[INFO][MECH] Namespace v1.3.7 - Name your places[740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by asdaarg, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Offline

asdaarg

Ok, that's the problem then. Multiverse is enabled after namespace. Hmm. Should namespace attempt to import the world ahead of multiverse?

2. Offline

Guenael

I think namespace try to import before multiverse activate the world i explain you why :

Namespace work all time on my first world (write inside server.properties) but not for second world activate by multiverse BUT if i do a reload namespace , namespace becoming to work for these 2 world perfectly !!

(but i cannot reload like that just because /plugin reload plugin from essentials 2.1 is broken since age :s )

3. Offline

asdaarg

The thing is, namespace does not attempt to import worlds. Maybe I should add a configuration you can set so that namespace can import a world that it has spaces in. I'm not sure what else could or should do.
    Edit: Sure I do, I could just have it loaded but unused and have it wait until some other plugin brings in the world.
    Edit: Fixed now so it waits for any other plugins to load it, since namespace has no idea whether its a nether or normal one, and bukkit doesn't exactly inform you about it but let it to plugins to decide.

4. Offline

Guenael

Thank you very much, it works, full working in my 2 multiverses worlds without reloadall :

Code:
    05:28:04 [INFO] namespace 1.3.7 enabled.
    05:28:04 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] version 2.2 initialized!
    05:28:04 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 2.7 loaded.
    05:28:04 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] OddItem version 0.6.5 loaded.
    05:28:04 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Lockette version 1.3.4 loaded.
    05:28:04 [INFO] Memory max: 7012876288 bytes
    05:28:04 [INFO] Memory total: 2730688512 bytes
    05:28:04 [INFO] Remote Toolkit Plugin V0.31b enabled!
    05:28:04 [INFO] [OddItem] 0.6.5 enabled
    05:28:04 [INFO] [OddItem] Parsed 94 entries.
    05:28:04 [INFO] NSCommand 0.2 enabled.
    05:28:04 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Permissions Found
    05:28:04 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Version 1.6.2 Enabled
    05:28:04 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Found iConomy, enabling payments.
    05:28:04 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'Adelinoa_Village' - NORMAL
    05:28:04 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'Battleground' - NORMAL
    05:28:05 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 2 - World(s) loaded.

5. Offline

Nelien

Thank you for this plugin! Works great! (well, visaid is a bit unpredictable :) )

I would suggest however to change the commands to all prefix 'ns' or something similar (/nsmark instead of /mark) to help ensure compatibility with other plugins.

6. Offline

asdaarg

If you have problems with visaid, then I'd like to know. You can change the commands in config.txt if there is a conflict, or if you just want to type something else.

7. Offline

Nelien

I didn't know I could change the commands, that'd be very useful!

I didn't try visaid too much but here's what happened. I made a selection around a small lake (around 10x10 in size) with some ups and downs of dirt around it, i.e. it wasn't a perfectly flat section. I expanded it 10 blocks up and down to end up with a selection of aproximately 10x10x10. I then enabled visaid and the glass cubes ended up in a tight corner on land, not crossing the water. That is, the visaid showed the selection to be something like a 2x10x2 (XxYxZ) selection completely on land. This was still inside the real selection but it looked as it had troubles expanding over water.

Despite visaid I created the zone anyway trusting my original selection and it was indeed correct. The lake-zone was created as a 10x10x10 cuboid, not what visaid implied.

8. Offline

asdaarg

Perhaps you created 2 spaces without knowing it and did visaid on the one you didn't know about. You could check this by looking at spaces.txt and see if you can find an entry:
    name,world,,C,x1,y1,z1,x2,y2,z2
    where x1 and x2 are very close to each other and z1 and z2 as well. And you know about at what coordinate that was. Visaid has been used for a long time and never had any oddities like this, so this is the most likely situation you have from my point of view.

9. Offline

Nelien

Hmm, you might be right, I tried playing around with the plugin (had it uninstalled), and wow it's complicated to figure out how it works... After I did however visaid seemed to work a lot more like I expected it to :).

Edit: This truly needs a proper tutorial, it's a very powerful plugin but very hard to learn to use.

10. Offline

G1R Productions

Is there any permissions i NEED to add to the default classes?

11. Offline

asdaarg

Not really but if you use nsonlinelist, nsonlinelist.who is recommended.

12. Offline

lambeco

Having some trouble with /visaid on SMP server. Someone enabled visaid for a space and forgot about it, and now no one can turn it off.

13. Offline

asdaarg

It should get turned off once that player logs out.

14. Offline

lambeco

It didn't. It also survived a server restart. Unfortunately the logs don't say anything about who turned it on or when, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be able to give in terms of debugging.

15. Offline

valdark

Didn't see this in the documentation. Can I rename a space once set?

16. Offline

asdaarg

I thought I replied to this already. Without the logs yes, its hard to know where the problem could be. If the glass cage is big, I might be able to help you remove it.

Not directly. I guess I could add such a feature. But you can do it easily by editing spaces.txt, changing the name there. Then do a /reload.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  17. Offline

valdark

Thanks for the quick reply. That method will work for the time being. But I wouldn't mind seeing the option in a future update.

18. Offline

zamoriak

This mod seems really cool and i would love to use it, but when i install it (By dragging the NsCommand.jar and NameSpace.jar into the plugins folder, it doesn't seem to work, as when i type /mark it says "Access Denied" . It seems to say that for every command I try. Do you have any idea what's going on?

19. Offline

asdaarg

It sounds like you did not set up permissions right.

20. Offline

zamoriak

I keep hearing about permissions but I don't fully understand them. The only plugin on my server is The Essentials, and I have Op status, so can i still edit permissions, or is it a seperate plugin?

21. Offline

asdaarg

Its an indepdent plugin, but I don't know if its included in Essentials or not. It should actually default to ops only if you don't have permissions support. But it should say it during startup.

22. Offline

zamoriak

When I start up my server is says: "Fake Permissions 2.7.2 enabled" so do i need permissions plugin or something?

23. Offline

asdaarg

Then you probably have group manager. You need to set up your permissions. Or remove it.

24. Offline

zamoriak

Ok I got it working now. Thanks a ton! and sorry for all the questions. Great mod btw.

25. Offline

Monkeysnow

The download is broken -_-

26. Offline

asdaarg

Try now.

27. Offline

RobertJFClarke

When I reload the server, the messages appear like this ?3entering &4spawn&f. I think something is messed up. This is with the very latest Bukkit build.

28. Offline

adro_is_awesomo

i like cheese

yea it does!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  29. Offline

saturnine_nl

is this plugin compatible with permissions 3.5 and bukkit 860 ?

30. Offline

Algester

just curious how do I know what I'm currently entering a space and how do I set categories for that space im not getting anything useful i kept on trying using /displayspaceinsight but the console is not throwing me back any info