Is bukkit going to update to 1.8 any time soon?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Hoochuchos, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hoochuchos

Me and my friend are looking to start a faction server and were wondering if we should stick with bukkit or go to spigot, sponge or glowstone? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2. Offline

Bobcat00

3. Offline

tehface

bukkit = dead, move along nothing to see here

4. Offline

Bobcat00

Not true. The Spigot folks have made hundreds of changes to CraftBukkit in the past 3 months.

5. Offline

TGRHavoc

You're making it sound like Spigot are releasing the official build when, in fact, they're not.
    Just thought I'd clear that up for people who might not understand the current situation :p

6. Offline

mactso

There will be no official update or release of CraftBukkit.

It was dmca'd, much of the team agreed with the dmca, and the team was worn out as well.

Here, I'd suggest the "Bukkit Alternatives" Forums.

As Bobcat00, Spigot produces a 1.8 version of craftbukkit as part of their compilation process. Many of the major plugins have 1.8 support now on those platforms. MCStats shows Spigot 1.8 is over 30,000 recorded servers and over 276,000 players now. It looks like bout 400 servers a day are converting to it or setting up fresh on it.

Trident status here:
    https://tridentsdk.net/

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  7. Offline

quakemaster1209

bukkit 1.8 is out through buildtools.jar which is available on spigot page.

8. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

To be perfectly honest, if you look at all of the other server softwares that are still used today, vanilla Bukkit is one of the least efficient ones out there. I kind of agree with the Bukkit team when they said it was just time to move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.