[INFO] OnlineUsers 1.7.0 - logged users in a file/mysql [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Brettflan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Brettflan

2. Offline

user_2408

Thanks! Works ok now =)

3. Offline

Poinball

Please Update the Version to the Craftbukit #493 :(

4. Offline

Brettflan

Huh? Are you having a specific problem, or have you tried my unofficial build 2 posts up from yours? It's working fine for me on 493.

5. Offline

mangaultime

Hello i use your unofficial build of OnlineUser and craftbukkit build 493.

Onlineuser is Loaded but mysql-function not work. Bdd not create or no update.
    Code:
    16:31:28 [INFO] OnlineUsers version 1.5.2 is enabled!

6. Offline

Brettflan

For MySQL support, it looks for "mysql-connector-java-bin.jar" in the root server folder (up one level above the "plugins" folder). There's a link at the top of the original post to download that, though I think you'll need to rename the JAR file.

7. Offline

IndianaX

@Brettflan: Thx, your 1.5.2 works for me.

How about some improvemnts like "last-seen" when remove-offline-users = false including "last online duration" :)

8. Offline

Poinball

Ohh i didn't see :p Thx a lot for this custom update :D

9. Offline

mangaultime

i have mysql connector, before craftbukkit update Online user with mysql work fine

10. Offline

Brettflan

Well, not sure what the problem could be then. It references the same library as the original (mysql-connector-java-bin.jar), and looks for it in the same place (one folder up from the plugin, in the main Minecraft/CraftBukkit folder).
    I don't use that functionality myself, so I haven't actually directly tested it. So, I can't swear that it does work, but it should.

11. Offline

user_2408

Bump for great updated justice!

12. Offline

-FN-

Is there a current successor to this plugin? It sure was handy...

13. Offline

Brettflan

14. Offline

-FN-

Ah, didn't realize that would still work, thanks Brettflan :) What's the required table schema for the MySQL table this plugin uses? I've created the database and table, but have no clue what columns the table needs...

15. Offline

Brettflan

Someone above was indicating MySQL support wasn't working. Between that and your query, I decided to go ahead and test the MySQL functionality. It indeed works fine.
    Just set "destination=mysql" and set the "user" and "pass" values appropriately along with the "db". It defaults to using the database named minecraft, specified in the "db" field. Set the "table" value to whatever you want the table name to be. The table will be created automatically if it doesn't already exist.
    You will of course need the file named mysql-connector-java-bin.jar in your root minecraft folder, or you'll just get a string of error messages from OnlineUsers not being able to find it.

16. Offline

Brettflan

DurtyFree likes this.
  17. Offline

user_2408

18. Offline

Brettflan

And another, to support RB 612+:
    http://wimbli.com/minecraft/OnlineUsers_1.5.4_unofficial.zip

Croemmich had the plugin's namespace in org.bukkit and the Bukkit devs just finished sealing that, so I just had to change the namespace. So... no changes you'd notice, only internal restructuring.

EDIT: considering Croemmich hasn't even logged in to the forum in close to 2 months, I'll see about officially adopting this plugin once it hits the 2 month mark.

19. Offline

DurtyFree

I hope you will take over this plugin. I need this plugin too much to lose it :eek:

20. Offline

user_2408

Agreed, I love this plugin primarily because it's just so simple and is MySQL :D And as always, thanks for the effort.

21. Offline

Poinball

Thx ! But can you update it for CB 617 ?

22. Offline

Brettflan

Is it not working for you in 617?

23. Offline

Brettflan

Croemmich has officially transferred control of the plugin to me to maintain, so... that I shall do.

Also, I've tested 1.5.4 as working in RB 670.

24. Offline

Jacckk

Whats the actual command for use of this?

25. Offline

user_2408

Well there's no command really, its sole purpose is to record who is currently logged in to the game server (to either MySQL or a flatfile). From there you can whip up some code (python, php, etc) to use that information however you want. In my server's case, we have a series of web tools users have access to -- and the "who is currently online" information comes straight from this plugin.

26. Offline

Indyhouse

{longtime} and {shorttime} both produce the same output for me.

27. Offline

Brettflan

Confirmed. The code for both was in there, it was just hard-wired to show the "shorttime" for both. So...

Released 1.5.5 (see first post).
    • fix for {longtime} and {shorttime} (in flatfile template) both outputting the same thing

28. Offline

Shanev

Is this plugin supposed to display a user online list when you login? Becaus it doesn't work for me (CB740, MC1.5). The users are in the txt file in the plugins ordner, but are not displayed when you login

29. Offline

Brettflan

No, this plugin does nothing which is visible in-game, it's solely for outputting the player list for access by other software/scripts.

30. Offline

Legi0n12

craftbukkit 766
    onlineusers 1.5.5
    mysql 5.5

For not clear reason the information doesn't get to a database by current quantity of players on the server.
    That is after what that time (hour or is more, sometimes it is less), number of players which is displayed in a database to become less than real number of the players displayed by a command /who ingame

31. Offline

Brettflan

Can you compare the list of players shown in one to the other, to see which player is missing? Can you then check your logs for anything odd relating to that player logging in or getting disconnected? This plugin monitors player logins and disconnections to maintain the player list, but it's possible something is somehow slipping past that.
    I haven't seen any problems like you're describing, but I do use the flatfile method myself. The results should be the same either way, though.