Inactive [INFO] MCDocs v14.3 ~ Documentation Plugin || MOTD, Local or Online Files, Your Commands [1.3.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tazzernator, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NEWS (open)

Version 11.2 released (22nd October 2011)

Version 11.2
    • Added permissions wildcard support (mcdocs.*) works for all commands.
      • Note: this only allows all commands. mcdocs.reload does not fall under this wildcard. This needs to be set separately.
    • Added some try catch around the motd: configs.
    • Fixed motd-enabled
    Version 11.1
    • Removed the spacing that occurs when you only have 1 page.
    • New variable: %time (Shows what time it is in the player's world in 12 hour format.
      • Sun rises @ 5am, Sets @ 7pm
    Version 11
    • Updated to work with PermissionsBukkit (Tested, nodes work)
    • Updated to work with Register for %balance, you will need to download the Register plugin for this to work with iConomy and various other economy plugins.
    • Optimised much of the code.
    • Updated the commands config structure, much simpler now than before. :)
    • You can now use %name, %size, %world, %group, %ip, %world, %prefix, %suffix in your file paths in the config.yml
    • Redefined the MOTD process.
      • Is now all defined within configuration
      • You can now use online files
    • Changed how logging occurs, you can toggle if you want to be informed about errors or not in the config now.
    • Group support now uses an in house permission system, where you define the groups players are in manually.
    • New permissions-enabled variable, Do you have any permissions system installed? Yes: true | No: false

DoomLord, Camberme, efstajas and 18 others like this.
  2. Offline

Tazzernator

MCDocs never creates a file besides config.yml.

It would be another plugin.

3. Offline

ambientmf

Is the download link down? I can't seem to download the newest MCDocs (updating my server from 617 to 670).

4. Offline

Tazzernator

Try the direct links on the previous page. Alit of people backyp on my vps at this hour so the web server is slow to respond

5. Offline

Racha

How can it be antoher plugin :O ? It just shows pages of motd ;/

6. Offline

Tazzernator

...you are obviously completely thick to not even comprehend the simple fact that to disable the motd in mcdocs, you delete motd.txt in the plugins/MCDocs directory. If is still showing, then your problem is not with MCDocs but either with another plugin or the cell structure in your brain.

7. Offline

captainawesome7

@Tazzernator LOL [diamond][diamond][diamond]

Tazzernator Made an official MCDocsChat here: MCDocsChat

Version: 1.1 ~Test Build: 670

This lets you use customizable commands to display .txt files through chat!
    For permissions, add the node mcdocschat.* or for the command /wt you would add mcdocschat./wt

• MCDocs MCDocsChat is made with the concept of customisation at it's core. I understand that every server is unique, and have ensured MCDocs MCDocsChat compensates for this exact fact.
    • Full Permissions Support: MCDocs MCDocsChat now builds itself around the popular Pheonix Permissions plugin.
    • User Defined Commands: You define the command you wish your users to use. /rules for example.
    • Colours: Full colour support.
    • Variables Support: Such as Player's Name, IP, Group. Online players - Online Count - Online players from a specific group and more.
    • On-The-Fly Updates: If you decide to add extra commands, and modify any of your defined txt files, you do NOT need to restart the server! MCDocs MCDocsChat reads the files on each command, and shows the player live information!
    Known Issues:
    Using %name or any % thingy will give an error in the console, but work ingame​
    Disclaimer (open)

DISCLAIMER: I (captainawesome7) take absolutely no credit for *ANY* of this code. All I did was change the way colors worked (basically disabled it, but it works with iChat, thats bukkit's fault), deleted some extra functions (All MOTD related stuff, news, rules, reg) and changed player.sendMessage to player.Chat in TWO places. SO, ALMOST NONE OF THIS IS MINE! Where @Tazzernator most likely spent days on this, I spent about 30 minutes start to finish, including testing and other stuff, so this was a VERY easy task. On another note, I always wanted a plugin that used commands to chat specific things, and I thought "Why start from the ground up, when I can just use @Tazzernator 's awesome MCDocs and just change a few things to work the way I want it to? I am only releasing this because I thought it might be useful to others and I am NOT submitting it as a plugin or anything, I am letting @Tazzernator decide what to do with this, if anything!

Once again, I would like to thank @Tazzernator for this awesome plugin and for his AMAZINGLY clean organized code, with comments and everything. I take less than one half of a percent of credit for this, because I barely did anything. (See bottom of spoiler)​

*EDIT* Because @Tazzernator made an official MCDocsChat, you should go download his! Download it Here! His is better (lol) and official, so you should go download it.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    DeanDip likes this.
  8. Offline

DeanDip

So, that plugin makes commands that's called upon show the contents of the text file to everyone? If so, that's pretty handy.

9. Offline

captainawesome7

That is exactly what it does! With all the features of MCDocs (if you have iChat, or another chat that allows &1 usage in chat line)

Permissions is messed up tho so i have to fix that

Fixed permissions nodes are mcdocschat./commandname WITH THE /

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

DeanDip

Plugin works wonderfully.

11. Offline

captainawesome7

@DeanDip Nice! I felt like it was a missing plugin and with one so similar to it I just gave it a shot! (And it took 45 minutes total lol)

12. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Version: 7.1

• Added motd-enabled to the config.yml
      • true enables the motd (default).
      • false disables the motd.
    • To update:
      • Simply replace the old MCDocs.jar with the new one, restart.

http://forums.bukkit.org/posts/215002/

:)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Ben91

Thank you very much for this great plugin ! It rox !

A question, in your first picture, it's written "Recent news : blablabla".

Is it possible to add to your plugin something like a variable in the motd to show automaticaly the recents news ?

For exemple in the motd.txt :
    "Hello xyz
    Recent news : %recentnews"

And shows for exemple only the last line/date of news.txt.

