[INACTIVE][TP] AncientGates v1.0.2 - Easily create portals with custom design [733]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Olof Larsson, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Olof Larsson

Take a look at this plugin instead: Creative Gates [cake]
    AncientGates - Easily create portals with custom design
    Version: 1.0.2

With this plugin the server operators (OPs) can create gates that will teleport anyone who enter to a location specific to that gate. The hightlights are: It is so darn easy to use! [​IMG] and The gates can look any way you like \0/

Try the ingame command: /gate

Download: AncientGates
    Userguide: mcteam.org

Thought first you should take a look at the demonstration I and karibu6 created:

Commands
    • /gate help,h,? *[page] Display a help page
    • /gate create,new [id] Create a gate
    • /gate delete,del,remove [id] Delete a gate
    • /gate setfrom [id] Set “from” to your location.
    • /gate setto [id] Set “to” to your location.
    • /gate open [id] Open that gate
    • /gate close [id] Close that gate
    • /gate list,ls Display a list of the gates
    FAQ
    Why the name AncientGates?
    Because the purpose of this plugin that I envision is that players should not be able to create gates to other worlds themselves. The server operators build gates with cool ruins around them and in order to get to another world the players need to find one of those ruins.

Who can create a gate?
    Only server operators! Not normal players. There is no suport for any permissions plugin.

Who can destroy a gate?
    Anyone if you do not use a third-party protection plugin like Factions.

Are there IConnomy integration, Features for user to dial other gates etc?
    Nope. This plugin is very minimalistic and plain. Server operators manage the portals players use them any time they are open.

Installing
    1. Download the latest release: https://github.com/oloflarsson/minecraft-ancient-gates/downloads
    2. Put AncientGates.jar in the plugins folder.
    ToDo
    • Add a create world command.
    Changelog
    Version 1.0.2
    • Fix seldomly occuring error on teleportation.
    Version 1.0.1
    • Fixed compatibility with half blocks.

2. Offline

riuthamus

Can you add permissions to restrict who can and cant use a gate. Also add support for BOSEcon, so we can remove currency when they tp through?

3. Offline

Tommy Marcus

Ok may be a stupid question...but when I download this file, there are no .jar files. There are a bunch of .class files and a few .yml's in there too. Any idea what to do? I am also using servercraft to run my server.

4. Offline

SoulPandemonium

Are you sure you aren't opening the Jar itself using Winrar? Check the file extension. To check it, right click the file and click Properties. Check the file type to see if its .jar.

5. Offline

Garninc580

Can you please update this to 740? I used in my older servers and i loved it but i updated my bukkit and now i cant use this. Thank you

6. Offline

SoulPandemonium

@Garninc580 - Hmm... Is there any errors or anything? Cuz I'm using this plugin using 740 and it is running fine.

7. Offline

Del43

Works fine for me with 740 and 766. So probably something else causes it not to work.

@Olof Larsson Can you fix the portal placement for gates that are size 1x2? It looks weird.

8. Offline

Maxis010

It can't be fixed by anyone except for Mojang, the portal block doesn't have a "facethisway" value built in to it, it just tries to find a solid frame to fill or self destructs

9. Offline

Del43

Ah, okay. Thanks. Too bad he won't fix it. :p

10. Offline

Maxis010

I think because the portal block is only suppose to appear in 3 x 2 frames he doesn't see a need to fix what isn't broken lol

11. Offline

Garninc580

ok thank you

12. Offline

Del43

Yeah, that's what I meant by "too bad he won't fix it.". There is nothing broken from his point of view. :p

13. Offline

winedoze

aaaaaaaaaaaargh stop saying.. UHM!!! :D thats realy funny :D

14. Exactly what I was looking for, thank you for this ;D

15. Offline

Meteo

.... i wish this had permission support, this is bull without permission... with permission its boss....

16. Offline

Near111

Hi,
    First of all, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.
    I got a problem with the Nether plug-in, when I enter a gate, it teleport me in the nether, but the set to position wasn't here, it's really boring because I can't use that awesome mod. Thanks for reply.

17. Offline

Maxis010

I'm assuming you use Multiverse, try turning off splike as I found that MultiVerse seems to take over when portal blocks are introduced, this fixed my problem, not sure if it will fix yours

18. Offline

deffol21

19. Offline

telmo

with 766 Nether becomes just a regular world this plugin enabled. Disabling the plugin fixes the issue.

20. Offline

Maxis010

Rename multiverse.jar to aaamultiverse.jar
    There is a problem with some multiworld plugins loading before MV which can cause errors, by renaming the MV jar file it forces MV to load first and removes any problems such as this one

This is NOT a 766 specific issue, it's been around since pre-600 (which is when I started managing a Bukkit MC server)

21. Offline

ThePilotGuy

Does this have multi world support?

22. Offline

Maxis010

So long as you rename multiverse.jar to aaamultiverse.jar then yes, ancient gates will work with multiverse no problem

23. Offline

Apophis3d

Well it seems I found what looks like a big problem. I run simple server instead of the default minecraft server. The simple server does not have an operator group... so there seems to be no way for me to set myself to work the mod. Why can't this mod just recognize my group is owner and say yes you can make a gate?

24. Offline

Maxis010

This doesn't run in Simple server OR the default minecraft server, it runs in Bukkit, just like the rest of the plugins on the Bukkit website run in Bukkit

25. Offline

Ross Gosling

Can you add a command such as '/gate [id] sound [disable/enable]' because the nether portal sound isnt that good in a room i use as a heavenly spawn room

26. Offline

Maxis010

Can't be done on the Bukkit end, the client creates those sounds so you would need a client mod to disable the sound

27. Offline

Ross Gosling

oh great cause it sorta disrupts everything due to a lovely town with evil noises =P

28. Offline

Ketrel

Can I make a feature suggestion that would help me (and probably others) reduce the complexity of gates needed.

A command like /gate target <name>
    and addition of
    /gate set <gate> to <target>

Where <target> is a named location? That way whenever I create a new gate, I can link it to a centralized gateroom pretty easily. Plus, I can easily target other gates around my world to point places by names.

29. Offline

Ben_R

I know I'm going to seem like such a newbie here, but for some reason, when I extract the .zip file on my Mac, I only get the AncientGates folder for the Plugin; I do not get the jar file. I really like this plugin, but I can't use it. Any way I can fix this?

30. Offline

phaed

[​IMG]

Bug: Check out the peak portal block. It is perpendicular to the rest.

31. Offline

Maxis010

This is not an ancient gates bug, portal blocks will default to a specific direction, if it has other blocks next to it it will turn around to match them but otherwise can't be fixed