[INACTIVE][MISC] BananaMapRender 1.6 - generate a flatmap image render of your world [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BananaMapRender
    a lightweight dynmap alternative - fater than ever

Features:
    • Player names and faces on a map
    • ZOOMING!
    • Gorgeous map rendering
    • Monsters on a map
    • Monster spawners on map
    • Signs on map if the first line of the sign is [BMR]
    • Shows time of day
    • Super light on resources
    • Super fast rendering
    • Full multithreading support
    • Worldguard Regions
    • Worldborder borders (circle and square)
    • Permissions support
    • Configure everything the way you want it
    • MultiWorld support
    • Toggleable icons
    [​IMG]
    Version: 1.6
    Download: Download Link
    Commands: /bmr [value between 1 and 4] /bmr length
    Example Render: Here

Instructions: These assume that you are running BukkitHTTPD as the web server on your host. If this is the case you don't need to change anything. Otherwise, please configure the correct directory for your web server install.

• Place in plugins/ folder along with all the included libs and extra folders in the zip. The plugin will not create its own if these do not exist!
    • Start the server, then type bmr 1 into the console - wait for this to complete then continue running your server as normal!
    • Players will automatically generate the entire map over a period of weeks as they explore it, but if you wish, you can forcefully render areas of the map using /bmr in-game.
    • Navigate to http://yourip/worldname/
    • If you wish to have certain signs displaying on the map - have the first line of the sign be
    Code:
    [BMR]
    this
    is a
    sign
    Some more information:
    • The plugin keeps each 512px tile for 1 hour after creation. After this they are flagged for updating, either by your players as they wander around your map, or by you using /bmr [value]
    • Each bmr value is equal to (mcregion file+1)^2 so be careful when using large values as bmr 10 renders over 5k by 5k tiles!
    • The plugin will print a report when it is done rendering. It will look something like this.
    Code:
    2011-08-04 14:31:37 [INFO] Map rendering: 1 1 DONE
    2011-08-04 14:31:37 [INFO] Rendering complete: Took 190s to complete : 288 chunks rendered in total

Live Examples:

[​IMG]

Credit Where Due:
    • clone1018 for minotar.net
    • Nijikokun for suggestion I use leaflet as the map system, and for the css and coding help
    • Demonen for all the testing and for writing a couple of functions for me
    • All the folks on the United Banana Empire for being super patient with me as I tested this plugin
    • Protected for doing a complete rewrite of some of my code for 0.3 - thankyou so so so much - I don't know what I'd do without you on my team! ^^
    • K900 for all his anti-noob nyan work :)
    Coming soon: progress on GitHub

• Fun filters (not done)
    • Fix wierd chrome bugs (possibly done)
    • Flash based site (partially done)
    Changelog:

• 0.0.1 - 01/06/2011 - released privately to beta testers.
    • 0.1 - 04/06/2011 - released publicly after adding lots of shiny features.
    • 0.2 - 06/06/2011 - implemented multiworld and added more entities.
    • 02.1 - 07/06/2011 - implemented biomes, changed mob formula, changed how ice looks to be more "icey" added sign and mob spawner display.
    • 1.0 - 09/06/2011
    • 1.1 - 15/06/2011 - added all sorts of anti-noob nyanerry - thanks K900!
    • 1.2 - 19/07/2011 - removed NMS references - increased performance - hopefully fixed sign bug
    • 1.5 - 04/08/2011 - new index.html - new rendering method - new chunksnapshot method increased performance - decreased lag
    • 1.6 - 16/08/2011 - reordered rendering logic, cleaned up memory leak, took out the cat, introduced the neighbors to my girlfriend, slowed down rendering so you don't even notice its happening when the server is running. Also it's a lot prettier.

2. Offline

codename_B

Btw
    http://tetragaming.com/codename_B/dev/BMR-new/

3. Offline

messy

oh, sorry - you got me wrong there - i am using the latest version(s) and there this issue happens all the time..
    my way of dealing with it is temporarily using an outdated version (with the error) so that the duplication bug won't trigger..

the bug only will trigger when bmr updates the map tiles itself - this crashes in my outdated version - everything "ok" except for the tiles beeing outdated more and more.. then after a week or so I exchange bmr with the latest version, trigger an update of the worlds manually and overwrite the bmr.jar with the outdated version again - but that is probably not a clean solution ;)

[fire] HELL YEAH! [fire]

:D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

codename_B

Tell you what - I'll remove all Sign entities and spawned items in BMR chunks (optionally in the config) ?

5. Offline

messy

this would do what? - i get the sign part, but the "spawned items" .. you will ignore them and remove the part where they are "looked for" in the chunk?

as long as you wont remove placed pictures, driving minecarts, dropped diamond blocks .. ;)

I will happily try this :)

but .. imho in the long term sign drawing is a must for a map plugin - so we should figure out why there is something broken some time ;) (i promise to help) :p

6. Offline

codename_B

I have already figured out what is broken and it is fixed in the up and coming (big release) which isn't done yet.

