[INACTIVE][SEC/FUN] Factions v1.1.7 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [733]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Olof Larsson, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Olof Larsson

Factions - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief :)
    By Olof Larsson and Brettflan.

Current version: 1.1.7
    Download: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Factions/tree/master/releases
    Source: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Factions
    Read the full userguide here: http://mcteam.org/plugins/factions

This plugin will allow the players on the server to create factions/guilds. The factions can claim territory that will be protected from non-members. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Land may be taken from other factions through war.

The goals of this plugin:
    • The players should be able to take care of anti-griefing themselves.
    • Inspire politics and intrigues on your server.
    • Guilding and team spirit! :)
    Fork me on github!
    I would be glad to code on this plugin together with you :). Please fork me on github and do a pull request. Read more here:
    http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
    http://help.github.com/pull-requests/

There will be cake if you join me in the coding [cake] :)

Usage
    Read the full userguide here: http://mcteam.org/factions <-[cake]

The chat console command is:
    • /f
    This command has subcommands like:
    • /f create my faction name
    • /f invite my friends name
    • /f claim
    • /f map
    • ... etc
    You may also read the documentation ingame as the plugin ships with an ingame help manual. Read the help pages like this:
    • /f help 1
    • /f help 2
    • /f help 1
    Note that you may optionally skip the slash and just write
    • f
    Installing
    1. Download: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Factions/tree/master/releases
    2. Put Factions.jar in your plugins folder
    If you have Permissions installed you will need to configure it. Read more here.

Current ToDo list:
    1. More admin controll, for example reassign faction admins.
    2. Command to reload config file.
    3. Give factions a limited number of separate territories. "You may only claim at the border of your territory". Purpose of this is to stop players from claiming land in a scattered way. Factions will be more stationary. This will encourage factions to build one main town.
    Changelog:
    Version 1.1.7

• Package structure changed to move it out of com.bukkit.* namespace (Olof Larsson)
    • Removed Help plugin support as that plugin is not updated. (Olof Larsson)
    • Changed name for No Faction to Wilderness (Olof Larsson)
    • New unclaimall command (/f unclaimall) to unclaim all of the faction's land (Olof Larsson)
    • Safezone claiming command now has optional radius input (/f safe [radius]) to claim a larger safezone area at a time (Olof Larsson)
    • Added check to make sure chatTagInsertIndex is valid before using it, to prevent triggering an exception (Brettflan)
    • Players who aren't currently in a faction should no longer get "Person left your faction" messages when others join a faction (Brettflan)
    • Attempt at simple workaround for error related to NPCs from Citizens plugin (Brettflan)
    • Placement and removal of paintings is now prevented if you're in another faction's territory (Brettflan)
    • /f map has been updated to fit inside the new Bukkit line-width limits (39 tiles wide instead of 49) (Brettflan)
    EDIT: by the way, you do need to have build 726 or newer of CraftBukkit (RB 733, for instance) since the painting events were added then.
    More changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Version 1.1.5 (By Brettflan)
    • Fix for left-clicking on wooden doors not being detected
    • Fix for null faction home location when loading factions data
    • Added "factions.adminBypass" permission which will allow players with that permission to bypass the building/destruction and usage limitations inside faction territory
    • New boolean config options territoryBlockTNT (default false), safeZoneDenyBuild (default true), safeZoneDenyUseage (default true), safeZoneBlockTNT (default true).

