[INACTIVE][MISC] HeroLock 0.0.4 - Password Protected Chests [670]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by RightLegRed, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Archelaus

HeroLock
    Downloads
    0.0.4 | 0.0.3 | 0.0.2 | 0.0.1 | source
    What is it?
    HeroLock is a plugin by the Herocraft Development Team. It uses the functionality of the new built-in persistence system that is provided by Bukkit to ensure that the locked chest stay locked. It allows users to quickly lock and unlock chests.
    How do I install it?
    To install HeroLock all you need to do is drop the jar file into your plugins folder. Then start up your server. HeroLock creates a folder entitled "HeroLock" inside your plugins folder. Inside this folder, is the database file. Which is a SQLite3 database file. This file is vital to the plugin. This is where the chest locations and passwords are stored. Deleting this file would mean that all of your chest that have been locked will be lost.
    How do I use it?
    Using HeroLock is simple. It consists of three commands currently. The first of which is lock. This command locks a chest with the password specified after the command. To use this, you activate the command and then right click on a chest. This will lock the chest if the chest isn't already locked. All of HeroLock's commands have 1 argument. Which is simply the password you wish to assign to the chest.
    The second command that HeroLock showcases is the unlock. Unlock is locks sister command. After you have locked a chest you simply need to use this command to use this as your unlock key. After saying this command, you can unlock any chest with the same password. Simply use the command unlock and then attempt to open a chest. If you get it right, the inventory window for that chest will open. If you get it wrong, then the window won't open and you'll be given a message saying that the password is incorrect.
    The final command that HeroLock has is change. This command is quite simple. It allows you to change the password of a chest. This is basically lock, but allows you to change the password. Only the owner can change the password. Please note, it doesn't require you to use the current password to change it. To use this command, do the command change followed by the new password. After doing this, right click on a chest. It'll give you a message if it was successful.
    What will it be able to do?

In the future I plan to add more functionality. I plan to add change in a way that lets anyone who has the password change it. My next plan would be to add modes. Much like an IRC channel, you could set a mode of a chest to react in a certain way to a player. Like if you were to set it to -p, it wouldn't be private and anyone could see inside, reguardless of using unlock or not.
    Does it have permissions support?
    Yes, HeroLock does. The permissions nodes are:
    herolock.chest.lock - to allow the user to lock chests
    herolock.chest.unlock - allow the user to unlock chests
    herolock.chest.change - allow the user to change a chests password.
    Whats been changed?

0.0.1 - I've just finished the basic features of the plugin. This is the initial release and feedback period.
    0.0.2 - Bug fix for the database system.
    0.0.3 - Implemented permissions support and new recommended build [670]
    0.0.4 - Fixed the above permissions support.
    Other staff members - I do not expect for this plugin to be brought into releases or I would've done it myself. I am simply posting to showcase the plugin and gather feedback. The plugin builds against a non-rb build which means it cannot be released.

2. Offline

Wrulador

In the new bukkit release (733) I can't seem to do anything. If I try to unlock, change password or lock a new chest, it just says "An internal error occured while attempting this command"

3. Offline

TheMan217

Really nice plugin i tried it, it's very good, nobody can steal anymore thanks.[cake]:)[chest][chest]

4. Offline

TruffleDucks

Where's the command list...

5. Offline

12345blitzkrieg

umm it says an internal error occured while trying to perform this commnad

6. Offline

Platypus

*request* the ability to limit the amount of chests via permissions? So someone in a default group would only be able to lock X amount of chests, someone in the VIP group would be able to lock Y amount of chests.

7. Offline

Vlyn91

Broken. Just tried it with my players on #733. You can unlock every chest with a false password.
    /lock 123
    /unlock abcblablabla213
    and it opens for everyone -.-

8. Offline

MLG Darren :D

It seems to be working here. didn't check if double chests work. Do they? And when i locked my chest i could destroy it. can others destroy it? :O

Edit:Double Chests dont work if u dont lock both.(only locks 1 part) and people can't destroy the chests :D! THANKS! but try to fix double chests! THANKS!

9. Offline

Truecorruptor

I got this error and i dont know what it does casue i havent used the lock system yet

2011-05-05 22:08:28 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to HeroLock
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.herocraftonline.rightlegred.herolock.HLPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(HLPlayerListener.java:31)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:254)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:744)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:35)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-05 22:08:29 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to HeroLock
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.herocraftonline.rightlegred.herolock.HLPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(HLPlayerListener.java:31)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:254)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:744)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:35)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

10. Offline

NeoGriim

Would it be possible to implement this into Heromagic so that you need reagents to lock stuff? My server has tiers which are donation based. The people that haven't donated, I still want them to be able to lock chests to prevent ragequits from a loss of all their crap but I also don't want them to be able to do it easily. I have lockette on for my larger donators however I still have no way of implementing a lock system that isn't so hastle free. If I could make this use reagents it would be PERFECT!

11. Offline

Plague

CB 670 - inactive