[INACTIVE][SEC/FUN] Factions v1.1.7 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [733]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Olof Larsson, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Olof Larsson

Factions - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief :)
    By Olof Larsson and Brettflan.

Current version: 1.1.7
    Download: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Factions/tree/master/releases
    Source: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Factions
    Read the full userguide here: http://mcteam.org/plugins/factions

This plugin will allow the players on the server to create factions/guilds. The factions can claim territory that will be protected from non-members. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Land may be taken from other factions through war.

The goals of this plugin:
    • The players should be able to take care of anti-griefing themselves.
    • Inspire politics and intrigues on your server.
    • Guilding and team spirit! :)
    Fork me on github!
    I would be glad to code on this plugin together with you :). Please fork me on github and do a pull request. Read more here:
    http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
    http://help.github.com/pull-requests/

There will be cake if you join me in the coding [cake] :)

Usage
    Read the full userguide here: http://mcteam.org/factions <-[cake]

The chat console command is:
    • /f
    This command has subcommands like:
    • /f create my faction name
    • /f invite my friends name
    • /f claim
    • /f map
    • ... etc
    You may also read the documentation ingame as the plugin ships with an ingame help manual. Read the help pages like this:
    • /f help 1
    • /f help 2
    • /f help 1
    Note that you may optionally skip the slash and just write
    • f
    Installing
    1. Download: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Factions/tree/master/releases
    2. Put Factions.jar in your plugins folder
    If you have Permissions installed you will need to configure it. Read more here.

Current ToDo list:
    1. More admin controll, for example reassign faction admins.
    2. Command to reload config file.
    3. Give factions a limited number of separate territories. "You may only claim at the border of your territory". Purpose of this is to stop players from claiming land in a scattered way. Factions will be more stationary. This will encourage factions to build one main town.
    Changelog:
    Version 1.1.7

• Package structure changed to move it out of com.bukkit.* namespace (Olof Larsson)
    • Removed Help plugin support as that plugin is not updated. (Olof Larsson)
    • Changed name for No Faction to Wilderness (Olof Larsson)
    • New unclaimall command (/f unclaimall) to unclaim all of the faction's land (Olof Larsson)
    • Safezone claiming command now has optional radius input (/f safe [radius]) to claim a larger safezone area at a time (Olof Larsson)
    • Added check to make sure chatTagInsertIndex is valid before using it, to prevent triggering an exception (Brettflan)
    • Players who aren't currently in a faction should no longer get "Person left your faction" messages when others join a faction (Brettflan)
    • Attempt at simple workaround for error related to NPCs from Citizens plugin (Brettflan)
    • Placement and removal of paintings is now prevented if you're in another faction's territory (Brettflan)
    • /f map has been updated to fit inside the new Bukkit line-width limits (39 tiles wide instead of 49) (Brettflan)
    EDIT: by the way, you do need to have build 726 or newer of CraftBukkit (RB 733, for instance) since the painting events were added then.
    More changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Version 1.1.5 (By Brettflan)
    • Fix for left-clicking on wooden doors not being detected
    • Fix for null faction home location when loading factions data
    • Added "factions.adminBypass" permission which will allow players with that permission to bypass the building/destruction and usage limitations inside faction territory
    • New boolean config options territoryBlockTNT (default false), safeZoneDenyBuild (default true), safeZoneDenyUseage (default true), safeZoneBlockTNT (default true).