Version 1.1.3 (By Brettflan)
    • updated to work with RB 600/602
    • handled a couple of potential NPEs, one caused when saving faction info, and one where it could try sending messages to a player who is offline or otherwise doesn't currently exist for whatever reason
    • fix/workaround for bucket usage not always being detected if 2-3 blocks away
    • faction-tagged chat messages sent to the console and log now have crufty color tags (like "§f" and such) stripped out
    Version 1.1.2
    • bugfix - admins could not place signs etc in safezones (Olof Larsson)
    • Added some missing instaDestroyItems (painting and flowers) (Olof Larsson)
    • Added ability to load old pre-1.1 data files (board, factions, followers) if they exist and new files don't (Brettflan)
    Version 1.1 (by Olof Larsson)
    To upgrade: Remove you Factions folder
    I'm sorry about that. There just are so many changes to the save files.
    • Permissions plugin support
    • Help plugin support
    • Faction homes
    • Better save file format
    • Inactive players are kicked from their faction
    • SafeZones - PVP and monster safe areas
    Version 1.0 beta7 (by Brettflan)
    • Fix for enemy attacks potentially healing people in their own territory due to armor calculations, instead of correctly just giving reduced damage.
    • Placement/use of these items inside another faction's territory is now prevented: redstone wire, sign, flint&steel, bucket (empty, water, and lava).
      Code is also in place to prevent placement of beds and repeaters, but CraftBukkit doesn't properly detect those yet.
    • Fix for destruction of certain blocks not previously being detected and prevented: torch, redstone torch, repeater, redstone wire, sapling, crops, sugar cane.
    • Minor spelling and grammar fixes
    • Added options "territoryBlockCreepers" and "territoryBlockFireballs" to configuration file (conf.json). These both default to disabled. If enabled, they will respectively prevent creepers or ghast fireballs from destroying blocks if they explode inside faction owned territory. These can prevent griefing by way of luring creepers into another faction's territory.
      Note that both explosion types will still hurt nearby players and mobs, they just won't destroy blocks.
      Also note that "territoryBlockFireballs" only works in CB build 557 and higher, where fireball detection was added.
    Version 1.0 beta6
    To upgrade:
    Factions now use world name instead of world id for the board files.
    Nothing will be claimed when you start the server. Change the board file name(s)
    from something like 234978619762348768.json to something like world.json.
    • Updated to work with Craftbukkit 493 (by Brettflan)
    • Paginated faction listing (by Brettflan)
    • Single jar install (by Brettflan)
    • Board files now use world name instead of world id (by Olof Larsson)
    Version 1.0 beta5
    • Updated to work with Craftbukkit 450, which means Minecraft 1.3 compatibility :)
    • For now messages like these are removed: "Playername tried to use Wooden door in your territory". They could be used for chat spamming.
    Version 1.0 beta4
    To upgrade: Start and stop the server once with the new jar. Paste the content from board.json into the newly created file in /plugins/Faction/boards/. After this you can delete board.json.
    • MultiWorld support.
    • Faction chat is now something you turn on and of.
    • Arrows are now included in the friendly fire filter.
    • Some stability fixes.
    Version 1.0 beta3
    To upgrade: Delete conf.json and rename the "name" field to "tag" in every faction.json file.
    • Greatly improved chat and messaging system! :D
      Cooperates well with other plugins. Tested with Essentials and iChat so far.
    • New faction chat command
    • More config options
    • Bugfix: You can now claim land from enemies :p
    • ... and a lot of other fixes
    Version 1.0 beta2
    • There is now a config file where you may alter chat colors, dynamics of war etc.
      I will add documentation on the config soon...
    • Made the color formating a bit more understandable.
    • There is now a broadcast when a new faction is created.
    Version 1.0 beta1
    • The first release

2. Offline

Lookatmego

go to your config file and put it as false or disable i disabled it but do it when server is turned off!​

01:33:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to Factions
    java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = '?'
    at java.util.Formatter.checkText(Formatter.java:2503)
    at java.util.Formatter.parse(Formatter.java:2485)
    at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2414)
    at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2367)
    at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2769)
    at org.mcteam.factions.listeners.FactionsPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(FactionsPlayerListener.java:87)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:236)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:654)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:642)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

what is that error??SOOO many of my players cant talk in chat....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  3. Offline

Jotschie

Is there a way to seperate the factions.manageSafeZone permission into something like factions.claimSafeZone and factions.buildSafeZone?
    Because I want my players to be able to build in the safe zone, but i don't want them to be able to claim the safe zone.

Or are there any other suggestions how I could manage that?

4. Offline

leslieliang

I don't see it on my config file.

Also, why can't I attack others in their territory? The shield factor is set to .5

5. Offline

Deathfromace

I know in the config folder you can change "safeZoneDenyBuild": true".

Not sure if that will alter claim as well but worth trying.

Also anyone know how I can unclaim all safe zone on my server..there is no command for it.

Edit: This is on the config file as well ""homesEnabled": true,
    "homesTeleportToOnDeath": true"

I believe the shield factor is the 50% reduced damage to players while they are on their own land.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Undectectable

Can i turn off the protection for faction lands and can other players enter other factions lands?

7. Offline

Frvwfr3

There still needs to be a Faction Admin option. And admins can access anything inside of a faction. It is dumb to not have your admins able to check chests at will. I have requested this like 2 months ago. Not getting impatient, its just this is the only reason I use Towny over Factions. I would love to see it implemented.

8. Offline

Kerpawr

How do I edit the configs for this plug-in? Every time I've changed the .json files, they just revert back to their defaults. I'm trying to edit this value in conf.json
    "territoryProtectedMaterials": ["WOODEN_DOOR","DISPENSER","FURNACE","CHEST"]

Every time I change/delete any of the items, it just reverts back. Help!!!!

EDIT: I was finally able to get the changes to stick editing the conf.json with Notepad2, but the changes wont take affect. I deleted the entire string posted above, but I still cannot get into other factions chests, dispensers, furnaces, or wooden doors.

9. Offline

Deathfromace

You can do /f bypass to have access to all that.

