Solved IP address to Website link, to Java TO FIX!! Thanks Everyone!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MasterMindMassey, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I was wondering how could I can change my ip address from my minecraft server to more like a website link.

Any ideas on how do this?

..............................................................................................................................

I know I can edit the Server Properties file
    Code:
    server-ip=

The server doesn't have to be 24/7 and I want it to be FREE. Thanks.

2. Offline

Nucious

server-IP is always your internal IP address if your hosting it from your computer.
    Use No-IP
    and if your IP changes alot, then download the auto-updater client. Its simple DNS transmitting really... You can have it like mine. MC-ExoticCraft.No-IP.org ( or just like ExoticCraft.No-IP.Org ) .

3. Can you provide auto updater downlad link?

4. Offline

Nucious

Sure, and if needed I could do some sort of screenshot to assist you, its REALLY easy but anyways here...
    Windows Download of NO-IP DUC

By the way, make sure you setup your nameserver or w.e. on the site first, then add it on here. You also have to create an account :p.

5. Well, could you help me with one more thing? I just updated Java 6 to Java 7, i tried the tun.bat but then this popped up.

Untitled.png

6. Offline

whaling

You'll need to change your startup script. Paste your current one here for us.

7. Offline

Nucious

Does your emb.txt file consist of this Information?

PHP:
    @ECHO OFF
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2.4G -jar "craftbukkit.jar"
    PAUSE
    If you use jre6 or Program Files x86, then just replace that info. Also ignore the 2.4G, thats the RAM i dedicate to my sevrer.

8. @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx3072M -Xms3072M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    PAUSE

9. Offline

whaling

You might not need the '(x86)'. Try it without that?

10. Untitled1.png
    When I use that code it says Untitled.png

Java is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  11. Offline

Nucious

Weird, are you on RF.4?

12. Offline

whaling

Indeed, I happened to have it installed for 32 and 64 bit, so I thought it might be worth a try for you :p

13. Yea, im running Windows 7 64-bit with 4GB Ram and for Craftbukkit i am running 1.2.5-R4.0 (Build #02222)

Im just going to unistall java 7 and reinstall java 6 64 bit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

Nucious

Goodluck.

15. Great, Anymore help?

Untitled.png

It is now located in C:\Program Files\Java

16. Offline

whaling

I think it might be because you've defined 'server-ip='.

17. THANKS!!!! Lol how do i change the prefix to solved? On the thread

You guys are awesome!

18. Offline

whaling

Click 'Thread Tools' (top right of your first post), then 'Edit Thread' and click '(No prefix)'. Change that to Solved, then you're done :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.