Question Is it possible to hide "FindAServer" and other voting bots

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WireleZz, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

On my server i have this plugin that allows people to vote and it requires a listener ofcourse in order to connect from website -> server.

However 2 voting sites use "FindAServer" and some other bot name called "M..." (i forgot). They use these bots to join/leave the server to see if the server is still active (Pinging) and it registers on their website how manny people are currently playing/online status etc. If i am correct.

But not that i care but people ALWAYS have to complain about something, Is there a plugin or other possebility to "hide" these accounts/bots. So people cannot see them anymore joining or leaving the server?

Quite a useful tool i'd say, Because you could add your own account for example and you could suprise the server with an admin coming on the server while people doing bad things in your server and you can catch them right in their "broken rule".

Kind Regards,
    WireleZz

2. Offline

shades161

@WireleZz Well, is it that they are complaining about seeing the player, as in the actual entity or the join/leave messages?

3. Offline

Boomer

In space, no one can hear you login if you're banned

Plus, there is NO NEED for such robotic accounts to be logging into servers, when the protocols exist to share all that information from your server without a login attempt - they're just overly aggressive (and they aren't very helpful sites doing it either)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.