[INACTIVE][TP] QuickPort 0.1.2 for Bukkit [141] (Download link is fixed)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by 4am, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

4am

QuickPort
    Version: v0.1.2​
    [ UPDATED 01/27/2010 12:01AM EST - ORANGE ]

NOTE: THIS IS NOT YET COMPATIBLE WITH MULTIWORLD SUPPORT. If I didn't work a 9-5 job, this would be updated already. Sit tight, I haven't forgotten you all!
    QuickPort for Bukkit is a port of chrisinajar's invaluable QuickPort plugin for hMod. At least, it's the start of a port of QuickPort for hMod, anyway! To teleport, just hold a compass in your hand and left-click where you want to go. It's that simple.

Make sure you provide permissions in the Permission Plugin's (now required) config.yml. To give access to QuickPort, you want to provide the following node to users/groups:
    Code:
    #Provides access to the basic QuickPort action:
    fouram.quickport.normal
    I don't have a timeframe for the next release, other than "as soon as I can, which might not be quick depending on many factors". I'm sorry, I wish I could promise more. At least it's started, right?

Features:
    • Click-to-teleport made easy.
    • Protection from spawning inside blocks.
    • Permissions Plugin support.
    Planned Features:
    • Tunnel mode (switch with right-click - need to resolve a WorldEdit conflict)
    • Enhancement of Normal mode which prevents jumping up through floors into enclosures (You'll go to the roof instead). This way you can give users the power to teleport without their being able to access enclosures without permission.
    • Teleporting other users using your compass. Special commands will be provides to enable this mode.
    • Anything else I (or you?) might think of.
    Download QuickPort 0.1.2 / Source Code

Should be wget friendly from DropBox - only use it if you have to until I get better hosting for it.

Changelog:
    Version 0.1.2
    • Added Permissions Plugin support.
    • Players now stay facing the same way when they teleport
    • Laid some groundwork for Tunnel Mode and other modes
    • Added a release color code to this thread - if the color of the "updated" line has changed from the last time you looked, it's a new update.:)
    Version 0.0.1
    • First release - basic compass-click teleporting

ahmetm likes this.
  2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Hello. Might want to add Nijk's Permission plugin support to this :)

3. Offline

Selbram

Nice @4am :) Been waiting for this one. Installed on my server now.

Sel

4am likes this.
  4. Offline

Kainzo

I hate the teleport other users feature - right click should toggle through Tunnel mode or Normal mode - I've yet to install this - can it to be adjusted to be this way?

5. Offline

Selbram

Umm, maybe trying it before complaining about it would be more helpful. And you have source... meh.

6. Offline

Kainzo

I'm going off the hmod plugin - it originally had the teleport other feature on the right click - I don't believe anyone liked it in practice, it was great on paper. After using it for several months - it turned into having the two features on right click - Tunnel / Normal - and stayed that way until hmod died.

If you're porting a plugin - you should port the latest - in either case, I do appreciate the work you've been in - and didnt mean to come off brash.

7. Offline

4am

I've never used this feature in the hMod version - by the time I had a server running it was already disabled. I was planning to add this back in as a /command, because it's probably not used that often but I can see it being desirable to have (the ability to "place" users instead of tp'ing them to you could be quite handy). Right-click will be for mode switches, I wouldn't have it any other way (well, maybe it'll be configurable if people really want).

Also, just to be clear, this is less of a port and more of a "guided re-write" - my code does pretty much the same as the original but I'm not making changes to the original code, it's been started from scratch.

It's also the first Java I've ever written (although I have plenty of experience in other languages, including C/C++, so don't worry, I'm pretty confident I won't cause any server meltdowns) so go easy on me ;). And of course, please feel free to report any issues here or on github (or push your own changes!). Thanks!
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 10:23 PM ---
    My first plugin installed on the first server I played on? It's an honour, Sir!:)

8. Offline

Selbram

9. Offline

4am

Planned. Perhaps later tonight or this weekend (depends on how complex it is, I've yet to take a crack at it), keep an eye out.

10. Offline

Selbram

Woot! I managed to crash the server on a right click. I will see if I can find an error report for you.

http://pastebin.com/YGZiaSPA <- error log

Also, when teleporting it appears when you are arrive you are always facing a certain direction. Can you fix it so you face the same direction you were in before you teleported?

