[INACTIVE][WEB/DEV/ADMN/INFO] PyBukkitWeb (alpha 0.1) a web interface for bukkit. [N/A]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by wallnuss, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

wallnuss

PyBukkitWeb
    PyBukkitWeb is a web interface for bukkit. It enables plugin developers to expose methods/informations via a common api and web developer to access these informations via a common api.
    It is currently not ready for usage but I want to get input from you, e.g. what you want and what you need. I'm also searching for developers, who would like to help. For more informations take a look at the wiki.
    SCM: GitHub
    Wiki: GitHub
    Extensions:
    Extension are Bukkit plugins that enrichens PyBukkitWeb with new features.
    • PyBukkitWebCore download WARNING ALPHA BUILD
    • PyBukkitWebAdmin (planned)
    • PyBukkitWebUser (planned)
    • PyBukkitWebPermissions (planned)
    • PyBukkitWebStats (planned)
    If you want to add own extensions go ahead its easy.
    Clients:
    Clients are libaries or programms that can access PyBukkitWeb
    If you have any wishes or ideas please let me know.

NotoriousPyro likes this.
  2. Offline

contex

I'm adding this to my google reader and will be following your process as you go :) Looking forward to it.

3. Offline

wallnuss

^^ good to hear any special features you want to see ?

4. Offline

Rocky

I think with the production of each update you should have a couple screenshots showing the progress and avaialability of what IS available at the time.

I for one nearly creamed my pants at this, to find that its barely ready.

5. Offline

wallnuss

^^ Ok I will give you a snapshot. Most stuff on the server side is done (except Extensions and so one, but Core is mostly ready). The server supports SSL (I will post a howto asa redmine is working ;-) ) and authentication. There is a python lib that should be fully functional (needs testing tough) and a PHP lib thats should also work but does not yet supports authentication. I'm curently working on a django page to show some basic server Informations stuff but I'm relativly new to django so that will need some time.
    After that I will start working on the stats and user plugin and after that the admin and permissions plugin is next.

6. Offline

Immanuel12

Mein Hostinganbieter erlaubt nur 5 Verbindungen auf einmal zum Server. Wenn ich Tectonicus nutze wird dann meine IP temporär gebannt weil mehre Bilddateien geladen werden.

Gibt es vielleicht eine Möglichkeit das irgendwie in einer PHP Datei anzuzeigen? Ich denke dann gäbe es auch kein Problem mit den Verbindungen ;)

Wenn die Bilddateinen eben nicht alle gleichzeitig geladen wird sondern so eine Art das nur 2 - 3 Bilder pro Sekunden geladen werden anstatt 10 - 20.

7. Offline

wallnuss

Altough I'm german it would be nice of you to talk in english in an international forum. The problem with only 5 connection at once isn't easy to solve the problem is the way dynamp and tectonicus are handling user request. What should be possible if you host the map data externally and only ask via PyBukkitWeb for informations like where the players currently are etc. pp. But that would require some mechanism on you side to regulary update the data by yourself e.g a cronjob and rsync would work good. Hope it helps.

8. Offline

BluePeppers

Epic! I've been writing one of these myself (In django aswell). May I help you instead ?

9. Offline

wallnuss

That would be great. I will contact you.

10. Offline

NotoriousPyro

Looks brilliant, I was looking for something like this to develop a php admin interface for Bukkit - but it looks like you guys have it covered :(.

Only wish my php was as good as yours :(.

11. Offline

wallnuss

^^ we need any help we can get atm. The problem now is that I'm really busy at real live(final exams are nearing), but we could need your help anyway

12. Offline

NotoriousPyro

The problem is, I'm not entirely sure how to interface to PyBukkitWeb using php... I've looked at master/php/PyBukkitWebCore/examples/PyBukkitWeb-example.php

But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me lol...

Here are a few examples of my coding though (I'll leave you to decide if it's good enough ;)):
    server.log parser:
    PHP:
    <?php

chdir
    ("..");
    require(
    "includes.php");

$log_file $server_folder."server.log";
    $log_line file($log_file);

if (!
    file_exists($log_file)) die("Error: Cannot find server.log, either it doesn't exist (yet) or the phpMCAdmin configuration is incorrect.");
    if (empty(
    $log_line)) die("Error: server.log is empty so nothing to report yet ;).");

$log_lines count($log_line);

echo 
    "<pre>\n";
    for (
    $i 0$i $log_maxlines 1$i++)
    {

$log_line[$log_lines] = preg_replace("/</""&lt;"$log_line[$log_lines]);

$log_line[$log_lines] = preg_replace("/>/""&gt;"$log_line[$log_lines]);
        echo 
    wordwrap($log_line[$log_lines--], 100"\n"true);
    }
    echo 
    "</pre>";

?>
    /proc/meminfo parser:
    PHP:
    <?php

$get_meminfo 
    file("/proc/meminfo");

foreach (
    $get_meminfo as $key => $value)
    {
        if (!
    preg_match("/^Mem/i"$get_meminfo[$key]))
        {
            unset(
    $get_meminfo[$key]);
        }
        else
        {

$get_meminfo[$key] = preg_replace("/[^\d]/"""$get_meminfo[$key]);
        }
    }
    $get_meminfo array_values($get_meminfo);

$mem_used $get_meminfo[0] - $get_meminfo[1];
    $mem_totalmb $get_meminfo[0] / 1024;
    $mem_usedmb $mem_used 1024;
    $mem_freemb $get_meminfo[1] / 1024;

$mem_totalmb round($mem_totalmb);
    $mem_usedmb round($mem_usedmb);
    $mem_freemb round($mem_freemb);

$mem_total $mem_totalmb." MB";
    $mem_used $mem_usedmb." MB";
    $mem_free $mem_freemb." MB";

?>
    This is two files of phpMCAdmin I had up on github but I've recently took it down since it wasn't anywhere near release quality.

If you think I'm good enough, I'll gladly help in any way I can :).

13. Offline

Kimax89

im kinda new at all this... but i do know some basic PHP, and i would love to help where i can...
    and as a user, i could quickly come up with some good ideas...

14. Offline

wallnuss

Ideas gimme ideas. challenge me ;-) No srsly any input is wanted and needed so explore the magic realms of fantasy and send me anything you might.come up with. I will see what is.posyibel and what not

15. Offline

NotoriousPyro

16. Seemss a cool plugins...
    Going to test this :D

17. Offline

wallnuss