Inactive [INFO/ADMIN] LogBlock v1.54 - Enderdragon Logging! Tree Grow Logging! [1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DiddiZ, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

DiddiZ

Version: 1.50​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Find and Backroll those Damn Griefers
    LogBlock release are on DevBukkit:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/logblock/

LogBlock dev builds:
    http://ci.kitteh.org/job/LogBlock/

Please read the installation guide

I won't port LogBlock myself to mcAPI. Source code is available, so it shouldn't be to difficult for someone else to do it, also I'm still here. so I can answer questions. If there is more than one willing, that's up to you to handle that.

The reasons I take this step, are the usual: I quit playing Minecraft about 5 months ago and lastly I was struggling to keep up with updates. The developement of Guardian made slow progress, so I fear it won't be ready to fully replace LB in time.

Download latest dev build: Jenkins
    View the source code: GitHub
    Table of contents:
    1. Description
    2. Features
    3. Why to use LogBlock
    4. Example command
    5. Older versions
    6. Change log
    7. Todo list / feature requests
    8. Permission nodes
    9. Plugins supporting this
    10. Support the dev
    11. How to post error messages
    12. Advertizing
    Description:

LogBlock logs block changes into a MySQL database. Block changes can be placed or destroyed block, explosions, burned blocks, sign text changes, chest access, leaves decay etc.
    It can be used as griefer identification tool, to find out who build a particular building, or even roll back changes by certain players. Other purposes can be e.g: Undoing of forest fires
    All additional features are optional, to keep the database as short as possible. All database actions run in their own threads to avoid server lags.
    The use of permissions plugin (or any clone) is possible, but not necessary.
    Uses Spout for chest logging (but it's fully optional, and there is no need for the client mod at all).

Features:
    • Logging for block placing, block braking, fire, explosions, leaves decay, signtexts, lava flow and chest content
    • Very mighty commands system, not only allowing to rollback and redo, but also to tp to blockchanges, delete log ingame etc. Full list of commands.
    • Many parameters for lookup/rollback/redo/tp/clearlog commands: Block changes of one ore more player, in a specific area, in a world edit selection, specific block types only, block changes older or newer that a specific date, destroyed/created block only, in a different world and combinations of all these parameters. Full list of parameters.
    • Rebuilding map after importing a backup (/lb redo)
    • Last parameter to use the parameters of the last command
    • Quick ingame lookup of block history a wood pickaxe or a bedrock block.
    • All commands accessible from console (exept tools :D)
    • Custom queries for tools.
    • Different tool modes (lookup, rollback, redo, writelogfile and clearlog)
    • Saves block data like wool color, log type, torch adjustment, etc
    • Multiworld and multiserver support (some servers sharing the same database)
    • BigBrother log import
    • Loggable super pickaxe plugin (not to confuse with WorldEdit's super pickaxe)
    • API
    • Webstats
    Why to use LogBlock:

Example commands: (thanks to tha d0ctor, read more about commands here)

/lb rollback player fire since 1d3h – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours
    /lb rollback player fire since 1d3h area 15 – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours within a radius of 15 blocks

/lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1h - rolls back thad0ctor 1 hour
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1d area 5 – rolls back thad0ctor actions for the last day within 5 blocks
    /lb rollback area 10 since 1h30m - rolls back all modifications within 10 blocks since the list 1 hours and 30 mins
    /lb rollback area 10 before 06.11.2011 - roll back all changes in an area of 1o before June 11th, 2011
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 05:36:00 - roll back all changes of thad0ctor since 05:36 (server time)

Download, Command, Configuration and Details:
    [​IMG]http://diddiz.insane-architects.net/logblock.php