Version 1.1.3 (By Brettflan)
    • updated to work with RB 600/602
    • handled a couple of potential NPEs, one caused when saving faction info, and one where it could try sending messages to a player who is offline or otherwise doesn't currently exist for whatever reason
    • fix/workaround for bucket usage not always being detected if 2-3 blocks away
    • faction-tagged chat messages sent to the console and log now have crufty color tags (like "§f" and such) stripped out
    Version 1.1.2
    • bugfix - admins could not place signs etc in safezones (Olof Larsson)
    • Added some missing instaDestroyItems (painting and flowers) (Olof Larsson)
    • Added ability to load old pre-1.1 data files (board, factions, followers) if they exist and new files don't (Brettflan)
    Version 1.1 (by Olof Larsson)
    To upgrade: Remove you Factions folder
    I'm sorry about that. There just are so many changes to the save files.
    • Permissions plugin support
    • Help plugin support
    • Faction homes
    • Better save file format
    • Inactive players are kicked from their faction
    • SafeZones - PVP and monster safe areas
    Version 1.0 beta7 (by Brettflan)
    • Fix for enemy attacks potentially healing people in their own territory due to armor calculations, instead of correctly just giving reduced damage.
    • Placement/use of these items inside another faction's territory is now prevented: redstone wire, sign, flint&steel, bucket (empty, water, and lava).
      Code is also in place to prevent placement of beds and repeaters, but CraftBukkit doesn't properly detect those yet.
    • Fix for destruction of certain blocks not previously being detected and prevented: torch, redstone torch, repeater, redstone wire, sapling, crops, sugar cane.
    • Minor spelling and grammar fixes
    • Added options "territoryBlockCreepers" and "territoryBlockFireballs" to configuration file (conf.json). These both default to disabled. If enabled, they will respectively prevent creepers or ghast fireballs from destroying blocks if they explode inside faction owned territory. These can prevent griefing by way of luring creepers into another faction's territory.
      Note that both explosion types will still hurt nearby players and mobs, they just won't destroy blocks.
      Also note that "territoryBlockFireballs" only works in CB build 557 and higher, where fireball detection was added.
    Version 1.0 beta6
    To upgrade:
    Factions now use world name instead of world id for the board files.
    Nothing will be claimed when you start the server. Change the board file name(s)
    from something like 234978619762348768.json to something like world.json.
    • Updated to work with Craftbukkit 493 (by Brettflan)
    • Paginated faction listing (by Brettflan)
    • Single jar install (by Brettflan)
    • Board files now use world name instead of world id (by Olof Larsson)
    Version 1.0 beta5
    • Updated to work with Craftbukkit 450, which means Minecraft 1.3 compatibility :)
    • For now messages like these are removed: "Playername tried to use Wooden door in your territory". They could be used for chat spamming.
    Version 1.0 beta4
    To upgrade: Start and stop the server once with the new jar. Paste the content from board.json into the newly created file in /plugins/Faction/boards/. After this you can delete board.json.
    • MultiWorld support.
    • Faction chat is now something you turn on and of.
    • Arrows are now included in the friendly fire filter.
    • Some stability fixes.
    Version 1.0 beta3
    To upgrade: Delete conf.json and rename the "name" field to "tag" in every faction.json file.
    • Greatly improved chat and messaging system! :D
      Cooperates well with other plugins. Tested with Essentials and iChat so far.
    • New faction chat command
    • More config options
    • Bugfix: You can now claim land from enemies :p
    • ... and a lot of other fixes
    Version 1.0 beta2
    • There is now a config file where you may alter chat colors, dynamics of war etc.
      I will add documentation on the config soon...
    • Made the color formating a bit more understandable.
    • There is now a broadcast when a new faction is created.
    Version 1.0 beta1
    • The first release

2. Offline

T4L_Goose

I just wish there was a way to let people purchase residences in your land without being part of the faction. This would be useful for shop owners who are more widespread across the world and have their own merchant faction, but have shops set up in other faction territory.

3. Offline

Akislia

Does this conflict with Residence Mod? Sorry If this has been asked before.

4. Offline

Mikor

Would love this as well. If this could somehow be made to play nice with Factions, it'd make for some great gameplay dynamics.

5. Offline

Lanuk

Hmm.. I can't seem to find an option that lets me enable PvP in faction areas. Can anyone help me with this if it is possible? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Also, I want to be able to access chests in other factions as an op. Is this possible as well?

6. Offline

Brettflan

The file may be refreshed and some options rearranged, but it IS read and obeyed on startup. This has been thoroughly tested at this point. Just don't try editing the file while the server is running.

Make sure you're running version 1.1.6, then (as an Op, Admin, or user with the "factions.adminBypass" permission) use the /f bypass command to toggle bypass mode on. You'll then bypass any restrictions on building, destroying, or interacting with doors/chests/etc. within faction territories.

7. Offline

Mr_Mellow

Wondering if you could add the ability to disallow building in faction zones?

8. Offline

Devboi

okay so I will do it now with the server off - I remove wooden doors from the protected list, I change max power to15 and min power to -15 and set creeper protection to true. I start my server and get this message =

09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] === INIT START ===
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] Loading conf from disk
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.bukkit.mcteam.
    gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: invalid number or unquoted string near ?{ "
    colorMember": "G
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.Streams.parse(Streams.java:51)

09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:515)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:485)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:435)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:407)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.factions.Conf.load(Conf.java:122)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.factions.Factions.onEnable(Factions
    .java:131)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:118)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:216)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:94)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:72)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:215)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:202)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServe
    r.java:142)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:257)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:375)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] Caused by: com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.stream.MalformedJsonExceptio
    n: invalid number or unquoted string near ?{ "colorMember": "G
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(
    JsonReader.java:1110)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.stream.JsonReader.decodeLitera
    l(JsonReader.java:1100)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonRea
    der.java:343)
    09:19:17 [SEVERE] at com.bukkit.mcteam.gson.Streams.parse(Streams.java:38)

09:19:17 [SEVERE] ... 16 more
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] Failed to load the config from disk.
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] Loading players from disk
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] Loading factions from disk
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] Loading board from disk
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] Found and will use plugin Permissions v2.5.5
    09:19:17 [INFO] [Factions v1.1.6] === INIT DONE (Took 79ms) ===

It keeps thinking its an initial start and reseting the config file, I have triple checked this it does it every time even with the server offline.
    thanks

9. Offline

Brettflan

So it's indicating your problem right there. Your edited file has an invalid format at the part of the file indicated. What changes did you make? Perhaps you could post your edited file?

