IPWhitelist

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Yoyuyi999, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Plugin category: Just With Friends, Anti-Griefing

Suggested name: ExamplePlugin

What I want: I want a plugin that lets people with a certain IP join. I do NOT want a plugin where you only let someone with you set an IP for a player. I would want it so only people with a specific IP to join. For Example: I enable this IP, ****.****.***.** . Then only people with that EXACT IP can join, no matter what the username was. Yes, I have used dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/wlip but it is outdated and kicks me even if I put my IP down.

Ideas for commands: /whitelistip add [IP], /whitelistip delete [IP]

Ideas for permissions: whitelistip.*, whitelistip.add, whitelistip.delete

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible. Before, Feburary.

If you can not get it before Feburary then please go up to at least April. I REALLY need this plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  2. Offline

YoshiGenius

Why not add the players to the whitelist.txt, unless your friends have hundreds of accounts?

3. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Well if you would like me to explain I shall but it is a hard explanation. So, I transformed my server into a Hub server using the plugin http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bungee-cord/. Now I am connecting the Hub to my host server but it requires online mode to be false. Now it is supposed to not allow offline mode players to join but on my host it does. And it is far too late to get my IP from being known since I have advertise MANY times in the past. I thought there was no solution until I found out that when you join the proxy server for the Hub it says that everyone has my IP. Now, first I found this as a problem and until I figured out I could get something like a IPWhitelist thing so it only allows people to connect to my host server through the Hub server. I would appreciate it if you could make this IPWhitelist idea work. Also, please view this to get a general idea to what BungeeCord does: http://i.imgur.com/ytkQX.jpg

I have also been using your AMAZING plugin PvP-Gamemodes for quite some time! Did not realize you were the author of that plugin. Thank You For Your Time.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

YoshiGenius

BungeeCord also says "Use an IPTable so no-one can access the backend server.

Thanks. :)

5. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Well The IPtable does not work on dedicated servers. I have tried this many times and my host said they cannot do anything about it. I just really need this one simple plugin and would really appreciate it if you can make this. Thank you again.

6. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Is it possible to get an answer? I would REALLY love this plugin.

7. Offline

scorbin60943

I'll make it.

8. Offline

william9518

Dont. From what i think he wrote, he needs this because he is using a cracked client. Bukkit states that we dont make anything for cracked clients(at least i think it does?)

Liam3100 likes this.
  9. Offline

scorbin60943

Ill try to have it done by 1-19-2013

humm...

10. Offline

william9518

Hmmmm.. Think about it. If his friends have 1 or 2 accounts why wouldnt he just whitelist?

11. Offline

scorbin60943

Change of plan Im not making this

Thanks william.

12. Offline

william9518

Ya i hate these cracked users. Wanna code something together? My plugins should be in my sig if u want to know ky coding exp.

Just whitelist... Banip them

im not sure if u should make or not... He says its because he has to set online mode to false... Sounds fishy to me...

13. Offline

scorbin60943

Ya that would be cool

14. Offline

william9518

K will contact u when i get on computer(typijg on a playbook rite nao)
    Meanwhile, plz add william.lee9518 on skype.

15. Offline

scorbin60943

added but iv gtg I should be back soon

16. Offline

Yoyuyi999

My server is not cracked. The main purpose of this is so cracked players CAN NOT join. If you would like to see i could show you my servers ip. if you actually read the post for bungeecord it says specificaly "We will never allow offline mode access. If you would like to join BOTH my servers I will send Ip just PM me. I swear this is not for offline mode access.

I can not just ban ip EVERY single players ip that are breaking rules, hacking, etc. Because there will be times I am not online nor any staff. This is not for cracked purposes.

If you do not believe I am premium then send me a premium server and see for yourself. Also, if I wanted something for cracked servers I would be looking at an Auth plugin. (facepalm) -.-

17. Offline

deApollo

Hmm this sounds quite do-able, what version of Bukkit would you like it developed for?

18. Offline

Yoyuyi999

CraftBukkit. If possible all. But i would mostly go for craftbukkit.

19. Offline

deApollo

I meant what version as in 1.4.6, 1.4.7, etc.

20. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Ahhh. All, right. Please start with craftbukkit version 1.4.7

21. Offline

deApollo

Yoyuyi999

Alrighty, I give you all IPList! An all-in-one IP based whitelisting system!

Bukkit Dev LINK

Temporary download LINK

22. Offline

Yoyuyi999

OMG. I thank you for this. If you would like join my server anytime! I'll give you develepor/manager! Again, thanks!

23. Offline

deApollo

Yoyuyi999

No problem, I hope you enjoy it! I may not join your server, but if you enjoy my plugins, donations are always appreciated!

24. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Again I get this error even with this plugin. It says my IP address has not been whitelisted even though I have. Also, I changed the kick message and it still has the same kick message. Help please?

25. Offline

deApollo

Hmm, could you show me the error? I tested this on the current beta build and everything was working.

26. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Actually never mind! It worked. But for some reason it only works if i put my ip in thru the game. not thru files

27. Offline

deApollo

You might just not be formatting the file correctly, I would just use the in-game interface anyway. Seems a bit easier.

28. Offline

Yoyuyi999

Nope im pretty sure i've set my messages right.

29. Offline

Gravity

30. Offline

Yoyuyi999