Filled Interactive Death Message

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by cato11112, May 6, 2014.

1. Offline

cato11112

I need a plugin that broadcast a death message and who kills who. When a player get killed by a another player it shall be broadcasted like "<victim> got killed by <killer> with <weapon>"

When you take your mouse over the weapon it will tell you every information about the weapon

for example "player1 got killed by player2 with My Sword"

When i hover over "My Sword" it will come op the enchantings for that weapon

For example the weapon had looting 2 when you hover over the weapon name will looting 2 come up on the tool tip

2. Offline

Crud41

This could be achieved through the use of commandblocks if you are desperate enough. I haven't seen much of the new MC features used in plugins.

3. Offline

Justinian6

I understand the first part with the player death message (that'll take 5 min.)
    But, the second part makes no sense... explain

4. Offline

Justinian6 he means like when u hover over a link and a text box appears he wants you to manipulate that to show the info

5. Offline

Justinian6

ok, that makes more sense... so that should be a simple click chat event
    I'll see what I can do.

6. Offline

cato11112

How can i do it?
    I wan't it like the death message to be for example a sword is named "Swordio" and someone kills a player with that sword the deathmessage will be "Michaled killed Jason with Swordio". You know when players gets achievements on a server now todays you can hover your mouse over the achievment name and a tooltip will come and tell you how to get that achievement.
    What i trying to explain is when you have your mouse cursor over Swordio in the death message it will come up a tooltip about what wepon it is and what enchanting it has.
    For example swordio is an diamond sword when you have your cursor over the name a tooltip will come up like you have the item in your inventory.
    timtower do you understand me?

7. Offline

Justinian6

yes... so far I only have the enchantments being displayed over the name of the item... is there any other thing about the item you want displayed???

8. Offline

cato11112

Yes the real name of the item too so i won't be trolled with the death message when people have a diamond sword and named it a wooden sword

But its optional

9. Offline

Justinian6

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  10. Offline

cato11112

11. Offline

Justinian6

12. Offline

badboysteee98

Justinian6 the tooltip thing you could add with the JSON Chat message now and you wouldn't need ChatLib and ProtocolLib as the JSON Chat Message is downloadable to put into your own Plugin

13. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

ProtocolLib is for easy packet handling without updating every 2-3 months. ChatLib is for easy access. You can also make plugins without the bukkit api but I don't see anybody doing that either.

JuicyDev likes this.
  14. Offline

cato11112

I have installed the protocollib, chatlib and death messages but only the weapon name comes up

15. Offline

Justinian6

hmmm... let me check

could you send me a picture?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  16. Offline

cato11112

Its not allowed to comment twice you must edit your comment to not comment twice. I send the server log tomorrow

17. Offline

Justinian6

ok

Btw, bad habit

18. Offline

cato11112

19. Offline

Justinian6

cato11112 as far as I can see... there is nothing wrong. Did you test it?

20. Offline

cato11112

Justinian6 i did i didn't kill any players when i did send you the log

21. Offline

Justinian6

cato11112 Ummm.... Send me the log that has a player being killed

22. Offline

cato11112

Justinian6 sorry for the long waiting time no one was on the server when i should kill someone put i got the problem fixed. The plugin did just happen to work for some reason. Here is the log if you wan't to see http://pastebin.com/TavdMMXB

23. Offline

Justinian6

good

24. Offline

Mathias Eklund

25. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Also funny that it was locked by somebody else but the OP

Mathias Eklund likes this.
  26. Offline

cato11112

Its time to tag this topic for "Filled"

27. Offline

Justinian6

It's my idea of a joke
    (Lame right)

28. Offline

cato11112

Justinian6 timtower I have a problem with the plugin the enchantings and the real item name is on the same line so when players have more that 5 enchantings it will go out of the screen any idea how to make the enchantments and the real name on seperate lines?

29. Offline

Justinian6

cato11112 Ummm.... I don't think the JSON supports the new &n for a new line... try asking one of the others, to be honest I don't know... sorry.