Inactive [INFO] MapMarkers v0.3.4 [1.1R6]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TJ09, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Offline

TJ09

PURPOSE
    This plugin outputs a JSON file containing player locations for use with various Minecraft mapping software.

INSTALLATION
    1. Put MapMarkers.jar in your plugins folder
    2. Run your server once to generate a config file
    3. Edit plugins/MapMarkers/config.yml to your liking

SETUP FOR MINECRAFT OVERVIEWER (Courtesy of FlukiestEmperor)
    0. Perform installation (see above)
    1. Edit MapMarkers.yml so that markers.json is placed in the same folder as your Minecraft Overviewer output
    Alternatively don't edit MapMarkers.yml, make a symlink (Linux):
    ln -s path/to/minecraft/server/bin/world/markers.json path/to/minecraft/map/markers.json
    2. Put player.png, player.php, and player_markers.js where the overviewer index.html is. (Optionally web_assets in your overviewer source directory)
    If you don't want to use player skins as the markers (requires PHP, allow_url_fopen, and ideally write permissions by your PHP user), copy player_markers_noskin.js and rename it to player_markers.js
    3. Add a line to your source overviewer index.html that reads:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="player_markers.js"></script>
    4. Run overviewer and everything should work

SETUP FOR PIGMAP
    0. Perform installation (see above)
    1. Edit MapMarkers.yml so that markers.json is placed in the same folder as your Pigmap output
    Alternatively don't edit MapMarkers.yml, make a symlink (Linux):
    ln -s path/to/minecraft/server/bin/world/markers.json path/to/minecraft/map/markers.json
    2. Put player.png, player.php, and player_markers_old.js where the pigmap HTML is.
    If you don't want to use player skins as the markers (which requires PHP, allow_url_fopen, and ideally write permissions by your PHP user), copy player_markers_noskin_old.js and rename it to player_markers.js
    3. Add two lines to your source template.html that reads:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="player_markers.js"></script>
    4. Run pigmap and everything should work

CONFIGURATION
    plugins/MapMarkers/config.yml contains all settings

saveInterval (default 3000): How often to output the markers, in milliseconds
    outputFile (default world/markers.json): Where to place the output file
    dateFormat (default yyyyMMdd HH:mm:ss): How to format timestamps in the output JSON.
    writeSpawn (default false): Whether or not to place spawn markers (one for each world) in the output.

CHANGELOG
    0.3.4:
    • Fixed for new configuration and event handling (Now works in 1.1-R6 and 1.2-betawhatever)
    0.3.3:
    • Updated quit event signature (fixes the nag errors)
    • Updated player_markers.js for the latest version of Overviewer. Pigmap and old versions of Overviewer are in the _old suffix (unchanged from 0.3.2)
    • Readme file contains the right instructions pointing to the new config location.
    0.3.2:

• Properly included player_markers_noskin.js in the zip
    • Fixed a bug in player.php
    • Config file is now located in plugins/MapMarkers/config.yml. The plugin will automatically create the folder/file as necessary.
    • JSON output now includes world name instead of GUID.
    0.3.1:

• Removed the constructor for compatability with new versions of Bukkit.
    • Plugin now handles player teleport events.
    • Timer now uses the bukkit scheduling stuff instead of a separate thread.
    0.3:

• JSON output now has IDs indicating the marker type
    • Optional spawn markers (see config file)
    • JSON output includes world GUID
    • Player skins as can be used as icons
    FUTURE(Possible features)
    • Easy multiworld support.
    • Commands to add custom markers
    • Server weather and time
    • Player-controlled hiding of their position.
    • Zoom-to-player and track player
    DOWNLOAD

Most recent version available at:
    http://tj09.net/minecraft/MapMarkers/MapMarkers-0.3.4.zip (Direct Jar)
    Older versions can be downloaded from:
    http://tj09.net/minecraft/MapMarkers/

Mahagon, Phaedrus and DiddiZ like this.
  2. Offline

Casier

Thnaks for this plugin,
    But, how i can do to make multiworld with marker.js ?
    Does the plugins accept :
    Code:
    outputFile: {world}/markers.json

3. Offline

TJ09

The plugin outputs the world name in the json, so there's no need for per-world json. You just have to have the javascript ignore any points that aren't from the current world.