10. Offline

Devboi

This is the changes I make to the config (Remove wooden door - Creeter protection true - Power limit +15 and - 15

{
    "colorMember": "GREEN",
    "colorAlly": "LIGHT_PURPLE",
    "colorNeutral": "WHITE",
    "colorEnemy": "RED",
    "colorSystem": "YELLOW",
    "colorChrome": "GOLD",
    "colorCommand": "AQUA",
    "colorParameter": "DARK_AQUA",
    "powerPlayerMax": 15.0,
    "powerPlayerMin": -15.0,
    "powerPerMinute": 0.2,
    "powerPerDeath": 2.0,
    "prefixAdmin": "**",
    "prefixMod": "*",
    "factionTagLengthMin": 3,
    "factionTagLengthMax": 10,
    "factionTagForceUpperCase": false,
    "chatTagEnabled": true,
    "chatTagRelationColored": true,
    "chatTagInsertIndex": 1,
    "chatTagFormat": "%s§f ",
    "factionChatFormat": "%s§f %s",
    "allowNoSlashCommand": true,
    "autoLeaveAfterDaysOfInactivity": 14.0,
    "homesEnabled": true,
    "homesTeleportToOnDeath": true,
    "territoryShieldFactor": 0.5,
    "territoryBlockCreepers": true,
    "territoryBlockFireballs": false,
    "territoryBlockTNT": false,
    "safeZoneDenyBuild": true,
    "safeZoneDenyUseage": true,
    "safeZoneBlockTNT": true,
    "territoryProtectedMaterials": [
    "DISPENSER",
    "CHEST",
    "FURNACE"
    ],
    "territoryDenyUseageMaterials": [
    "WATER_BUCKET",
    "LAVA_BUCKET",
    "FLINT_AND_STEEL",
    "BUCKET"
    ]
    }

11. Offline

Brettflan

Hmm. That content checks out, and I was able to paste it into a conf.json file and Factions loaded it right up for me.

What OS are you running the server from? What program are you using to edit the file? My best guess is that the program you're using to edit it (Notepad, maybe?) is mangling the file format.

12. Offline

MCAndi

How can i enable PVP in safe zones?

13. Offline

Devboi

I am using notepad what should I be using!?

14. Offline

Zaros

Does this have iConomy cost yet? If it does, it would be absolutely perfect for my server.
    Possibly a cost for stating a faction, and a cost per faction chunk.

If chunks cost money, it will incourage factions to take them from other factions in war for free.

15. Offline

T4L_Goose

I would really love it if you guys could make this plugin and the Residence plugin play nice with eachother: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...ection-system-buy-sell-land-iconomy-670.9358/

Maybe make it so the purchased residences just overwrite the claimed faction land protection? That way faction cities can have shops for sale for out of town traders, and they dont have to be in the same faction to use their shop, but at the same time, the market building is still claimed by the faction.

16. Offline

Ancetras

Uhm o,o ...

I cannot edit the colors of the name of my faction which appears on the left of my name...

Why?
    Here a screen T_T

[​IMG]

17. Offline

diegokilla

I currently have two sections of land claimed as safeland, (multiple chunks each) and would like to have them each say something different when entering that area of land, any ideas?
    Is it possible for Admins to create an "empty faction" that they can claim land for that would be not show up on the factions list and such? I think there may be a way to do this by manually editing the board.json as well as factions.json... any help would be greatly appreciated :D

18. Offline

Brettflan

Windows Notepad doesn't preserve file encoding and character set properly. Do yourself a favor and install Notepad++.

19. Offline

Lorgrim

To everyone wanting iConomy support take a look at Command iConomy, I've been using it with factions for a week or so and while not perfect it gets the job done. Biggest issue is that it charges regardless of the outcome of the command. So say you try to claim a chunk and you don't have enough power, you still get charged. Its better then nothing though, so thought I would throw that out as a solution for the time being.

20. Offline

MCAndi

@Olof Larsson
    and please make pvp-block in safe zones optional.
    I really need this!

21. Offline

stereo

Hi!
    Is there any way to make this plugin compatible with CraftIRC? Right now, it works if I enable the cancelled chat option, but it displays faction chat as well as regular public chat.

Thanks!

22. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

I don't get a jar. file D:

23. Offline

Jorrdan

Could you make it so users can enter faction chat? That would make it a lot more practical :)

Thanks

24. Offline

godgodgodgo

Is there a limit to how much land you can take?

25. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

Can you make a jar. file only link?

nvm :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  26. Offline

Lookatmego

hey there i read ur copnfiguration file and io saw there was a command called /f invite [playername]

i was wondering how i can make it so a certain group or player can invite players to their factions

but other players can only accepte to join or leave if they wish

27. Offline

chernobyl360

Lol eh, stupid question how do i download off of github? maybe you could use the file attachment here..

28. Offline

Lookatmego

i seriously dont get how to configure this plugin there is no cinfiguration file for it

29. Offline

spunkiie

The HeroChat incompatibility needs to be solved ASAP please!

30. Offline

megamix34

Hi !

Please, How to make bigger claimed zone ? like 100 x 100 in one time.

31. Offline

Wahrheit

Faction tag limits are not actually working, even when set. Why is this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.