is there a plugin that can alert ingame groups when something is griefed

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by lacrosse1991, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lacrosse1991

Hello, I was wondering if there is a plugin that can send out alerts when blocks are broken by certain groups? There is a plugin called griefalert but apparently it only sends out the alerts when something is started on fire, buckets are used, etc while the rest is simply logged into a file which can be access by right clicking a block, which I think is useless since players can still go around a break stuff without anyone being notified at the time

2. Offline

Sayshal

FoundBoxx or FoundDiamond works for ores. Just get something like Logblock to fix griefing after, getting notified every time someone touches something would get extremely annoying.

3. Offline

lacrosse1991

ive used a few setups in canary where groups are not alerted until the type of block that is being broken changes, so someone could break 5 dirt blocks (one alert for dirt being broken) and then when they start breaking cobble one alert would be sent out for that, do have logblock though which is convenient, would just be nice to catch griefers in the act instead of waiting for someone to come across the damage

4. Offline

Sayshal

Then go back to Canary? That kind of monitoring would spam the shit out of you. Just get a plugin like ModTRS or bReport, where users can submit "OMG I GOT GRIEFED" and you can teleport to there and fix it. Much easier, less spammy.

5. Offline

lacrosse1991

players generally tend to abuse that sort of submit thing, may just code the plugin myself then, was checking in case there was already something out there that I did not know of, thanks though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.