If you look at my player_markers.js (http://minecraft.technoized.com/player_markers.js):
    Code:
    for (i in data) {    
        var item = data[i];

//ignore anything not from the current world.
        if(item.world != overviewerConfig.world) continue;
    And in overviewerConfig.js (http://minecraft.technoized.com/overviewerConfig.js):
    Code:
    'world':            "world"

Revenger likes this.
  4. Offline

datLicht

seems not to work for me, added everything to the files and nothing happens. JSON File is in directory, data is written, but no markers shown up on map1 :(

Help please...

mc-overview.k9-kommando.de

seems that markers.json is not delivered by Server :(
    renamed it to markers.txt and it is possible to open it... What is to do?

It's an IIS problem with .json, got it to deliver the .json file, but still no Markers shown up :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  5. Offline

Revenger

For overviewerConfig.js on the template files is there a way to use a variable to get the world name than hard coded?

That way it can be more dynamic as we run the default way from a from the templates which update and overwrite each render.

6. Offline

fulafisken

Where did you get that? I would really like to have that on my server :)

7. Offline

Ahava

Can someone update this plugin to 1.2?

8. I have made a more or less updated version, read i rewrote it. It now also supports offline Players if they were online at one point while the Plugin was running (I save the locations to a file). But this needs an updated version of the overviewer script. I will make a project in Bukkit Dev when i ready and link it here.

Ahava and NeilJ like this.
  9. Offline

TJ09

Uploaded 0.3.4, the only change is that it works on 1.2 beta.

I heard something about Overviewer now supporting multiworld natively, so expect a possible update after I update my overviewer install.

10. Offline

eminence32

Hey TJ09, all,

I'm from the Overviewer development team (eminence on github, achin on IRC). You're right, Overviewer now does support multiworld natively! We want to support MapMarkers (and PlayerMarkers) natively, including integrated multiworld support. So your users won't need to mess with the javascript/html stuff, it should Just Work once they've installed your bukkit plugin (there's only be a small amount of configuring on the Overviewer side).

This is what I'm working on now, and hope to have finished in a day or so. Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

11. Offline

VG|Mole

Thank you VeryMuch for that update TJ09 :D

12. Offline

pironic

As of overviewer .9+ the included script will no longer work. I am from the overviewer dev team and we've successfully updated the script to add additional functionality and support for both this plugin and competing plugins.

In future we plan on including the required javascript functions directly in the core of our product. Until that time: your users will need to upgrade their scripts to the one hosted here: https://github.com/overviewer/Minecraft-Overviewer-Addons/tree/master/PlayerMarkers

Note: this is only required if they are running the anvil supported version of Overviewer 0.9 or higher.

13. Hi!
    I'd like to use this addon with pigmap on my mineos bukkit server, but i got the Overviewer not define js error in my browser..
    Any idea? (used the player_markers_noskin.js)
    Thanks in advance!

14. Offline

SupaYoshi

Is there by any change a way to use MapMarkers as a plugin to create a page with the currently online users? I am using MapMarkers, and not having to use another plugin to do just that would be great, is there a way I can like output the players in a page and with they're avatars? Thanks!

15. SupaYoshi You could just parse the JSON using JavaScript and put it anywhere you like.

I found a little bug with the current version of Overviewer. I had to edit the player_markers.js on line 31 which was
    Code:
    var converted = overviewer.util.fromWorldToLatLng(item.x, item.y, item.z);
    and should be
    Code:
    var converted = overviewer.util.fromWorldToLatLng(item.x, item.y, item.z, overviewer.mapView.options.currentTileSet);

16. Offline

SupaYoshi

yo! is it possible to hide players with /hide and /unhide ??? Really need that!