[INACTIVE][WEB/ADMN] milkAdmin - Free Web Administrator Tool v0.0.55- Backups, Starting and Stopping

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Snowl, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Snowl

[​IMG]MilkAdmin [ALPHA]

Liked MilkAdmin? Well, good news!

It's out again: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...0-05-14-full-webserver-in-a-plugin-766.17249/

A free, open-source admin tool thats compatible with every OS.
    Designed to be simple, easy and functional.
    How to use? (open)

1. Download milkAdmin.zip
    2. Extract into the directory craftBukkit is in.
    3. Go into your web browser and go to http://<server ip address here>:64712
    4. Login (username is admin password is admin)
    5. Create a new administrative user (username CANNOT be admin)
    Done!

Restarting/Starting/Stopping/Restoring not working?!? (open)
    This requires the wrapper made by drdanick: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...view-full-remote-console-access-r10-a6-2.674/
    Use this server wrapper to launch your server and restarting will work.

Editing strings (open)
    Go into milkAdmin/strings.txt and edit the strings in there.
    Editing strings (open)

Current strings available to edit:
    • banned
    • giveitem
    • takeawayitem
    • port

Features currently implemented:
    • SHA-512 authentication
    • Restarting/Reloading/Killing server
    • Users online
    • Free/Total Memory
    • Server Version
    • Broadcasting messages.
    • Chat (type in the console, dont use /say)
    • Performing Server Commands (start commands with a /)
    • Backups
    • Starting and Stopping Server
    Features in next version:

• Finish off web interface (players)
    Features coded but not in interface yet (should be in in a version or two):

• Kicking User
    • Banning User/IP
    • Giving/Removing item from player
    • Getting and setting health of player
    • Changing display name of players
    • Teleport players to x, y, z/another player
    • Get IP: Port of player
    • Saving server
    • Editing/viewing inventory
    Features planned:

• Fixing up web interface
    • Adding in all the features
    • Plugins
    • Mobile Theme
    • Fixing of properties
    • milkAdmin Account Management
    • View of logs
    • Dynamic Signatures
    • Scheduling
    • multiWorld Backups
    Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why use MilkAdmin?

There are a lot of alternatives out there that seem to have more features.
    Well for a start, MilkAdmin is very easy to install and requires almost no technical knowledge whatsoever to install and run. Not to mention that the server uses only java so configuring a complex webserver is not required as most gamers that play minecraft are gamers and not professional server administrators.

A list of reasons why to use MilkAdmin;

-Very easy to install and use
    -Does not require technical server knowledge
    -Does not use an external webserver
    -Does not require configuration
    -It's free and open source, I like to be forked on github :p
    -It uses a relatively small amount of memory
    -It's cross platform (will work like a charm on Linux, OS X and Windows)

And I hope you enjoy my program we put time and effort into it, we appreciate your donations it encourages us and helps every step of the way!

Thanks to
    • drdanick
    • cayde Dixon
    • d3x
    • RandomSRVApps (for testing and more ;) )
    Changelog:

v0.0.55Alpha
    • Fixed major bug.
    v0.0.5Alpha

• Backups /Restoring
    • Fixes
    • Starting and stopping server
    • Edits to the Web Server
    • More
    v0.0.4Alpha

• Added console in server
    v0.0.3Alpha

• Fixed Firefox
    • Added save-all option
    • Fixed restarting server
    • Fixed RTK errors
    • Added focusing Broadcast Message clears the box
    v0.0.2Alpha

• Added port changing
    • Added customizable strings
    v0.0.1Alpha

• Initial commit. Nothing really special here.
    Source code available at https://github.com/Snowl/milkAdmin

Want to support me? Like this plugin? [​IMG]

2. Offline

sharkale

updated with dropbox

3. Offline

drdanick

In that case, there wasn't a problem. (phew!)
    Just one extra suggestion, though: try using sun/oracle's JRE, rather than OpenJDK.

4. Offline

Vimm

So I changed the port to a new one not forwarded through my router and I still experience the same problem.
    It really isn't such a big problem for me since the only time I will access milkAdmin is probably when I'm not at home. But it is very strange. Gah, can't get my mind off this.

5. Offline

Felirami

Wrong password again and again, I dont know what the fuck.

6. Offline

TheTallest

Sending you a private message

7. Offline

qwert1484

Anyone else having issues with CB build 612?

Edit:
    Using 617 now, same problems

Re:Edit:
    Is anyone even -using- 617? Any response would be /vastly/ appreciated.

8. Offline

TheTallest

Let me ask you a bit about your network setup. Are you Computers to hub to router to internet or are you computers to router to internet? I know these two look like I am asking the same thing but I need to know if you are connected via a hub or router to the other computer ?

9. Offline

Fantikerz

Could the next update change the login form input method from get to post? It's more secure as it's not passing the username and password through the URI... If you're unsure as to what I'm talking about, paste /server/login?username= into Firefox's awesomebar. Not good.

index.html, line 21
    HTML:
     <form name="input" action="/server/login" id="login" method="get">

10. Offline

ssechaud

00:58:14 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'Snowl' of 'milkBukkit' about the following: onPlayerJoin has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerJoinEvent)

11. Offline

TheTallest

I get the same so this is my official NNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG YAY I did many letters I r SMRT !!!!

12. Offline

sharkale

what CB? onPlayerJoin already set with PlayerJoinEvent. what version do you use?
    i havent errors with 617 or 627 or 635

13. Offline

TheTallest

I am on CB617

14. Offline

sharkale

you are using the 2.6-03.30 version of milkAdmin? in this version i use the PlayerJoinEvent for onPlayerJoin.

