Ip fowarding

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by rguz10, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rguz10

I know this isent really a bukkit question so feel free to move it. But i am planing on getting a new computer for my server. So that means a new ip... so is there a way that my ip now can get redirected to a new one but you can also get on with the new one?
    Thanks

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Well, you could register your IP on no-ip.org, and give everyone that. Then when getting a new IP, just update the IP on the website and you'll be ready to go :)

3. Offline

rguz10

With no-ip is there a way to get it without something at the end just like shadowfirez.com and can i regester two ips for that so both ips will work because both NEED to work

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  4. Offline

techbeast34

...You will need to pay for an IP without anything at the end. But yes, If you download the NO-IP DUC, then you will be able to configure multiple IPs to one target.

5. Offline

rguz10

Thanks thats what I needed

6. Offline

rguz10

During sandy my lease was up :( so none of my players can play I have a new Ip but can I make the old ip go to the new one... Help please

7. Offline

MyPictures

Where do you host this server? At home or in a hosting company? If you host it at home then you only have 1 outside IP (most providers do that) so if you connect a new computer then you should still have the same outsider IP as before. You can always ask your provider for help if you have issues with your router. If you're in a hosting company then you have to ask them for changed your external IP to the new system.

8. Offline

rguz10

I host at home and the storm took my plugged in router with it so i got a new one. And my external IP is diffrent

9. Offline

MyPictures

Hmm best would be if you call your provider then and ask them if they can give you your old IP back. Some providers (like mine) have fix external IP so you will always have the same IP until you change the device or whatever. Other are dynamic (my old provider had this), so you get a new a IP whenever you restart/reset your router.

In this case you can try no-ip.com (the website should show everything you need to know). You can also use a domain (blabla.net, blabla.com or whatever) so your players can join over the domain then.

However, that's basically the problem when you host at home. You never know when your provider switches your external IP.

10. Offline

rguz10

I went with using no-ip just because i never know when my service provider is going to change it. But there is a plus there. Instead of a ton of numbers its just mc.shadowfirez.com
    But thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.