[INACTIVE][MISC] BlocksOnGlass v0.44 - Place anything on glass [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FrozenBrain, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

FrozenBrain

BlocksOnGlass - Place everything you want on glass .. and fences .. and ice :>
    Version: v0.44
    CraftBukkit: 1185

Thanks for the video, @Gabriel Moon

This plugin allows the players of your server to place anything on glass, ice and fences. Redstone also works.

Features:
    • Place every item or block on glass, ice, fences and leaves
    • Support for Permissions
    Download BlocksOnGlass v0.44
    Source Code

If you want to support me, please [​IMG].

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler
    Players can only place an item on glass if they have the permission to for it.
    There are the following permission nodes:
    bog.itemGlass
    boi.itemIce
    bof.itemFence
    bol.itemLeaves

If you want to allow them to place a torch on glass, you would use for example
    Code:
    bog.torch
    for wooden doors on fences
    Code:
    bof.wood_door
    and so on.

The itemname hast to be uncapitalized or it won't work!
    Possible itemnames are:
    Code:
    POWERED_RAIL
    DETECTOR_RAIL
    TORCH (not for fences)
    LADDER
    RAILS
    LEVER
    STONE_PLATE
    WOOD_PLATE
    REDSTONE_TORCH_ON (not for fences)
    STONE_BUTTON
    WOOD_DOOR
    IRON_DOOR
    REDSTONE
    BED
    DIODE
    You can use bog.*, bof.*, boi.* and bol.* as well!

Configuration:
    fenceFixIf this is set to 'true', you can place fences next to another one even if there's no fence below the new one.

Changelog:
    Version 0.44
    • Update for CB 1185 (Minecraft 1.8.1)
    Version 0.43
    • Update for CB 1060 and 1118
    Version 0.42
    • Fixed ice (was not melting correctly)
    Version 0.41
    • Added support for leaves
    • Noteblocks placed on glass will now play the correct sound
    Version 0.40
    • Added support for ice
    • Updated for CB build 1000
    • Added "fenceFix" to the config (see above)
    • Monsters can no longer climb over fences
    Show Spoiler
    Version 0.35
    • Snow shouldn't be forming on glass and fences now
    • Torches can now be placed on fences without having to explicitly have the permission to
    Version 0.34
    • Added support for fences
    Version 0.33
    • Fixed lighting bug
    Version 0.32
    • Updated for Minecraft 1.6.6 (CraftBukkit b818)
    Version 0.31
    • Changed the way you can allow or disallow items to be placed on glass
      • See Permissions
    Version 0.30
    • Fixed redstone
    • The plugin has been completely rewritten to make it
      • faster
      • more reliable
      • more flexible
      • more compatible
    Version 0.22
    • Updated for CB 733
    • Added support for powered rails and detector rails
      • You can place them, but they do net work correctly yet, sorry.
    Version 0.21
    • You can now place beds on glass
    Version 0.20
    • Doors can now be placed on glass
    • You can now set which items can be placed on glass (see Configuration)
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Cleaned up the code a bit
    Version 0.11
    • Rails, Ladders, Redstone Wire and Redstone Torches can now be placed on glass (however redstone doesn't work until I know how to fix that)
    • Fixed Ladders
    Version 0.1
    • First public release

Incompatible plugins: None
    Todo: Fix the sound note blocks make if there's glass below it (may be impossible)

Have fun :)

_ralts, ACStache, Noppoly and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Wakko

Make it so you can place fences on the side of blocks.
    And possibly a setting for snow on fences/glass?
    Then...
    You know, is there really anything else to add? :confused:

3. Offline

MCrofl777

you can also have
    - 'bog.*'
    - 'bof.*'
    in the permissions or?

4. Hey, you should add "and fences" to the title, I didn't find this plugin earlier because I thought it was only for glass :}

5. Offline

kalvinleung

Code:
    21:12:13 [嚴重的] Error occurred while enabling BlocksOnGlass v0.34 (Is it up to
     date?): TRAP_DOOR
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRAP_DOOR
            at de.frozenbrain.BlocksOnGlass.bogPlugin.onEnable(bogPlugin.java:62)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:750)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:253)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:134)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:112)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:235)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:222)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:288)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    I have this error when bukkit(818!) started

