Inactive [INFO] SimpleHelp v1.8.2 - A Help Command That Is Simple To Change [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Chewing-Gumm, May 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

SimpleHelp - A Help Command That Is Simple To Change
    Version: v1.8.2

Description:

You can simply modify your /help Command with colors and send up to 9 Lines to the Player.
    This Plugin was requested by rad1game

Features:
    • Color Support
    • Modify your /help Command
    • Ingamereload
    • Up to 10 Pages
    • Optional Permissions Support -> Different lists for admins and default users
    • Customizable Errors
    How to Use:

You just write the text into the specified Lines/Pages in File in /plugins/SimpleHelp including the ColorCodes (Provided with the txt file in rar file) without needing to leave space between the Colorcode and your Messages.

Permissions Nodes:
    How to Update:

- Please copy the customized stuff like the lines into another File (Like a backup)
    - Then delete the config File and replace the old .jar File
    - After that you will want to restart the server and copy the old Line/Error Configurations back into the File.

Commands:
    Code:
    /help <page> ->   The Help-Command^^(You must not enter a page. By default it's set to 1, so you can just type: "/help" for page 1
    /reloadhelp   ->   Reload the file

Aliases:
    /ihelp <page>
    Download:

Download v1.8.2 (readme.txt with colorcodes + jar file)

Changelog:

Version 1.8 (02.08.2011)
    • Added an error if you type in a not integer page. -> Default(First) Page will be printed.
    • Version 1.8.1: Expanded the page limit to 15.
    • Version 1.8.2: Fixed Out 0f Bounds error.
    Older Logs:
    Show Spoiler

Version 1.0 (03.05.2011)
    • Initial Release of the plugin
    Version 1.1 (05.05.2011)
    • Possibility to reload file without server restart
    Version 1.2 (07.05.2011)
    • Changed the File Type to .YML -> but still not sorted (You can sort the lines by hand)
    • Added an Example
    • 2 Help Pages to use
    Version 1.3 (10.05.2011)
    • Up to 10 Pages
    • Changed/Added Errors for an Empty/Unknown Page
    • Abillity to add more Pages by hand.
    Version 1.4 (18.05.2011)
    • Permissions Support -> Different lists for admins and default users
    Version 1.5 (19.05.2011)
    • Fixed the bug, that the wrong Pages are shown if you type '/help <x>' as an admin
    • If Page 1 is empty and no parameter is given, there will be shown "Empty Page" now.
    • Version 1.5.1: -> Fixed the bug where the wrong pages were shown (/help 1 = help page 2)
    Version 1.6 (13.06.2011)
    • Added The ability to customize the Errors
    • Version 1.6.1: -> Added a new alias for /help -> /ihelp
    Version 1.7 (22.06.2011)
    • Permissions Support is now optional -> Removed the old 1.3 Release

You like my Plugin?​
    I mean you REALLY like it?!​
    Then please help me to keep this up and​

[​IMG]

2. Offline

user_44103

Nice Plugin, this is what i need for my server. I will test it soon. Can you change the command to /ihelp, that would be very nice, cause i use an other PlugIn named Smarter Help.

Greets
    Me

3. Offline

rad1game

Big thx for this plugin. It's exactly /help command and not include any shit.

4. Just what i needed a good looking /help command
    Can you also set different /help for different groups (@permissions/groupmaker/etc)?
    So that an admin has a longer list than a builder.
    Can you also make different pages for the /help command, because I've got a big amount of mods that all need to be in the /help.
    thanks already for the plugin

5. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

There is more to come. But i will change the File type.
    Because it's hard to sort this kind of file used in it at this moment.
    When it's done, i will update and bring more lines.
    Maybe also something with exclusive lines for admins.

There will be also a /reloadhelp command

6. Offline

TheMightyPotato

Hey, I love your plugin it helped clean the cluster **** of the regular /help :p but there's one thing I need help with... Is there any way to make more than 1 page of help? I have the help modified to line 30, but it only shows the first 9 lines, is there any way to fix this? thanks ^^

7. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

YOu can't modify to more than 9 lines.
    Because i have to change the code.
    There is only space for 9 line at the moment.
    If i set it above, the lines will be unsorted and so i will change the file type to fix this.
    When I've done that, i will release v1.1

#Version 1.1 released - but still the same file type. Check out changelog ;)

8. Offline

TheMightyPotato

Aw well that's too bad D:
    Guess I'll just wait for it to update again ^^ looking forward to it !

9. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

@Mighty:
    If you press 't' you can only show up to 20 lines at once in the complete list.
    So there will be 20 lines to edit in the next update.

10. Offline

TheMightyPotato

That sounds awesome ^^
    Just a suggestion, but do you think you could have pages of help?
    like e.g. /Help1, /Help2, etc...
    so you could keep with the 9 items per page, and have several pages so it doesn't flood :D

11. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

I think that is possible to do.
    I think i will do something like this:

/help <helppage> and the helppage is by default 1, so you musn't type /help 1.
    But for the other pages, you will have to type /help 2... 3...

