Is my host cheating me?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by standsfield, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Toxic__Waste

lool no shit sherlock i use essentials. i removed all plugings but esentials and started at 220 mb in memory its not a heavy plug in like you said ive tried them all and went with essentials for the main reason it is lighter then the rest and if you look at my post dont you see the sarcasm in it

2. Offline

Mister_Fix

ok i donno if you noticed but the new essentials use waaayyy less memory!

3. Offline

Jade

There is no need to be rude.
    That it does, but not in large servers. Same with every other plugin.

4. Offline

omgitsmewazap

• Flaming is not acceptable
    Calm down sunshine no need to cry, I don't know if essentials is a heavy plugin. But I think it is, but I personally have never looked in how much ram and CPU usage it uses

Mister_Fix likes this.
  5. Offline

Toxic__Waste

• Flaming is not acceptable
    lets see you the one that went duh so i have the right to answer back girl friend and you said it was a heavy plug in your quote "If essentials is a heavy plugin, which I think it is." and now you say you never tested it...well if you dont know then stay out the conversation..noob answers not welcome

6. Offline

Necrodoom

plugin profiling proves that essentials doesnt have any noticeable impact on the server.

7. Offline

Jade

Excuse me, but do you think EVERYONE has the time to thoroughly test everything through and through? Because I'll straight up prove you wrong and say that I don't. Also, AGAIN, there is NO reason to be rude to people trying to help.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

giving false info isnt helping.
    also, if you are going to present something as a fact, get something to back it up, not throw out random statements.

9. Offline

Jade

It is fact. *nearly* ANY plugin will increase RAM usage as the amount of players. Example of one that wouldn't is RAM. (Yes, there is a plugin called RAM.)
    In my experiences, Essentials has been pretty heavy, sure, it was a while ago (2-3 months) *(I use it now but I haven't gotten the chance to test it alone)*
    It isn't exactly false. It was never stated what the meaning of a "Heavy" footprint or anything of the sorts.
    Yes, for a few, it could and would be considered heavy, others would call it light.

10. Offline

Necrodoom

the meaning of "heavy" as of this thread topic is a plugin that has a significant impact on the server, reducing the number of players you can have.
    essentials isnt one of these.

11. Offline

omgitsmewazap

Lol really? Yeah like I said I never tested it, but that's what I THINK. Thinking and knowing are too different things.
    But ask your host to double check you have the correct amount, as it may say you have been allocated that much room but it actually hasn't. When I upgraded my server with daddycheese.com , they said it had been allocated but I was looking at CPU and ram usage and it turns out they actually didn't.

12. Offline

drtshock

Pretty bad to deface someone's plugin like that when you don't even know anything about it.

13. Offline

omgitsmewazap

Hardly, maybe a bit judgemental but have you seen the world we live in? Not defacing it, not hating on it. I love essentials and personally my biggest problem I've ever had with it was when I just updated it a few days ago. The permission node changed, that's it (Touch wood I don't get any more problems with essentials on my server).

14. Offline

Toxic__Waste

defacing someones plug in when you never even tested it and as far as permissions changing essentials is always updating and improving their plug in

15. Offline

omgitsmewazap

Define defacing, I never tested it in the way that I look at everything to do with the plugin, how it does it and when. I use the plugin for my server, and the only problem I ever got was that permission fault, that's it.
    Now not gunna lie and it's usually me carrying on, but if you wanna carry on arguing with your invalid reason to be here then please PM me, for the forums sake and the sake of sorting out the OP's problem, leave it out. Unless your going to be useful

16. Offline

Toxic__Waste

me i did say something use full before you quoted me calling me names your theone that has no usefull thoughts you never even tested essentials and tell us its a heavy plug in keep your noob thoughts to yourself essentials is the best all around plug in

drtshock likes this.
  17. Offline

afistofirony

As far as I know, the amount of RAM that a plugin uses depends on a few key factors. I've decided to use a couple of popular plugins (LogBlock and Essentials) for this case:
    • How many people are using its processes (If everyone's teleporting back and forth, Essentials has to manage /back location data; if everyone's building, LB will have to log more changes)
    • What it does (LogBlock will naturally use more RAM since it basically logs everything; EChat has to listen for URLs on the PlayerChatEvent and if a player doesn't have a specific permission, it will get rid of their link.)

18. Offline

Toxic__Waste

i think the op knows what he has to do either get more ram or use plugins that use alot of memory he has stated he likes his plug ins so its up to him now and for a 1 gb server the plug ins he uses wont run long

19. Offline

np98765

My, how this thread has turned into a flame war over Essentials -- And a very rude one at that.

For some people, Essentials will be "heavy" and will make a noticeable impact on their server. Others may not even notice that it's running. It depends on what you're doing and how it's being used (as afistofirony mentioned). There isn't a global answer, so don't try to come up with one.

Run your own tests, see how it works for your server, and please, don't try to shove your view on Essentials down other peoples' throats.

Before this is locked:
    standsfield (I hope you haven't been scared away): If you're worried about not getting what you paid for, contact the company first. You can do some general testing, like running the server with no plugins, individually removing each plugin, etc. in order to see if it's a specific plugin or an actual issue with the company. Good luck! :)

drtshock likes this.
  20. Offline

MikeA

np98765 Only if I noticed lag on my E3-1290v2... *smiles*

-_Husky_- and Darky1126 like this.
  21. Offline

md_5

Also Essentials is actually one of the lightest plugins out there. Run it through /timings or a profiler and try to do better given the amount of features.

Tanite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.