InvisBlock Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by GladamirFlint, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GladamirFlint

CATEGORY- Mechanics

NAME- InvisBlock

WHAT I WANT-
    i want to be able to have a plugin that makes invisible blocks. The first command, /ib set, is used when a WorldEdit wand selects two points, and once your two points are selected, you type in /ib set, and it sets the blocks in between the two points to invisible blocks. Alternatively, the second command, /ib create, makes ONE invisible block where you are. If I am standing at coordinates 130, 6, 45; and I type in /ib create, it sets the block that I am at, (130, 6, 45) to an invisible block. "/ib set" is for multiple blocks at a time, whereas "/ib create" just makes one where you are standing.

COMMANDS- /ib set (and) /ib create

PERMISSIONS- invisblock.set and invisblock.create

TIMEFRAME- Within a week

If you know of any other plugin that does this very thing, don't hesitate to let me know in the comments. I'd rather be corrected than be ignorant.

2. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@GladamirFlint, correct me if I am wrong everyone, but this is impossible. You cannot create new blocks in bukkit.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  3. Offline

Experminator

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    GrandmaJam likes this.
  4. Offline

GladamirFlint

@Experminator or just have a certain block have an invisible texture when used, it's like a barrier block in 1.7

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  5. Offline

Experminator

That's impossible, sorry.

6. Offline

teej107

@Experminator @Tecno_Wizard You may send Air block changes to the client in the desired locations but I have no idea how buggy it would be. It would definitely not be as smooth as the barrier blocks. I think it might be better to just listen to PlayerMoveEvent and check it if they hit an "invisible block" but of coarse, it will never be as smooth as a barrier block.

7. Offline

DemKazoo

This is really simple -.-

It's LADDER:5 <- Invisible block..

Edit: WorldEdit can do this for you, //set ladder:5 > //replace <block> ladder:5

GrandmaJam likes this.
  8. Offline

Experminator

@DemKazoo You're wrong. It doesn't work.

@teej107 I think he can better play on 1.8....

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    teej107 likes this.
  9. Offline

teej107

10. Offline

DemKazoo

No seriously, there is a ladder with an id, which is invisible.

11. Offline

Johnanater

You could make it set to ID 36 AKA Piston (Players can move through)
    Or you could wait until a 1.8 server is stable then you can use a barrier block
    As said above: PLUGINS CANNOT ADD BLOCKS

This doesn't work anymore

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    GrandmaJam likes this.
  12. Offline

Experminator

@teej107 Block Invisibility glitches are fixed, so no blocks can be invisible.
    Time to update to 1.8!

GrandmaJam and teej107 like this.
  13. Offline

stenlankreijer

14. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thing:
    Client and serverside check for blocks in the path. Remove the blocks clientside and the server will stop the player from going through.

API_Tutorials likes this.
  15. Offline

stenlankreijer

@timtower
    I get what you mean but you can still use it for, for example, invisible pressure plates. These can be walked through.

16. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@stenlankreijer I know that. Redstone will resend the blocks to the client though.

17. If you are using 1.8, do //set barrier :) it's a built in invisible block

18. Offline

stenlankreijer

Yeah but I have like, mostly fixed that. I resend them so they are only visible 1 tick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.