Is this OK by Bukkit standards/rules

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jogy34, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jogy34

I recently wanted to implement an auto update notification into my plugin but I don't want to have to worry about say a text file from dropbox. I also don't really want to use Updater as I only want to check if my plugin is updated (because it is bukkit version specific) and I don't name my files using the format needed for Updater.

Anyways I noticed that on bukkit dev the file URL's are in the format:
    Code:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/plugin_denotion/files/#-version

The # changes with every file uploaded. Through a quick search on google, I found a method that I use to check the title of the page by checking the title HTML tags but it ended up throwing a FileNotFoundException when it comes across a url that either doesn't have any file attached to it or if it was one where I had put the file up for downloaded but then took it down (probably because I had found a bug that I fixed before it was approved by an admin and wanted to re-submit the file).

Anyways, I'm concerned that this might be frowned upon mostly because it would catch files that have yet to be approved by an admin. And of course if I do implement this I would make it optional through the config.

2. Offline

geNAZt

3. Offline

Jogy34

4. Offline

MiniDigger

I am not pretty sure but i think if you make a config option for this and warn your user on your bukkit page that the files arent approved by the stuff its ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.