[INACTIVE][SEC] Friendlies v1.2.1: A Permissions-based monster whitelist. [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by fullwall, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Offline

fullwall

I'm not actually sure how GroupManager/Permissions deals with x.*.x nodes, so I think to be safe you'll have to go verbose, unfortunately :(. I agree with you that there should be a way to disable certain permissions on these plugins, but you'll have to ask the authors on that one.

2. Offline

jwideman

I just realized what my problem might be... if the player has * permission (admin), no monsters should attack?

3. Offline

fullwall

4. Offline

kexus

This is compatible with MonsterTamer right? Maybe you could make it so you can set whether caught animals are hostile or not.

5. Offline

GazerDwarf

Ok thanks for the quick reply.
    I'll just tell my players that hell was made to be dangerous XD.
    The wildcard (*) if definatly annoying but that is the permissions so I'll just have to cope.
    Defiantly one of the more useful plug-ins I have found for my server!

6. Offline

fullwall

As I have said in the monstertamer thread, the next update will have non-hostile mobs based on permissions. I like to keep plugins separate unless they're specific addons/extensions. I can't update monstertamer just yet though - bukkit annoyingly has changed some hooks around... need to wait for the change to finish.

Glad to hear you like it GazerDwarf!

7. Offline

anon

Does this use permission 2.1 already?

Im using groupmanager instead( its based on permission 2.0) and I get this error:

Code:
    2011-02-23 14:42:45 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] anon: /spawnmob Creeper 1
    2011-02-23 14:42:45 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_TARGET to Friendlies
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getPermissionString(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
            at com.fullwall.Friendlies.Permission.worlds(Permission.java:53)
            at com.fullwall.Friendlies.Listen.onEntityTarget(Listen.java:43)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$44.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:354)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:31)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.q(EntityLiving.java:648)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.q(EntityMonster.java:30)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.f_(EntityLiving.java:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.f_(EntityMonster.java:34)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreeper.f_(EntityCreeper.java:51)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1011)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.a(WorldServer.java:53)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.f(World.java:993)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.d(World.java:970)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

8. Offline

fullwall

I'll check it out. Friendlies was changed to 2.1, IIRC. I may change it back.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:12 AM ---
    Yes, it was. I'm not sure whether to revert or not...

9. Offline

raymondes

I am getting the same error as anon.

I am running permissions 2.1. any help?

Also, a template config.yml file for permissions with the frendlies permissions in there would be a great help.

10. Offline

fullwall

The error is caused by not having 2.1?

11. Offline

Cave_Digger

hi there :) i have a fresh install of iChat, Permissions, and SpawnControl. these three are working fine together. i added, and configured i am getting the following error whenever a monster is near.

2011-02-24 22:17:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_TARGET to Friendlies
    blah
    blah
    blah

im semi-confident that i have my permissions config.yml configured correctly, but but here it is.

if you could help me that would be great :) if you need anything else from me just let me know. and im sorry ahead of time if it is my stupidity causing the problem :)

12. Offline

fullwall

Can you post the error please? It's most likely a bug in player finding/mob finding.

13. Offline

Cave_Digger

it does this with all monsters, i just tried zombie, cus he was near. unless u want be to post the error for every monster :p

14. Offline

fullwall

Looks like a null pointer exception while checking for permissions - may be an issue with permissions, I'll check it out when I get home.

15. Offline

Cave_Digger

ok cool, like i said if u need anything from me just let me know :)

16. Offline

N3X15

Permissions 2.1 changed the API, might want to give the example a glance.

17. Offline

fullwall

I have (mostly). I may just change it back - it will be superseded soon anyway (inbuilt bukkit permissions).

18. Hey fullwall, at first I have to say thank you for this plugin, please continue your work! I have done some testing with it, and v1.2 doesn't work at all! I have tested it with groupmanager, permissions 2.0 and 2.1, everytime I got the same error, just like everyone else. Then I have tested v1.1 and it works with groupmanager and permissions 2.0, but it doesn't work with permissions 2.1. I hope this can help you!

19. Offline

fullwall

OK, try redownloading the zip and trying again. If it doesn't work, then it's because of permissions - I will not fix this until bukkit releases its permissions system (I feel Permissions is nearing the end of its lifecycle).

20. No change, but thanks anyway.

21. Offline

fullwall

Sorry - just keep checking the craftbukkit twitter for when permissions is added - I will be updating all of my plugins then.

22. Offline

raymondes

I dont want to sound like a typical server admin and complain that your plugin isn't working and that you should fix it asap, but i DO want to tell you that I am extremely excited to use your plugin once it is working.

Keep up the good work.

23. Offline

fullwall

Thanks for support (sorry about your server :() I will release a 2.0 permissions version, see if it works.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6701575/Friendliesn.jar try that.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  24. I have tried it and it works, I've noticed that everyone is ignoring me, but I only have set that creepers ignore me. I will try v1.0 now, maybe it will work better...
    edit:
    I've found the problem! I always was admin, so I have every permission! Now I'm moderator and the plugin works perfectly! The new v1.2 works fine with groupmanager, everything is perfect now, big thanks for this great plugin!

25. Offline

toffo

I'm thinking of giving this a try later on tonight.

Just a thought, would it be possible to make mobs friendly above a block level? For example, below level 60 or so the mobs attack you, perfect for caves and such. But above that, they're friendly or doesn't spawn at all?

26. Offline

fullwall

Yes, I could add a permissions setting. However, I think I'm going to hold off on that until bukkit implements persistence/inbuilt permissions. Until then, just bugfixes - Permissions is being superseded.

27. Offline

toffo

Alright, so that "must" be with permissions? Just asking as I have no experience in java coding and also no experience in bukkit coding, so I can't really check it up myself somehow.

28. Offline

fullwall

Not necessarily - it's just a lot cleaner, since every other setting has also been stored in permissions. I don't like dealing with file reading code :p.

29. Offline

toffo

Aha ok, well that explains it then :D No problems, stuff takes time, just deal with it :D Gonna try it out anyways later on today and see how it feels.

30. Offline

raymondes

Can someone tell me where i can find a Permissions 2.0 dl. The links on the forum thread do not work..... :(