It will be cool I think. (Or it exists and I missed something ???)

Thank you very much !!

++

PS: Pagination Header seems to not work on Build 677... No warning / error message. Just no header (tested with much more than 9 lines).

14. Offline

Tazzernator

Unfortunately that is a feature that doesn't exist at the moment, and is fairly unique. I'd advise to imply update both files when you make changes to the news.
    A variable is most likely expanding to 2 lines instead of one.

For example, %online may give you 2 lines of people, though MCDocs will only read it as one.

To test, when you use the command that makes the header disappear, hit the "t" or talk button, and you should see it a little higher up.

15. Offline

DMW

When I do the %online, it breaks up the names between two lines if they are too long at the end of the page. Is there a way I can get it to drop the name to the next line instead of breaking it up?

16. Offline

Ben91

Ok thanks.

Yes, if I hit the talk button, I see the header.

Cheers.

++

17. Offline

MJE

Love this mod, thanks for all the work on it!

I get an error when running the mod, it works fine and the correct files load but the log fills up with the following errors:

[INFO] [MCDocs] ERROR! One of the following is not found: %group %prefix %suffix for player user1

Thought it was a permissions error and went back to 2.6 and still the same. Using permission 2.7 now.

I removed all old MCDocs files and did a clean install with default MCDocs files and the same thing. Using bukkit build 677.

Thoughts? Thanks!

18. Offline

Niklas

When i write letters like æ, ø and å, i get a "ÿ" instead. Have i done something wrong?

19. Offline

Greylocke

sorry if this has been answered before. I searched back several pages. How do I get MCDocs to output an ampersand? It wants to treat it as a special non-printed character. I've tried &&, &&&, "&", '&', %&... I finally gave up. Gotta be something simple.

2nd, a suggestion -- page break really would be nice. I know it got mentioned before and it somehow triggered a word wrap rage, but it would be handy to be able to just type %break and have it stop the current page right there then start the next page on the next line. Just saying...:rolleyes:

20. Offline

Tazzernator

First point Not Possible

Second point, code is on git hub if you think you're keen.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...and-that-you-define-556.894/page-8#post-73169

21. Offline

Supersam654

Hey everyone, my server is hosted by Servercraft.co which only allows the uploading of jars, .ymls, and properties files into the root plugin folder of my server. How can I get around this to have customized help files for everyone. Basically, how do I upload a whole bunch of text files into a specific folder? I am also not sure if this should be asked here or on the Severcraft.co forums/support ticket. I just thought I would put it here because I can't be the first person to run into this problem with this plugin.

22. Offline

Tazzernator

Support ticket at Servercraft would be the solution.

Sorry.

23. Offline

RTRD

<3

Is it possible that you can add "%news" and that will take the first line of news.txt and add it in the motd? :)

EDIT: Sry for double post. ;)

Tazzernator likes this.
  24. Offline

Tazzernator

added to suggestions

25. Offline

RTRD

YAY! Woop woop! :D

Tazzernator likes this.
  26. Offline

Greylocke

Out of curiosity, I browsed thru the code. Regarding the 2nd point, I'd just add a simple parser to check for a keyword at the head of the line rather than blindly chopping at every 9th line. Don't even need to check within the line, just at the head. So instead of Pages=Size/9, Pages would end up being the number of loops that the logic took while it was looking for either lineCount=9 (full page condition) or (fixedLines.get(number))=BreakToken (found the page break keyword).

That basic loop will also get you to any page of the document, just by running the loop the proper number of times. Want to go to page x? lowNum =((end of Page(x-1))+1), and highNum=(end of Page(x))

meh. Whatever. You're the coder, not me. I like your plugin, I use your plugin. Just thought I'd make a suggestion. In the meantime, I'll just hit the enter key 3 or 4 times to make a new page. :)

27. Offline

Mentioum

Having a slight issue and I'm a little stumped as to why? It seems to be duplicating the names of all the people who are online when another person logs on... so on and so on. So the lists for online users have mutliples of the same user when another person logs on? Please Help or at least point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

This is my MOTD text file.

&bWelcome to the LPMC Server, %name!
    Your Group: &e %group
    Current Players Online: (%size/50)
    &9Admins Online&f: %online_admin
    &aModerators Online&f: %online_moderator
    &bBenefactors Online&f: %online_benefactor
    &fCitizens Online&f: %online_citizen

&cNews: &e/news
    &cRules: &e/rules
    &cRegistration: &e/registration

28. Offline

Tazzernator

DO you use group manager? It seems to be an issue with MCDocs and Group Manager. Please confirm.

At the moment, I have no solution as I have not tested.

29. Offline

Mentioum

no Yeti's permissions. Completely up to date. Could it be to do with inheritance? That is the first thing I thought... although... it effects groups with no inheritance so I dismissed that.

30. Offline

Tazzernator

Interesting. I've had no issues of the sought, although it has been reported before.

It must be to do with something in the permissions file.

You can use mine as a reference if you want:

Code:
    plugin:
      permissions: {system: default}
    groups:
      VIP:
        default: true
        info: {prefix: '&7', suffix: '&7', build: true}
        inheritance: null
        permissions: []
      Moderator:
        default: false
        info: {prefix: '&9', suffix: '&f', build: true}
        inheritance: [VIP]
        permissions: [mcdocschat.*, mcdcos.*]
      Admin:
        default: false
        info: {prefix: '&c', suffix: '&f', build: true}
        inheritance: [Moderator]
        permissions: ['*']
    users:
      Tazzernator: {group: Moderator, permissions: null}

31. Offline

snizzle

if i use the /news command to open the news from news.txt my 4 cores running on 100% ...
    only server restart helps -.-
    can anyone help me with that pls?!