TheMightyPotato likes this.
  12. Offline

TheMightyPotato

That would be awesome ^^
    Hope its not too hard to do that tho :p
    Well good luck with that :) looking forward to the update !

13. Offline

OrtwinS

Thank you!
    But before I am going to use this I really would like to have:
    - multi page support (ie /help 1, help 2 etc.)

Optional extra:
    Being able to change the file ingame, like /helptext [page] [line] [text].
    This would of course require some sort of permission support, but simple OP-only will suffice.
    This would be a very big plus since my server is hosted 8000 km. away and having to log-in, download, edit, upload and reload is really holding me to quickly edit/correct my current help file.

14. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

@OrtwinS:
    I set it onto my ToDo List.

BTW: Almost Done. I changed it to a yml file. But the multiple pages are making some trouble to me...
    Only the first page is working properly.
    When i type something else, i get an Error.
    I am still trying to fix this. Then i am going to release the next version.

#Released Version 1.2 of the Plugin
    Check out the Changelog!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  15. Offline

TheMightyPotato

Nice !!!
    Just upgraded to 1.2 and loving it ^^
    Keep up the good work :)

16. Offline

TobbenTM

Confused about the colorcodes..
    Take blue for example. "&!B" = Blue is what is said in readme. In the example it seems like you would be using "B&!"? Neither works ingame. "&!B" throws out an error about some anchor stuff, and "B&!" does not work.
    Code:
    18:40:55 [SEVERE] while scanning an anchor; expected alphabetic or numeric character, but
    found but found ! loading SimpleHelp v1.2 (Is it up to date?)
    while scanning an anchor
     in "<reader>", line 6, column 16:
                line1: &!B/chlist 2&!W = Show available ...
                       ^
    expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found but found !
     in "<reader>", line 6, column 17:
                line1: &!B/chlist 2&!W = Show available  ...
                        ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanAnchor(ScannerImpl.java:1156)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchAnchor(ScannerImpl.java:794)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:317)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingValue.produce(ParserImpl.
    java:592)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:132)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.ja
    va:124)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:73)
            at me.secrettm.SimpleHelp.SimpleHelp.loadFile(SimpleHelp.java:156)
            at me.secrettm.SimpleHelp.SimpleHelp.onEnable(SimpleHelp.java:82)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:632)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:287)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java
    :201)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

17. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

Gonna test this.
    Be patient please ;)

Oh sorry. I found the problem :S I made a wrong Example in the File :p
    You have to set ' before a sentence and one ' after a sentence. Otherwise you will get Errors...
    I also removed sumething unnecessary from the code.
    Please redownload ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

TobbenTM

Will do, thanks

19. Offline

Jebub

OK. First of all, I love your plugin, it's exactly what I was looking for. But now to the business why I am here... When I try to make more than 2 pages (standard in the config) it says "Unknown page". I've tried all pages from /help 3 to /help 9 but none of them seem to work. I really have no idea what to do so some help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jebub

20. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

I know.
    There is more to come, and also a variable page count...
    But for now there are 2 Pages and to prevent from strange Errors, i made a Message that says "Unknown Page"

21. Offline

Jebub

Ah, that explains alot. I'll be waiting for a new update then. Keep up the good work. :)

22. Offline

Master_Queef

Can anyone link me the one that worked on #740?

23. Offline

OrtwinS

You could take a peak at how the Essentials team did it, I use that now and its just one long file that gets cut up in several pages. (Looking to get rid of Essentials, that why I'm interested in this plugin).

24. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

@Master_Queel:
    I think this works for Build 740...
    There were no dramatic changes between #740 and #755 that effected this Plugin.

I will update to #766 soon and i think there will also be the ability to make more than 2 pages by hand.
    I'm thinking of up to 10 or 20 sites... Do you think that will be enough?

#Realeased Version 1.3!
    Check out the Changelog ;)

//EDIT:
    Feedback Please ;)
    Tell me whats bad and maybe good^^

25. Offline

aleksw

Thank you for this plugin. I've searched for a simple help plugin and this is the best :)

26. Offline

tomomsius

does it show different permissions groups different commands?

27. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

Not yet.
    I will add this in a future version.

28. Offline

Gamer_169

Whenever i type help it says '[SERVER] Empty Page' what have i done wrong? plus do i need to delete the example?

HelpLines:
    page1: '&!CType &!G/lwc &!Cto get command help for &!m Chest &!Cand &!mDoor Protection.'

29. Offline

Chewing-Gumm

You don't need to delete the example.

You have to write something like this:

page1:
    line1: 'yourtext'

Thats how you do it ;) Not directly in the line with page1

30. Offline

Gamer_169

I tried it again and it still wont work :/ i put it as u said....
    page1:
    line1: '&!WThis is a &!WPOSSIBLE &!Wway to make a line!'