the server.

I am going to cover all the details when I get on my computer, I am currently on an iPad, which isn't really helpful for typing large texts. :)

11. Offline

slayr288

Edit: Didn't see Husky's comment. Nevermind.

12. Offline

rangewonk

Thanks, Let me know when its done. Whats the est.?

13. Offline

-_Husky_-

There is no ETA as of yet, I have got home after spending the day with my dad for his birthday, I'm going to start coding now.

GitHub Repo = https://github.com/Husky--/ChestManager

14. Offline

rangewonk

Whats this github? is that the plugin finished ready for dowload?

15. No, the github is where he keeps all of his resources, and hes making the plugin right now. Just be patience.

16. Offline

rangewonk

okay thanks was just curious if i had to download it form there

17. Offline

rangewonk

So how long until it will be complete?

18. Offline

-_Husky_-

rangewonk

It will take time, I'm quite busy with school and other things.

I'll post a download link when it's ready.

19. Offline

rangewonk

hey whats the up to dat
    hey whats the progress on this.. ?

20. Offline

rangewonk

Been a very long time... Still working on it?

21. Offline

-_Husky_-

Oh dear, I slacked off.. :(

Will try code some more soon!

Sorry, Husky.

22. Offline

rangewonk

Ever going to finish it?.

SniperBrob likes this.