INSANELY stubborn glitch - Players 'losing perms'

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pacmanjones, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pacmanjones

Please help me out with this, I've tried everything from upgrading all my plugins to removing the last 20 I added, and nothing has worked so far!

I have this weird bug currently where some players (maybe 80%? more like 99% now) lose their permissions upon login. It happens randomly and can only be fixed by a server restart (not even a /perm reload). Once they've "lost perms", they can only build in their own town area and communicate via /tell (they can't speak in global anymore)

I tried updating bPermissions to the latest dev build (along with vault) to fix it, but the glitch still happens. I've tried process of elimination. I've tried going on the bananacode IRC to get help, but nothing has worked so far. The only POSSIBLE fix for me atm is restarting the server every hour, which is a terrible band-aid fix and is definitely NOT what I need.

The problem is that when the player loses perms, there is NO ERROR in the logs. None at all. The stragest part is, when I check what groups the player is in via bperms (in-game), they are still in the exact same groups, nothing changed?

What's going on here??!?! :mad:

Could someone with dev knowledge at least let me know which plugins could possibly do this so I can try and thin down the list myself?

Currently running R4. Problem started a week ago with R1/R2.
    Plugins:

appleseed, automessage, bonus, bookworm, bpermissions, cfbanner, chestshop, citizens, coloredsigns, commandbook, deathtpplus, dragontravel, ecocreature, falsebookblock, falsebookcore, falsebookextra, falsebookic, gamemode, herobounty, herochat, herosneak, homespawnplus, iauction, iconomy5, jenchant, lagmeter, lavafurnace, logblock, lottery, lwc, lwceconomy, magicspells, magicspellsshop, mcbans, mcmmo, minebackup, minequery, mobarena, mobdisguise, multiinv, multiversecore, multiverseportals, narrowtuxlib, newclasses, nocheat, openinv, orebfuscator, piggrinder, potionmaster, preciousstones, questioner, register, safecreeper, serversave, simplecensor, simplehat, spawnerblocker, stopflood, towny, VNP, vault, vaultslots, virtualchest, votifier, voxelsniper, worldborder, worldedit, worldguard

2. Offline

codename_B

bump, I'm curious about this one too considering no-one can replicate it.

3. Offline

marktech

I'm getting an issue that is very similar to this. The only difference is that I'm using GroupManager.

4. Offline

pacmanjones

Thanks for the interest. Want me to send you my complete bPerms folder?

What plugins from the list do you also use?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  5. Offline

marktech

automessage, falsebookblock, falsebookcore, falsebookextra, falsebookic, lottery, minequery, narrowtuxlib, nocheat, vault, voxelsniper, worldedit, worldguard.

6. Offline

pacmanjones

I'll test lottery and nocheat today. Worst part of it is, every test can take up to 12 hours because the problem pops up randomly.

7. Offline

codename_B

At least that shows us that it's not bPermissions at fault here - now we've just gotta track down whatever the hell is!

8. Offline

pacmanjones

I tried dropping appleseed, bonus, cfbanner, iauction, gamemode, lavafurnace, coloredsigns and lottery

Let's see what happens.

EDIT:

codename_B

Wondering if this would cause any issues:

In my bPerms folder, the user config is all lowercase. The groups config is not however. (this happened when I imported from the 1.9 version

ie Player1

has groups:

builder
    donator1

In the groups config the actual groups are

default, Builder and Donator1

I don't think it would be a problem, especially considering the players are getting the right permissions/prefixes from those groups (the right prefix from Donator1 for instance)

9. Offline

codename_B

You're right it wouldn't be a problem.

I have a solution to it (but it would involve rewriting all your plugins to depend on the bPermissions api)

10. Offline

pacmanjones

Damn still have the problem. I'll try moving everything to a new folder, or maybe give the *unmentioned* special build a shot.

11. Offline

sean1231

Hmmm, i have been having this problem aswell.

(No-matter what rank i was, i couldn't speak in global unless i was an op)

I fixed this by removing all out-date plugins from the server. And i worked just like that!

(It was probably to do with compatibility with other older plugins)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.