Introducing Recommended Builds

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by EvilSeph, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

With the recent move to http://dl.bukkit.org, we're happy to announce a change to our building system that people have been wanting for a while now: recommended builds. The way the new system will work is that every week or so we'll be picking a CraftBukkit build and marking it as recommended so that plugin developers have an idea of what build they should be up to date with.

Recommended versions will be what we consider a "stable" revision of CraftBukkit. This means that we expect plugin developers to support the latest Recommended version at the very least. Plugin developers then also have the option of developing and releasing for the latest builds to help us test and mold the API, but we cannot guarantee any form of stability with development builds.

Since we only just recently deployed the Recommended builds system, things will not work as we planned: it is highly likely plugin developers will not be caught up for a few days but we hope this change will provide our community with a more stable "release" cycle to work with.

The latest recommended build can always be found here:
    http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/list/rb/

With this link always pointing to the latest Recommended build download:
    http://cbukk.it/craftbukkit.jar

And here's an RSS feed for the Recommended Builds system that you can subscribe to for notifications:
    http://ci.bukkit.org/other/latest_recommended.rss

At the moment we have chosen to keep development builds available to the general public, but this may be changing in the future.

2. "Unknown console command" appears if the generated event is set as cancelled.
    With a PlayerListener it was working right, but with the new system of commands most developers forgot to change that because it doesn't have the same meaning.

Well just ignore it because the command works ^^

3. Offline

PatrickFreed

I wonder what the finished bukkit 1.0 will be like, if it ever is finished. :p

4. Offline

AreLam

But what about the, how should I say this, "native command" /me then? That one is the most interesting :p

5. Offline

Steve Member

Sorry about that pmo4ka, I've committed a fix for this which will be included in the next RB if you could build a version from head, test and confirm that would be appreciated.

6. Offline

jungalist81

it will always update whenever there is a Minecraft Update

Ideally.... It would be nice if the game had full mod support and a release of the API

7. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build b818 with Minecraft 1.6(.6) support is now available.

Multiworld is now enabled again on top of all the improvements seen in previous 1.6 builds.

While we have extensively tested this build and did not come across any issues, we still recommend everyone backup their server before updating since we are still dealing with beta software even though this build is fully supported.

You can download the latest Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.6 here:
    http://goo.gl/3xIGx

ensirius, Pisi-Deff and pomo4ka like this.
  8. Offline

MrPendulum

Congrats to the team for such fast work!

9. Offline

Pencil

10. I looked at the code related to the "environments" and it actually just has to do with the changes between normal world and nether.

11. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build b860 is now available.

This build is mainly a bugfix release that addresses many issues we've noticed since b818 was made available and contains no API breaks so plugins should work fine. Updating is HIGHLY recommended, but please backup your server before updating, as usual.

Notable changes include:
    Fixed:
    Fixed cross world teleporting.
    Made map cursors rotate independently for every player shown on a map.
    Fixed environment handling.
    Fixed nether not having the right dimension.
    Fixed chunks saving more than they need to.
    Fixed chunk you teleport into not loading.
    Fixed Entity Damaged by Entity event firing twice when players damage each other.
    Fixed durability changing whether or not damage actually occurred.
    Fixed IPv6 support in NetworkManager.
    Prevent effects of tickrate degradation on item pickups
    Prevent effects of tickrate degradation on furnaces
    Improved Nether portal handling.
    Fixed client-side weather occuring when multiworld is in use.
    Fixed redstone current being sent even if a BlockPlace was canceled.
    Fixed support for multiworld beds.
    Improved CreatureSpawnEvent.
    Made Squids (Water Animals) obey the spawn-animals setting.
    Fixed Creepers being killed even if their Explosion Prime event was canceled.
    Fixed trapdoors not updating their state if a Player Interact event was canceled.
    Exempted Vehicles from Entity.java's sanity check.
    Fixed the value of empty YAML nodes being written as "null".
    Fixed fireball explosions not producing fire.
    Fixed clay generation.
    Fixed canceled lightning strikes dealing damage.
    Fixed from and two worlds being the same for PlayerTeleportEvents for cross world teleports
    (NOTE: As a result, PlayerTeleport no longer fires for using Nether portals, you must now use the 1.6 Portal events like PlayerPortal).

Added:
    Added support for custom chunk generators and block populators.
    Re-added per-world PVP setting support for plugins.
    Added unloadWorld functionality for plugins.
    Added ChunkSnapshot for plugins.
    Added UniqueIDs for entities for plugins.
    Added more control over block placement on interactable objects.
    Added events related to Nether portals.
    Added sendChunkChange method for plugins.
    Made it possible for plugins to prevent punching out fires.
    Added an EntityTame event.
    Added createExplosion method for plugins.
    Added playSound/Effect methods for plugins.
    Added the world name to the player logged in log message.
    Added ItemSpawn event.

Updating is HIGHLY recommended as this build improves stability and fixes many, many bugs as well as adds many new features, as you can see above.

Juze, pomo4ka, Zero9195 and 10 others like this.
  12. Offline

Afforess

*claps*

13. Offline

ZephyrSigmar

Hell yes!
    Thank you! :)

14. Offline

Zaros

Very nice!
    [cake]

15. Offline

Tux2

"Added createExplosion method for plugins."

Yay! I can stop using the somewhat confusing explosion code in my weather plugin. :D

16. Offline

Lolmewn

Great work! I thank you for this <3

Code:
    Fixed from and two worlds being the same for PlayerTeleportEvents for cross world teleports.
    I think you ment From and To worlds?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  17. Offline

Tazzernator

18. Offline

Brain

Alright, time to move to 1.6! :)

19. :eek: WOOOOOO!!!!!! Have to rebuild createInstanceWorld again to take chunk generator into account, scratch that wooo.

No more fragile code that hacks into CraftBukkit to do this!

I wonder what ChunkSnapshot is though, seems like it might be useful

20. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Thanks your the update :)
    I'm going to look, if my plugin still works :p

21. Offline

NathanWolf

Sweeeet! Thanks for the detailed update, @EvilSeph. Finally- nether + Bukkit, for reals! Can it be?

22. Offline

Windwaker

Happy Day :)

23. Offline

NathanWolf

There is so much cool stuff in here (custom chunk generators? explosion exposed? playSound???), I hate to focus on a negative, buuuutt- is this:

- Fixed nether not having the right dimension.

Meant to imply that nether/normal portals should line up now?

I'm still having all of my normal world portals point to the same spot in the nether. I've tried travelling a good ways before portalling :)

Going the other ways seems to work- or, at least, when I portal from nether to normal, it puts me in a different spot each time.

Keep up the excellent work! Thanks, team.

24. Offline

EvilSeph

No, the nether portals pointing to the same portal issue is a Vanilla issue documented in a MinecraftForum thread which I don't have the link to right now. I think it might even be intended behaviour.

25. Offline

ArmEagle

Isn't the supposed vanilla behavior that portals in the same area (up to about 128 cubed) will link to the same portal in the nether?

Though that didn't seem to prevent my return to create a new portal with CB818. But I guess I'll just have to try it out again now. Worst case I'll have a look at the new portal events and try and link portals more strictly.

Anyway, thanks for all your work, Bukkit team! Most visible is probably the chunk issue. And I'm really glad that got resolved. But there's so much more that will stay unknown to many players.

26. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Fantastic job guys, I'll definitely be adding some of the new features to my plugin!

27. Offline

speeddemon92

@halvors and myself are the first to use this event in our plugin as it was halvors pull request :D

28. Offline

pomo4ka

Thanks for the update.

29. Offline

Juze

Fabulous, thanks guys for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.