Is there a way to override the Dispenser's dispense method?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Zeroth, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zeroth

As the title says, I'm trying to change the way a Dispenser dispenses. I still want it to be triggered by redstone, but I want it to only dispense an in certain circumstances. Does anyone know an easy way to do this? Right now when I don't want it to dispense, I store the inventory temporarily and then clear the Dispenser. In a timer, I wait half a second and then throw the items back in. There's got to be an easier and less glitchy way of doing this :/

2. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

I was playing around with doing this last night; as far as I can tell/have been told, there aren't any specialized hooks for dispensers, which means you're stuck with one kludge or another...

I suppose you could have it setup where there is a locked chest next to/behind the dispenser that has the items, and then you just manually toss out items as you want and remove them from the chest. At this point it's a dispenser by appearance/block type alone (in that you could use any block), but it would accomplish what you're going for.

3. Offline

Zeroth

:/ Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably stick with this timer business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.