11. Offline

4am

Those errors appear to be from WorldEdit and not from QuickPort. Not to say that QuickPort didn't have a hand in it, though. What where you doing when this happened? Are you able to recreate it?

Also, I will see if I can fix the directional facing. There isn't really anything about that in the original, perhaps the Bukkit teleport routines need a patch.

UPDATE:

As it turns out, WorldEdit implements compass teleporting via right-click. Since I'm only left-click enabled at this point, @sk89q should look at this error log.

As for this project, I'm going to see if I can get it to work with WorldEdit but it may no longer be necessary.

12. Offline

Selbram

hehe, let me poke around and see what I can find out for you
    EDIT: So yeah sk89q did add compass teleport into worledit. If you left click you teleport, right click changs which command it uses.

13. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Good luck! Full support from me!

4am likes this.
  14. Offline

4am

UPDATE BUMP!

This is version 0.1.2 which adds Permissions support. More to come soon!
    --- merged: Jan 27, 2011 5:17 AM ---
    I must not be up on the latest WE. Right-click teleports me in WorldEdit. So it's possible they're both attempting to do the teleport and either my code or (it looks like) WE is getting position data that doesn't make sense. I'll do some more bug hunting this weekend, I'd like to let the admins choose to have one or the other override. I wonder if this is yet possible...

So hard to keep up with all the plugin changes! Maybe before we go much further we should get Fill up and running [​IMG]

15. Offline

Planitia

AccessDeniedAccess DeniedF39F451194A332D9OoKqY8UnoWpIICROmFFleo8r4MdhxSJ/FPyV7bYbPaCryl6aPQQcVcx4/fawjwi1

The download link is down. Can you use a normal host please?

16. Offline

4am

I'm not sure what makes GitHub not a "normal" host, seeing as a good amount of other plugins come from it. Anyone else get this error?

17. yes

18. Offline

fffizzz

yes, im getting that error too..
    AccessDeniedAccess Denied99F9E58B47F0D6A2KzhcHXryBNIoQRVQwy3I+eIf2ORzm6tx+3sUeqIQpsi3NELPkSWFhA4w6qsuT4GP

19. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Your download link is no good.

20. Offline

Planitia

Yes, alot of plugins come from github. alot of those plugins can't be downloaded due to github being crap :D

21. Offline

fffizzz

its a pain in my ass to add --no-check-certificate to my wget commands :p

22. Offline

Planitia

Anyone running world edit doesn't need this. World edit has this feature exactly the same as before + working tunnel port.

23. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Nope, why type when I can click.

24. Offline

wedsxcrfv

You should try uploading the jar to github again, the current link is fuxed up

25. Offline

4am

Yes, I didn't know that until I started working on this. I've decided to maintain it anyway - sometimes people don't run WorldEdit, or keep it enabled when they're not using it. I want to have other features that WorldEdit doesn't support as well, such as the click-to-teleport other players feature, etc. I'm looking into detecting WorldEdit being loaded and disabling the features which WorldEdit makes redundant.

I'm also going to make a case to the Bukkit team for a system for resolving functionality conflicts like this - although admittedly I have no idea how something like that would be implemented without coding your plugin against every other known plugin with similar features. Perhaps this is could be as simple as an ALLOW/DENY for the Permissions system? Such as:
    Code:
    user:
      allow:
          - 'worldedit.*'
          - 'fouram.quickport.*'
      deny:
          - 'worldedit.compassTeleport.*'
    would use all of WorldEdit and QuickPort except the WorldEdit compass teleport features. More on this later, I'm at work, gotta go [​IMG]

26. Offline

Planitia

Type? I just help the compass and clicked away. It works EXACTLY like it did before with quickport for me

27. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Interesting, the other day I still had to type to warp :p

28. Offline

4am

The latest worldedit has it. Earlier versions had right-click to teleport (which is nice, no smacking blocks) but it was apparently undocumented.

29. Offline

Planitia

I prefer left click porting.

30. TelePlus also has right-click port functionality but I prefer Quickport - if it were to have the same functionality as in hMod which, as far as I can tell from the planned features list, it will.