Changelog:
    -> Full changelog
    • LogBlock v1.50 # 81 (Dez. 13, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1
      • Feature: /lb me shows the total block count
      • Feature: Chest logging without spout
      • Feature: Enderdragon logging
      • Feature: Logging for tree and mushroom grow (thanks to MD5 for the api)
      • Fix: Area param works again with default radius
      • Fix: Rollbacks got slowed down a bit to avoid rare server crashes
      • Fix: If mysql username, password or database only consist of unquoted numbers, LB will read them now
      • Config: World configs changed totally, some names changed and all logging options are now in an own section
    • LogBlock v1.41 #63 (Nov. 15, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Fix: Players with spawnTools permission are no longer allowed to spawn all tools.
      • Fix: Added a check to avoid "The permission xy is already defined!" errors
    • LogBlock v1.40 #60 (Nov. 09, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Feature: Custom auto ClearLog
      • Feature: Reduced error spam. Instead of like 40 line of error code, there is now just a warning stating the MySQL con
      • Feature: The queue will now be dumped after 10 tries even when the MySQL server is connected
      • Feature: Custom material names, allows naming custom blocks
      • Feature: LogBlock will now respond to messages when started without MySQL connection
      • Fix: Log import runs now async
      • Fix: Log import errors won't crash the server
      • Fix: Console commands work again
      • Fix: You can now use upper case letter in tool names (I don't know why you even should, but ...)
      • Config: Added clearlog.auto, clearlog.enableAutoClearlog in main config. Added materials.yml. Removed clearlog.keepLogDays
      • Permissions: Added 'logblock.spawnTools'
    • LogBlock v1.32 (Oct. 04, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1240
      • Feature: Player info logging: firstLogin, lastLogin, onlinetime, ip. No ingame lookup yet.
      • Feature: /lb queuesize to see the current queue size
      • Fix: Door logging logs now also fence gates
      • Fix: Bukkit api break in CB #1191
      • Fix: time restriction works now as intended. Thanks to xrobau
      • Fix: Players with insufficient permissions can't smuggle bedrock from one world to another
      • Config: Added logPlayerInfo
    • LogBlock v1.30 (Sep. 22, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1185
      • Feature: Chat lookup /lb chat player diddiz search +admin +sucks +dicks (more info)
      • Feature: Door logging
      • Feature: Dynamic tools, define your own tools
      • Feature: Use since and before to define a timespan
      • Feature: Enderman logging
      • Feature: cake logging (who ate it)
      • Config: Added logEndermen, logCakes and logDoors to world config and moved the tool section in main config.
      • Permissions: logblock.tool changed to logblock.tools.tool and
        logblock.toolblock to logblock.tools.toolblock.
    Todo List:

https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/issues

Permission Nodes:
    https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/wiki/Permissions

Plugins supporting Logblock:
    List (open)

When you want to appear your plugin here, tell me about

Support the developer (that's me :D):
    If you want to support me writing plugins or want to thank me for the plugin/support, you can: Suggest features I missed, report bugs (best with fix :D), donate via PayPal, flattr my plugins, gift me The Witcher 2 (thanks to newyoukdaily), 2x 1GB DDR1 modules (thanks to HonestFlames), or send me the inner life of a laptop or netbook with a broken display (need it to build a model aircraft, so there is no need for parts like display and keyboard).

[​IMG]

How to post error messages:

I won't aswer questions to general MySQL setup/installation/what is MySQL (there are lots of good tutorials out there, use google)
    Please read the installation guide before asking a question about installation problems.
    Please read the FAQ before posting a error report. It may be solved there.
    In case of rollback or lookup problems: Type /lb savequeue and try again (when it's fixed then, it was a consumer problem, see FAQ)
    When you post error messages, it's important to paste the whole stack trace!

Advertizing:
    Newyorkdailys Plugin Support Buisness (open)
    Still can't get LogBlock working, or any other plugin? Are you getting errors in your console and cant figure out why? Newyorkdaily offers Basic/Advanced Plugin support.
    • General/Advanced troubleshooting: FREE!
    • Plugin Installations: 1-2 Plugins - FREE!
    • 3 or More Plugins - $2
    Click on the link below to connect to him now!
    http://wbe001.mibbit.com/?settings=7cb4fd3cdd72754df475fb92a0b65f6c&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=#CBPluginSupport

There is a LogBlock irc channel: #logblock at irc.esper.net.
    You can ask me on skype. My name is 'hawky.diddiz'.