10. Offline

Frvwfr3

I mean a general permission node. I dont want to have to type that in every time I want to open a chest or a door. Thats just stupid and tedious as hell. In my super epic coding skills (/sarcasm) I wouldnt think it too hard to do... Also it needs a iConomy option.. Cost to make a faction etc... :/

Just my opinion..

11. Offline

Kendro

How do you change the color of the Factions?

The Faction Name is Green and i want it to be a diffrent color how do i change

12. Offline

Deathfromace

Simply type it once when you log-on...nothing tedious about it.

So far all of this can be done in config.json guys....come on

As for color name its the very start of the config file.
    "colorMember": "GREEN"

13. Offline

Seven50six6

This work with bukkit 740?

14. Offline

cpalms

This plugin should be set up to work like Towny. Except work with BOSEconomy instead.

Works on 740 build, using it on my server.

15. Offline

starcitsura

Experienced a weird bug, some how all our territories were converted to save zones... every single one... I'll scan the logs to see if I can find a error.

16. Offline

rakiru

Amazing plugin. Makes survival more fun. One suggestion I'd like to make though is the option of disallowing /f home to be used while in enemy territory. A lot of players teleport home just before you kill them and it's damn annoying.

17. Offline

Moronmaster

Alright, i got a suggestion. We are running this on a survival server, but there is one feature we really miss: being able to take prisoners/hostages. It would be really easy to threaten people into the prison, but after that they could just teleport out with /f home.

So my idea was to add a command-blocker, that, when in a certain "Jail" area (which will be claimed like usual land) certain commands will be turned off, Factions or non-Factions. These commands would be configured in a list found in a .yml file.

Thanks for reading this, and i hope you take these ideas into consideration.

--EDIT--
    Oh lawd, right after posting i read rakiru's suggestion. Well, he is one of the guys who procrastinated the idea with me, so it's understandable ^^

18. Offline

VirtualGun

Really nice plugin! I've already downloaded and used it for some time. But now i have a question: How do i delete safe zones?

19. Offline

Deathfromace

to delete a safe zone go on it and do /f unclaim but sadly there seems to be no way to delete all safe zones in mass. So like on my server where something happened and there 1k+ safe zones...I have to do it all by hand. Or if someone knows a command I missed. Though I am really hoping a new command gets added to delete all safe zones.

20. Offline

sjoerdtim

If I dwnld the 1.1.7 zip (and unzip it) I dont get an factions.jar can someone give me an jar only dwnld?
    ps. srry for bad enlish im dutch

21. Offline

madzz

can you do so op's can open doors and chest over all?

22. Offline

Amrac

In FactionsEntityListener.java, can we add before line 126 ( in public boolean canDamagerHurtDamagee)

The goal is to restrict PVP only to factions on war, so neutral and factionless cant pvp.

23. Offline

embty

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem as Kerpawr, I cant change anything in config files it keeps reverting back to the original settings everytime. I have made sure everything was ok with the JASON site u provided, used notepad2, notepad++. Nothing seems to work.
    Kindly fix this problem :)

Thank you,

24. Offline

maetthew

I'm sorry if this has already been clarified but I can't find anything about it. How do I "unclaim" the safe zone?

I know I can use
    Code:
    /f unclaim
    but can I unclaimall on the Safe Zone?

I want to remove my entire Safe Zone and start over

I also wonder, when I remove items from the territoryDenyUseageMaterials-flag in the conf.json and restart the server. All the items in that flag just re-appears(or does it recreate the config file). How can I remove items that is denied?

25. Offline

starcitsura

You have to stop the server, then save the file, then restart the server, when the server stops/restarts it saves to the file, overwriting any changes you made.

26. Offline

geloum

Hi thar, it seems that the last update of java srewed up this addon :/
    He wasnt able to load users + shit load of errors at server startup.

Can you please take a look at this ? Thank you very much :)

BTW : Addon only made my server cooler, people love it.

27. Offline

BindMind

Hey, just out of curiosity, is it possible to have factions closed by default? Because the people on my server aren't aware that factions are open by default.....

28. Offline

Agmanotis

Would it be possible to place a cooldown on the /f home command? Also, make it so they must stand still to use it?

29. Hi, sorry if there's something I haven't done right but when I restart my server the factions are gone, am i missing something? thanks.

30. Offline

Deathfromace

I have a problem with any edit I do to the config file comes up as a lot of errors in the console and it just reverts back to the default. I can simply change something to true from false and it does this.

I also have a problem where there is to many safe zones made and no command to take them all off.

31. Offline

Pim1234

well, every factionmemeber in my server isn't able to talk trough normal chat...
    here are the errors i get:
    Schermafbeelding 2011-05-08 om 14.26.50.png
    what should i do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.