6. Offline

belfedia

Bukkit # 860 is here
    Code:
    2011-06-13 11:20:56 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BlocksOnGlass v0.34 (Is it up to date?): TRAP_DOOR
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRAP_DOOR
        at de.frozenbrain.BlocksOnGlass.bogPlugin.onEnable(bogPlugin.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:799)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:140)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:235)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:222)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:286)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Can you fix it plz ? :)
    And don't forget snow config ;)

7. Offline

Mattie112

"bof.item" does NOT work at me, however "bof.*" does work, is that correct? If so: please update your startpost :p

8. I belive "item" is a variable, you can use individual item names.

9. Offline

WardenWolf

Nice plugin. I was a bit concerned what would happen to existing tracks and such if the plugin ceased to function (i.e., during Bukkit downtime after updates), but it seems that was unfounded and everything sticks as long as you don't mess with it.

10. Offline

sean_skroht

I've noticed that when you attach torches to multiple sides of a glass block they don't always immediately appear. Sometimes they don't even appear until you've left the server and rejoined. Is it possible to fix the update speed?

11. Offline

plutgamer

very useful!

12. Offline

Chromana

Hi, it seems like your plugin stop music blocks from making the correct sound when they are placed on glass. It should make a "stick" sound (according to http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Music_Block) but it doesn't with this mod.

13. Offline

grinch843

Hi, ran into a problem with BOG, I noticed that only my users with admin accounts can place blocks on fence's, ie torchs, fences, pressue plates, etc. For normal users, placing stuff on glass is working great, but not for fence's. I've tried the permission nodes bog.fence & bog.* but neither one makes a difference. I'am running CB-860 and the group manager that comes with essentials 2.3.3.

Any help would be appreciated...

Grinch.....

14. bof.* is for fences, try bof.glass if you only want fences on glass.

15. Offline

mjmr89

This is great! I remember trying to do something like this in early bukkit, but it never worked :/ Shouldn't be hard to convince the admin of the server I play on to add this, which is nice ;)

16. Offline

dasdre

Pretty good plugin besides one VERY annoying bug: Chests wont open with a block of glass on top of them, is it because it starts to count glass as solid?

/Dasdre
    P.S: is there any plugin that makes chests open with a block on top of them? if so, then what is it called???
    PP.S: English is not my native language.

17. Offline

grinch843

18. Offline

dasdre

19. Offline

grinch843

Placing stuff on glass is working fine, it's placing stuff on fence's that I can't get to work for my normal users. For example, I can log in with my admin account, put down a fence, then I can put another fence on top of the first fence and so on, but if I log in with a non-admin account I can't do it.

Grinch...

20. Well, I gave my players bog.* and bof.* and they can place fence on fence, so I dunno what it could be.

21. Offline

-soL-

link down? can't download

22. Offline

grinch843

:oops: Figured it out --- Must be time for new glasses, I saw bof.* and was automatically thinking bog.*, thought it was a typo with the F and G being so close together :), didn't realize there was a bog.* node until I re-read the op.......Duh!!!

Anyway, thanks

Grinch.....

23. Offline

kaasinees

please update for 860 :)

24. Offline

ACStache

anything that works for 818 should work for 860

25. Offline

kaasinees

ah okay, yeah it works. i have a question though. can i limit it so that players can only place on top of the fence and not on the sides where it seems to float in the air...

26. Offline

TC.Barky

Hey I just have a quick question with regards to mob spawns. Clearly mobs can spawn on glass/fences and that's fine... my query is can animals spawn on fences? We had some pigs jumping around in peoples crops since putting this plugin on and there was no grass within the fenced area that the pigs were found in. Not sure if it helps but the fences were placed on grass (like, do the fences somehow take the attributes of the blocks beneath them?)

27. Offline

efstajas

I would also like to be able to place Pressure Plates on TNT. In Alpha, you were able to make really cool mines like that. :)

28. Offline

Dope

Maybe another suggestion is to add the ability to place hatches at the side of glass?

29. Offline

Soxra

Download Links is down for me

30. Offline

Stefenatefun

Redstone works with this plugin, but it takes a bit of fussing with to make it work. Another problem with redstone is that it doesn't show up on glass.

31. Offline

Wesley Boynton

I can't find anything searching this thread for "click" or "Note Block." Or even "note."

We used this plugin for weeks and loved it, but it was ultimately turned down when we discovered it was keeping us from being able to turn note blocks to click sounds. I want to reinstall this plugin very badly, so I figured I should let you know about this issue.