15. Offline

TheTallest

I am now. I missed that post like a dork. Sorry I now retract my NAG about the NAG so the NAG is no longer a NAG !!!! YAY It still does not give me a back-rub but oh well.

EDIT: I am not sure if anything can be done about this or not. On my plugins screen when I list my plugins I have a few that are double lining on me. Now I realize that you are pulling info from the plugin.yml inside the .jar files of the plugins but is there a way to make that area elastic depending on the info coming from the plugin.yml file?

EDIT2: Here is snapshot of my page and the arrows indicate what I am referring to

16. Offline

sharkale

search for
    HTML:
    .pluginversion{
        width:100px;
        display:inline-block;
    }
    in STYLE.CSS and change the width value
    HTML:
    .pluginversion{
        width:300px;
        display:inline-block;
    }

17. Offline

TheTallest

Thank you that did the trick.

@sharkale I am wondering by chance how hard would be to alphabetize sort the plugin list.?
    If there is simple code to be placed in could tell me where to put it. I do know some HTML but you are working above my head on this one so I need a little help.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  18. Offline

68x

19. Offline

sharkale

i dont know... but the authentication and data makes the plugin. so I think that is not compatible. not just a web.
    next:
    [​IMG]

20. Offline

Phinary

Please make it so that it logs the ips of players so on the banlist I can see each players last ip instead of seeing the ips and players seperatly. This would help a ton!

21. Offline

TheTallest

Thank you Sharkale. You never disappoint with your responses.

22. Offline

Vimm

Hiya, sorry for the late reply, I've been really swamped with school the last week.
    I use a router. I even bought a new router (due to other connection problems) and was hopeful that it would also solve my problems with milkAdmin. Sadly it did not. I still can't load the information on the milkadmin page. So I tried a replacement for milkAdmin but I keep coming back because of the interface and how easy it is to configure.

I've been trying to get it working again and I noticed this line in the settings.yml file:

# Debug info in console
    Debug: false

I don't know why I didn't think of it before, so I changed it to true.
    Then this error came up in the console when I tried to access the milkAdmin site:

[INFO] [milkAdmin] ERROR in print(): Broken pipe

Hope it helps in some way to solve this problem :)

I also have some questions to you sharkale.

I wonder if it is possible in the future to add a function so you can edit the permission file for Permissions plugin?
    I also wonder if you have any plans for a auto-backup feature?

23. Offline

sharkale

It's weird.
    You have the milkAdmin folder in the root of the server?
    what your os? what your java version?
    With respect to Permissions, maybe. I have to finish other changes.

24. Offline

Vimm

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    I've tested with OpenJDK also with the same result.

I'm running Ubuntu Server 10.10

And yes the milkadmin folder is in the root of the server folder.

25. Offline

TheTallest

I do not get it either. Since Vimm is local to the box he should be the one who is having no issues and the remote users having the issue. I have run into other issues where local loop issues come up but not to this extent.
    I am working my brain on this one.

Vimm I am wondering are you connecting to the other box via IP or an Address? What security software do you have running on your main box ? What Router did you replace the old one with ? Are you running a firewall on the Unbuntu box ( Iptables or other variant ) ? I am going to download Unbuntu 10.10 and install on a box I have sitting and see if I can replicate the results. It is going to take me a bit to get it downloaded and installed but I will be back to you. I hope this gets solved before I get my testing done if not I WANT TO SOLVE THIS. It is kind of driving me crazy....

26. Offline

Vimm

Hiya, thank you for the effort you're putting into this, I really appreciate it!

I've tried to connect to the server both via IP and Adress. On my computer I use Nod32 with windows firewall. I don't go to fishy sites so I tend to avoid memory hungry firewalls.

I replaced my dying Netgear router with a Cisco Linkys WRT54GL running Tomato Firmware. But the thing is that I could connect to milkAdmin with my old router before all this started to occur, so the replacement of my router was because of other issues.

No firewall on the Ubuntu Box as far as I know. I have even disabled Apparmor. The only security feature is ClamAV but that's an antivirus software.

I've tried to connect to milkAdmin through my laptop on my home network also and failed to do so. But when I connected to milkAdmin with my laptop from school I could do so. So I do NOT think it's a computer issue. It must be something else :S

Truly mind baffling.

EDIT:

Jesus christ... I just got this idea "I'm going to remove ClamAV from my system and see if it changes everything". And guess what? It did. I can now connect to milkAdmin. Wow I feel so silly. Geez... *hides*

gamingvortex likes this.
  27. Offline

TheTallest

but but but but but. Okay you solved dang I wanted to fly in with my Captain Fixit cape all flowing in the wind and everything. I am glad you found the issue but that still leaves with me scratching my head wondering why ClamAV was causing this. Did you have Clam installed on your NIX box ?

28. Offline

Vimm

That would've been a remarkable sight! And yes I had clam installed on the ubuntu server!

29. Offline

TheTallest

Wow that kind of makes no sense unless CLamAV has a port scanner which some of them do. That is weird I have had AV software mess with me before on a remote connection but never a Local Connection they normally consider localloop safe. Hmm Maybe there is a DOS built into the new ClamAV that was seeing enough traffic that is choked that connection but I cannot see it being that either since your MineCraft had no issues what so ever.... Well I am still in the process of installing Unbuntu and I am going to install CLamAV with a MC server and MilkAdmin to see if I can replicate the issue.

30. Offline

ssechaud

12:49:16 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'Snowl' of 'milkBukkit' about the following: onPlayerJoin has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerJoinEvent)

31. Offline

TheTallest