Is bukkit from scratch?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by sebagius7110, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sebagius7110

Hello, today I have a question for the bukkit developers or staff, or any of us community members that know. Was bukkit/craftbukkit made from scratch. Or was it made based off the MCP(Minecraft Coder Pack) Server?

I just want to know...

Thanks for whoever knows the answer and posts it. :D

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@sebagius7110 And which version are you talking about?
    The first Craftbukkit? The last?

3. Offline

Experminator

@sebagius7110 Craftbukkit is based of NMS (Net.Minecraft.Server), that is created by Mojang (Or by Wesley Wolfe, i'm confused who the owner of that is).

4. Offline

sebagius7110

1.7.10 or 1.8

I'm pretty sure net.minecraft.server is by mojang. Also Mojang owns the domain minecraft.net so, I think it would be Mojang's even you know Wesley Wolfe could have patched some things that CraftBukkit may or may not have based on, but I'm pretty sure it's by mojang, because that package is in the Minecraft 'client' so it can connect to the server 'instance' if the server data wasn't in the 'client' I don't really think you would be able to connect to server, but I could be wrong.

Also, I know craftbukkit has that because that's basically the standard server for vanilla, (then obviously the API is coded in). But did they like code all the other packages like blocks to the server them self, or base the rest off MCP. (Server no Client)

@timtower also, I don't know if it's a mistake or if it's meant to be spellt like it, but next to the +Quote button at the bottom of each post, it says Tahg, is it meant to be like that or is it a spelling mistake?

EDIT by Timtower: merged double posts, please use the edit button instead

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  5. Offline

Lolmewn

Definitely Mojang.

Craftbukkit (and the API, Bukkit) are made from scratch after HMod died/stopped.

6. Offline

pookeythekid

@sebagius7110 Well Tahg is an old Bukkit Team Member who hasn't been seen on this site since April 1, 2013. When I first saw his profile, I guessed the Tahg button had something to do with him.

7. Offline

Experminator

@Lolmewn Wait.. You said that Mojang the owner of Craftbukkit, why then that DMCA problem with Wesley Wolfe (Wolfereness)?

That was the thing i actually confused..

8. Offline

Lolmewn

Oh woops, let me clarify. NMS is by Mojang, all changes to it leading to a working API are done by the Bukkit Team which used to include Wolvereness.

9. Offline

Experminator

I understand i think: Wesley Wolfe was a member of the Bukkit Development Team, and has claimed it for him self?
    And he wants it back?

10. Locked, this is getting offtopic and the DMCA has been discussed on 10927356 (not really that many :eek:... or maybe...)

mactso likes this.
  11. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@bwfcwalshy
    Ehm, think you forgot to actually "lock" it xD
    Also, make sure to finish your sentence next time :p

MisterErwin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.