2. Offline

Mercury

How can I rollback player from console?

3. Offline

DiddiZ

lb rb world "world" player diddiz since 9999d

Mercury likes this.
  4. Offline

Kainzo

Hmm

http://pastie.org/2367236

I had to revert from build 1.25 to 1.21 because spout was kicking some major issues - now im seeing this. Thoughts?

5. Offline

DiddiZ

Year, your mysql server went down.

The lastest version using contrib is v1.24.

6. Offline

Kainzo

The mysql was up and LWC / ico were running fine. That wasnt the case I do not believe

7. Offline

DiddiZ

Hm, broken pipe ... and no connection for more than 12 hours.
    Alredy restarted mysql server?

8. Offline

Kainzo

I restarted the server, it seemed to have fixed it for now

9. Offline

bob3695

1 question and 1 request.

Question: When you say moved to spout for chest logging...does that mean I just have to have the server side or will i need all users to have the client side too? If so that will cause major issues for my server...

Request: You give the ability to have creepers blowing things up logged as "Creeper" OR as the player who set off the creeper. Can you make it so it tells you that it was a creeper AND who set it off?

10. Offline

DiddiZ

Only server
    No, as it would result in two entries for one block break.

11. Offline

Musaddict

@DiddiZ Just thought I'd give you a heads up, but if LogBlock is installed, and Wamp is disabled, then your plugin clashes with Citizens somehow. I went to go trade with an NPC with Citizens, and all of the price data was removed. I re-enabled Wamp and the data was restored.

I know it's the plugin and not Wamp because when I remove LogBlock.jar and Wamp is disabled then Citizens has no problems. Maybe take a look? Although don't worry about it too much, cause if Wamp is disabled then why you you have LogBlock? :p

12. Offline

Noah Bigelow

can someone make a mac tut for this on youtube for me plz... thanks

13. Offline

yashua

Code:
    08-13 15:06:45 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3927:61:4394. Item in hand was: LADDER.
    08-13 15:06:46 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3927:60:4394. Item in hand was: LADDER.
    08-13 15:06:46 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3927:59:4394. Item in hand was: LADDER.
    08-13 15:06:48 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3927:62:4394. Item in hand was: LADDER.
    08-13 15:06:49 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3927:63:4394. Item in hand was: LADDER.
    08-13 15:07:02 Bukkit provided no block type for the block broken by MicroTechNews at world:3927:66:4394.
    08-13 15:08:48 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:61:4385. Item in hand was: STONE.
    08-13 15:08:53 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3929:60:4394. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:08:58 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3931:60:4394. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:09:01 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:60:4392. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:09:03 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:60:4390. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:09:05 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:60:4388. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:09:06 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:60:4386. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:09:07 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:60:4384. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:10:48 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3927:64:4394. Item in hand was: TRAP_DOOR.
    08-13 15:11:52 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3933:64:4385. Item in hand was: OBSIDIAN.
    08-13 15:12:59 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3928:65:4388. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:12:59 Bukkit provided no block type for the block placed by MicroTechNews at world:3929:65:4387. Item in hand was: TORCH.
    08-13 15:13:00 Bukkit provided no block type for the block broken by MicroTechNews at world:3928:65:4388.
    08-13 15:13:02 Bukkit provided no block type for the block broken by MicroTechNews at world:3929:65:4387.

:O ?WHY lol If anyone else is getting this please tell me for some strange reason none of the commands work after this.

14. Offline

DiddiZ

Year, without database LB won't work at all, so it not the gravest problem, bur anyway LB shouldn't affect other plugins.
    Everyone is getting these.
    In what way are commands failing?
    With an error -> post the error log
    Nothing happens at all -> LB is disabled, look at the log from server start why.

