Plugin Request Item Inventory Bound

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by BuckitWorker, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BuckitWorker

Plugin category: FUN/Mechanics

Suggested name: InventoryBound

What I want: This is a simple plugin that, when you drag 'n' drop a certain item that can be given through a command onto another item, that item will gain added lore that says &5&lMagic Bound. When an item is bound to an inventory, it will stay in that inventory slot. It can be moved by the user, but if the user tries to drop it, it will be replaced into the players inventory. If the player dies, they do not lose the item. If used on armor, the armor will stay on the player unless moved. ()ptional: If put in a chest, only the player who bounded it will be able to move it.

Ideas for commands: /itembound get - gives a purple dye with the following qualities:
    Name: &5&lMagic Bind
    Lore: &7Bounds an item to the player's soul.
    Lore 2: &7Click and drop onto an item to bind.

/itembound give (player) - gives specified player 1 item binder.

Ideas for permissions: ivbound.* - allows all permissions.

When I'd like it by: 7/1/15

2. Offline

BuckitWorker

3. Offline

pie_flavor

@BuckitWorker This seems interesting. I haven't really done anything like this before but I should like to try.
    Do you want a crafting recipe for the bind as well as the command?

4. Offline

BuckitWorker

Not sure. You could create a crafting file that I can customize and I can disable/enable it when wanted. Thank you very much!

5. Offline

pie_flavor

@BuckitWorker InventoryBound.jar
    Would you mind bug-testing? My computer can't run a server for whatever reason.
    EDIT: Please turn on keepInventory for all worlds.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  6. Offline

BuckitWorker

Scam? If keepInventory is on WHAT'S THE POINT OF BINDING AN ITEM?

Basic command doesn't work.

The item, when crafted, not only is not purple dye, but the lore is not how I requested it to be. You are able to bind the item more than once. You can not drop the item with Q key, but on death your inventory gets cleared without keeping the item. Having keepInventory on keeps you from dropping items, but all items... because it's keepInventory... I am on spigot 1.8, so I expect it to be for my version. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    Fushen likes this.
  7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

8. Offline

BuckitWorker

? How do I get there? What do you mean and can u stop stalking my posts and look before you type.

9. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@BuckitWorker Well,
    1. Because I moved it.
    2. No, somebody reported this post, I just handled the report. Just doing my duty.

KingFaris11 likes this.
  10. Offline

BuckitWorker

Wow.

11. Offline

pie_flavor

@BuckitWorker First of all, there will be a dupe/clear if you don't put keepInventory on. If you put it on, then everything will work normally. The proper items will be dropped. I just wasn't able to work with the default drops. Calm down.
    What item is it? Are there any errors in the console? And I just changed the lore to clarify things a little. I can change it back. The important thing is that the main feature (binding) works, that'd be the hardest to debug. The rest of the stuff is easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  12. Offline

BuckitWorker

Srry I was mad at Tim - Binding sadly does not work. When you die with keepInventory on, nothing is dropped like usual. I would like everything to be dropped except the binded items instead of clearing it.
    Here is my console log:
    http://pastebin.com/Mnn0Kej2

13. Offline

BuckitWorker

Um, ok. When I open a crafting table, a magic bind is already automatically in the crafted square.

14. Offline

BuckitWorker

Can I please have a working and updated version of the plugin? I can assure you it currently doesn't work.

15. Offline

pie_flavor

@BucketWorker The glitch you were referring to is actually a glitch that is in vBukkit. Custom recipes are annoying to work with and annoying to fix.

16. Offline

BuckitWorker

Yes, I fixed that glitch but the main point of the plugin does not work.

17. Offline

BuckitWorker

I am sorry, it has been a while since I have gotten a reply, and this plugin does not work. I did what was told needs to be done, but the plugin simply doesn't work. Keepinventory works how it normally should, with all items kept. Can I please have a fixed version of this plugin?

18. Offline

pie_flavor

@BuckitWorker I don't know how to fix this. This is my first time doing a plugin like this, and I'm sorry for screwing it up.

19. Offline

BuckitWorker

Do not apologize. You can not be held accountable for not completing a free request :) I have an idea:
    When an item is soul bound, it and all of its properties are saved in the config. When a player dies, the item is cleared, the rest of the inventory is dropped, and the item is given back. If any changes such as durability loss is changed to the item, it is auto-updated in the config.

20. Offline

pie_flavor

@BuckitWorker Problem with that is that I cannot modify the drops. It's completely stupid, but it isn't possible to modify the drops of a dead entity. This is why I needed to do my own system.

21. Offline

BuckitWorker

Can you fix your own system? Where do you suppose it goes wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.