[INACTIVE][MISC] BlocksOnGlass v0.44 - Place anything on glass [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FrozenBrain, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

FrozenBrain

BlocksOnGlass - Place everything you want on glass .. and fences .. and ice :>
    Version: v0.44
    CraftBukkit: 1185

Thanks for the video, @Gabriel Moon

This plugin allows the players of your server to place anything on glass, ice and fences. Redstone also works.

Features:
    • Place every item or block on glass, ice, fences and leaves
    • Support for Permissions
    Download BlocksOnGlass v0.44
    Source Code

If you want to support me, please [​IMG].

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler
    Players can only place an item on glass if they have the permission to for it.
    There are the following permission nodes:
    bog.itemGlass
    boi.itemIce
    bof.itemFence
    bol.itemLeaves

If you want to allow them to place a torch on glass, you would use for example
    Code:
    bog.torch
    for wooden doors on fences
    Code:
    bof.wood_door
    and so on.

The itemname hast to be uncapitalized or it won't work!
    Possible itemnames are:
    Code:
    POWERED_RAIL
    DETECTOR_RAIL
    TORCH (not for fences)
    LADDER
    RAILS
    LEVER
    STONE_PLATE
    WOOD_PLATE
    REDSTONE_TORCH_ON (not for fences)
    STONE_BUTTON
    WOOD_DOOR
    IRON_DOOR
    REDSTONE
    BED
    DIODE
    You can use bog.*, bof.*, boi.* and bol.* as well!

Configuration:
    fenceFixIf this is set to 'true', you can place fences next to another one even if there's no fence below the new one.

Changelog:
    Version 0.44
    • Update for CB 1185 (Minecraft 1.8.1)
    Version 0.43
    • Update for CB 1060 and 1118
    Version 0.42
    • Fixed ice (was not melting correctly)
    Version 0.41
    • Added support for leaves
    • Noteblocks placed on glass will now play the correct sound
    Version 0.40
    • Added support for ice
    • Updated for CB build 1000
    • Added "fenceFix" to the config (see above)
    • Monsters can no longer climb over fences
    Show Spoiler
    Version 0.35
    • Snow shouldn't be forming on glass and fences now
    • Torches can now be placed on fences without having to explicitly have the permission to
    Version 0.34
    • Added support for fences
    Version 0.33
    • Fixed lighting bug
    Version 0.32
    • Updated for Minecraft 1.6.6 (CraftBukkit b818)
    Version 0.31
    • Changed the way you can allow or disallow items to be placed on glass
      • See Permissions
    Version 0.30
    • Fixed redstone
    • The plugin has been completely rewritten to make it
      • faster
      • more reliable
      • more flexible
      • more compatible
    Version 0.22
    • Updated for CB 733
    • Added support for powered rails and detector rails
      • You can place them, but they do net work correctly yet, sorry.
    Version 0.21
    • You can now place beds on glass
    Version 0.20
    • Doors can now be placed on glass
    • You can now set which items can be placed on glass (see Configuration)
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Cleaned up the code a bit
    Version 0.11
    • Rails, Ladders, Redstone Wire and Redstone Torches can now be placed on glass (however redstone doesn't work until I know how to fix that)
    • Fixed Ladders
    Version 0.1
    • First public release

Incompatible plugins: None
    Todo: Fix the sound note blocks make if there's glass below it (may be impossible)

Have fun :)

_ralts, ACStache, Noppoly and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Taemera

Kudos to you! Definitely going to add this one.

3. Offline

RazorFlint

Sweet Like It :D

4. Offline

Juze

Haha, seems awesome. But what happens if you disable or remove this plugin while you have torches on glass?

5. Offline

FrozenBrain

The torches will just fall off the glass after the next BLOCK_PHYSICS event.

6. Offline

Sparven999

Hey,

This plugin is great, but do you think you can get this to work with rails aswell?
    Would be great for my servers projects =)

7. Offline

sitrec

Awesome plugin, Love it! Would love to see it working with redstone stuff and rails too if thats possible?
    Thanks in advance!

8. Offline

Connor Griffin

I think I properly modified his source code for this to work for rails, but I have no idea on how to compile it to a JAR file. I've never messed with Java before.

9. Offline

FrozenBrain

Yes I can :) I'll add that to my todo list.

If you're using eclipse you rightclick the project, click export and chose JAR file.
    However I'll add support for rails and redstone later.

Edit: Rails are working now and I can place redstone torches on glass. But glass seems to be non-conductive :D

10. Offline

Don Redhorse

Rails is a killer feature... waiting for the update

11. Offline

FrozenBrain

The new version would be done if I knew a way to make glass 'conductive'.

12. Offline

Jackjan

Maybe you can make Ladders on Glass

13. Offline

FrozenBrain

Added to my todo list.

14. Offline

Don Redhorse

well I don't know either.. :-/

15. Offline

FrozenBrain

Done :)

You can now place rails, ladders, redstone wire and redstone torches on glass. However redstone doesn't work until I find a way to fix it.