15. Offline

Jadedwolf

@DiddiZ
    Okay, so is this supposed to work this way? When a person using the toolblock bedrock, they put it in a chest, another user without the toolblock on takes it from the chest and is able to place it....
    How is this allowed?
    Using LB Version 1.25
    Using CB Well, it's above 1000, it's a custom build from dinnerbone.

16. Offline

DiddiZ

Hm, another way to cheat bedrock.
    Can try to cancel the chest event, but I think it would be better when you use another block instead of bedrock, maybe doublesteps.

17. Offline

Tathar

Why does LogBlock download the dev-snapshot version of Spout? It keeps throwing severe errors all the time.

18. Offline

DiddiZ

I loads the last recommended build. But only when there is no spout installed, so when you need a special version install that.
    Spout is needed for chest logging, when you don't want Spout to be auto downloaded, disable chestlogging for all worlds.

19. Offline

Tathar

I had to get version 1.0.1 to get the severe errors to stop. LogBlock should really download Spout from the proper location.

Actually, milkAdmin reported that the downloaded version was dev-SNAPSHOT in the plugin list.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  20. Offline

DiddiZ

As it comes from spout jenkins, dev-SNAPSHOT is of course the reported version. http://ci.getspout.org/job/Spout/Recommended/
    That's the only link that persists and hardcoding a specific version is never a good idea.

21. Offline

alfw

22. Offline

ksevelyar

Is LogBlockQuestioner.jar only for this? ._.

The hyphen in the name is normal for mysql tables? Are you sure?

23. Offline

Jadedwolf

Uhm there is like 5 ways thus far, people can give each other bedrock and place it at will.... Including just dropping it...
    I had to change the bedrock to a log.
    Also I know this is not bigbrother but you should take a look at how it handles the logblock item for players and the methods used to keep thus block from being put in chests, dropped, etc

24. Offline

DiddiZ

Paintings are entities and act different from blocks.
    Yes, that's the meaning of questioner :D
    Most people prefer underscores instead, as you don't have to put the table name in backticks, but in fact both works.
    Right, i can block dropping the tool.

I think doublesteps (43) would be way more convenient, as you don't want to place it normally and the effort from cheating isn't very large.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  25. Offline

Pixiio

Can somebody give me a screenshot of the usage with spout? Thnx!

26. Offline

DiddiZ

What do you mean?

Pixiio likes this.
  27. Offline

staniboy

does it works well with #1000? Only mysql right? no lite?

28. Offline

yashua

We figured it out we changed the tool from stick to arrow and the whole plugin stopped working so we put it back to stick. Sorry for bugging you :)

29. Offline

Pixiio

This plugin can do something with spout right? What can i do with spout?

30. Offline

DiddiZ

Yes and yes
    Need to test that
    Log chest accesses. Spout provides the chest events.

31. Offline

RustyDagger

@DiddiZ I have run into a problem some how related to Logblock causing an error preventing any 1 from joining the server.

I recently decided i would like to move upto Cb 1046 for the nocheat improvements how ever when running logblock with that version or higher (could be lower as well not tested them all) You get refused connection to the server as the logging in comes up...

its taken me a good 40 min to narrow it down to just logblock causing the problem if i remove it i can join install it i can't i have done nothing to logblock thats any diffent to how i run it on the CB 1000.

here is the error it is making when the player fails to join.

Code:
    [INFO] RustyDagger [/127.0.0.1:58097] logged in with entity id 219 at ([Noob] -152.50488688259796, 80.0, 87.23008823569155)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at java.io.DataOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.a(Packet51MapChunk.java:88)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:116)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:107)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.d(NetworkManager.java:263)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:107)
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-08-15 22:19:25 [INFO] RustyDagger lost connection: disconnect.genericReason
    2011-08-15 22:19:30