Is there any economy built into bukkit api?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by LexLaiden, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LexLaiden

I haven't messed with economy yet and want to add it to my existing plugin VariableTriggers. I can't seem to find it in bukkit api. Am I overlooking it or is there none and I just need to hook? If I need to hook, is vault the way to go?

Thanks

2. Offline

codename_B

Vault is the way to go.

3. Offline

LexLaiden

Thanks for you input about Valt but do you mean by that that there is NO built in econ in bukkit api?

4. Offline

codename_B

That's correct. Econ isn't something built into the bukkit api as it's not something that all servers use and its not "minecraft" whereas the concept of permissions (op/not op) is just taken one step further with String based permissions.
    If minecraft adds an economy system, then things might change.

5. Offline

Sleaker

Vault is as close to a bukkit API as you can get. Vault uses Bukkit's Services Interfaces to serve Economy plugins to other plugins so that you only need to hook Vault and Bukkit instead of every economy plugin out there. If you need help on setting up/working with Vault check my sig for the Vault overview page, and/or ask any questions on here (just remember to tag me please!)

codename_B - kind of in 1.3 via Rubies or whatever they are, but still not an actual 'economy' system.

6. Offline

LexLaiden

I just started using Vault in my ExpLevel plugin. v1.0.2 I just uploaded that version it so it may not be posted yet. Well I understand how to Use Vault I was just hoping to keep VariableTriggers totally independent of other plugins. But if I have to hook I think Vault is very good and will use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.