16. Offline

sukosevato

Hey man, thanks for the plugin.

Works fine, i can add torches / rail / redstone to glass.

Only problem is ladders aren't working (that's what i wanted it for :p) When trying to put a ladder on glass it'll just pop right back and nothing happens.

The plugin loads normally.

I have these plugins:

AppleTree, Bedrockcontrol, Blocksonglass, commandhelper, dynmap, heroicdeath, lightvote, lwc, [MC]Automessage, minestalker, netherworld, nSpleef, Permissions, Quickbelt, SpawnControl, vStopeFire.

I'm running the server on a dedicated ubuntu 10.10 machine. On Craftbukkit version: 647

17. Offline

FrozenBrain

Sorry, I'll fix that tomorrow.

18. Offline

sukosevato

no need to apologize, take your time. No rush.

I really appreciate the time you put into plugins that make our lives a little bit easier/more enjoyable ^^

19. Offline

Wolfy9247

Question: What happens if you were to place something such as a torch on a glass block, take away the plugin, then restart the server? Without it knowing how to handle a torch on the glass piece without a plugin, would it just take it off of it?

20. Offline

overlordror

Thanks for this! Our subway system runs underneath the ocean on our server and glass blocks have been placed so you can see out into the water, making for quite a dark place without this plugin. We can finally get rid of those ugly glowstone blocks and put torches in place on the glass.

21. Offline

FrozenBrain

Yes, the torch would just fall off the glass block.

Fixed. The version is still 0.11 but the .jar file is different. Download the new one and try placing ladders again pls :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  22. Offline

sukosevato

Works perfectly. Thanks man!

23. Offline

killgoblen

Awesome! Thanks for making this! Now if only redstone worked... Meh, maybe someone could actually use the non-conductivity of glass to their advantage!

EDIT: Would it be possible to allow doors to be placed on glass?

And make certain things not be able to be placed on glass? (Config file, anyone?)

Thanks!

24. Offline

Chromana

Hi, great plugin. I've found a couple bugs though.

TOP DOWN VIEW:

[cobble][cobble]
    [air][glass]

When trying to place on the left side of the glass it automatically goes to the bottom side of the left stone. Perhaps this is the behaviour without the mod?

TOP DOWN VIEW:

[goldore][glass]
    [air][tnt]

In this diagram the TNT and gold are glass (easier to refer to them). If, say, there is something (Sign, torch, ladder etc) on the left side of the TNT and you place something that your mod allows to be placed (not a sign but a torch, ladder etc) on the bottom side of the gold then the item on the TNT will disappear with no spawn and the item you were placing on the gold is placed.

This only happens if the item you are placing on the gold is one of the new items. Trying it with a sign has no effect and the sign is not placed.

It also happens rotated scenarios. Here is another example:
    SIDE VIEW:
    [air][goldore]
    [tnt][glass]

Again, the gold and TNT represent glass. If there is something on the TNT (rail, sign etc) and you place something on the left side of the gold then the thing on the TNT vanishes, just like the other example. If you then go to place something (except a sign) on the TNT the thing you placed on the gold vanishes.

I don't know much about writing these mods but it seems like your mod instantly places the item and disregards if there is an item already in that space. I.e. it overwrites the content of that space. Seems like some sort of check needs to go in there.

Also there is some delay in placing these new items but I guess you know that already.

25. Offline

L3m0nad31

this sounds great! one question though. does it bring lag to your server?

26. Offline

FrozenBrain

Good ideas! Added them to my todo list.

Edit: I can't add doors to this plugin without being able to get the orientation of a player. The doors would always be in the same direction. I've got another idea on how to place doors on glass right, but therefore the plugin has to make a dirt block out of the glass and reset it to glass one tick later. That would look realy ugly ingame ^^

Thanks for reporting those bugs. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: 1. I haven't got this problem. I only see the torch appear at the stone for a short moment. Afterwards the torch hangs on the glass how it should be.

2. This will be fixed in the next update.

I can't really tell because I've only tested them on my local server. However, there are just a few checks everytime a block next to torch, ladder, ... has changed so it shouldn't create that much lag.

New version's up!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  27. Offline

overlordror

I wasn't sure where to ask about this, but I'm curious if it's possible for a Bukkit plugin to detect when glass blocks are placed together in a fashion so that the texture can be changed to create a huge glass wall with no borders around them? There's a single player mod that is able to do this, but I'm not really sure if it's something bukkit can handle.

28. Offline

FrozenBrain

A bukkit plugin can't change textures or create new ones, sorry :/

PapiDimmi likes this.
  29. Offline

overlordror

No worries! I just wasn't sure if that was beyond the scope of Bukkit or not. Hopefully soon. :)

30. Offline

lolligertyp

I love you Plugin, good work! There is only one thing I want: Beds on glass :D