@messy - pm

Coming soon:
    • toggleable player icons/stuff - done
    • optional flash based BMR website rather than js based - being looked into
    • textured maps with lighting - done
    • vastly increased performance - done
    • rendering doesn't lock up server - done

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

codename_B

Here's the thing - a fix is on the way.

BMR 1.5 - released!

8. Offline

Nincodedo

Still having problems from yesterday. I've found out that even after turning off signs, it still tries to pass them through players.js. I deleted all my files, downloaded 1.5, changed the config to disable signs, and rendered a map. I get the same blank screen still. Any ideas?

9. Offline

codename_B

Link?

EDIT: if you mean this -
    http://ocwminecraft.com/ocwminecraft/bmr/world/
    http://ocwminecraft.com/bmr/world/-1,-1.png
    You'll notice neither of them are updated.

You do realise you have to do a fresh render?

10. Offline

Nincodedo

11. Offline

codename_B

Neither of those are up to date.

12. Offline

Nincodedo

I have updated them. Even after rerendering, it still shows the same exact stuff. If you'd like I will rerender them again. I've even added a screenshot of the server running, rerendered just a few minutes ago, the config file, and the files.

http://ocwminecraft.com/bmr/updated.png

13. Offline

codename_B

@Nincodedo - you're not using 1.5 there. I know because it would print a report when it finsihed rendering.

14. Offline

Nincodedo

Then the link on your website still directs me to the old verison of the plugin. I just downloaded what I thought was the new one and ran it after you said it was updated to 1.5.

15. I updated (deleted all folders in BukkitHTTPD and started a new render which still logged me off, too): The bug is still there. :(

16. Offline

codename_B

Did you replace the BMR folder and the BMR.jar? That's how to update. The sign duplication bug? I really don't see how this could be causing it.

Code:
    name: BMR
    version: 1.5
    author: codename_B
    main: com.ubempire.render.BananaMapRender
    description: Lightweight alternative to dynmap
    commands:
      bmr:
        description: Renders the chunk of the player
        usage: |
          /<command> range worldname - renders the chunk of the player.
    permissions:
      bmr.render:
        default: op
    load: startup

I just downloaded the file and opened the plugin.yml

Note the bit where it says version 1.5

17. Offline

Twisted420

hey i have my server hosted from Redstonehosting.net they said this plugin should work but the page for the map doesnt load...ive tryed leaving it default location changing the location of where it saved the map render and everything, but the page just wont load?

18. Offline

codename_B

Do you have a webserver plugin like BukkitHTTPD?

19. Offline

Twisted420

no didnt think i need one, the host said all i should have had to do was put in the map plugin ill try putting in BukkitHTTPD

20. Offline

codename_B

That would help - you need a web host as all this is is an html file - it doesn't provide the hosting.

21. Offline

Twisted420

:\ ok added it in but it still doesnt load, the default url for it is myserverip:port/worldname?

22. Offline

codename_B

If you're using BukkitHTTPD the format (as explained on the BukkitHTTPD thread) is http://yourip:8107/ worldname by default.

23. Offline

Twisted420

yay <3 U!!! it works

codename_B likes this.
  24. codename_B: Of course I replaced the jar (and the folder, too). But I had a look at the plugin.yml right now and:
    Code:
    version: 1.1
    So I will redownload it and try it again right now.

//EDIT: Downloaded it 3 times now. The plugin.yml inside the jar still says 1.1. :/

//EDIT²: And I downloaded again and again... till I got 1.5. Which seems to work fine (rendering right now). Thanks. :)

//EDIT³: No, it's still rendering only the main world (but that just fine now): http://minecraft.trihs.de:8107/world/ ) but the other ones are still missing files (also there are not enough messages in the log, this is for world_wonder:
    Code:
    2011-08-05 07:49:20 [INFO] Start copying template files...
    2011-08-05 07:49:20 [INFO] Done copying files.
    2011-08-05 07:50:01 [INFO] [TimeEvent] No new save data..
    2011-08-05 07:52:48 [INFO] Map rendering: 0 0 START
    2011-08-05 07:52:53 [INFO] Map rendering: 0 0 DONE
    2011-08-05 07:52:53 [INFO] Rendering complete: Took 21s to complete : 32 chunks rendered in total
    Why only 0 0? In the main world it did more.)

25. Offline

codename_B

Did you type bmr world_wonder 2 ? If you don't command it to render, and no players go there, it won't render it.

26. No, I jumped in the world and typed /bmr 1 ... Didn't notice that I have to give it the world name, will try that now. :)

//EDIT: Looged on the server, noticed a crash, reloaded, it fu**ed up the main world... but that's not the point: Giving the world name to the command does the job. thanks and sorry for wasting your time.

27. Offline

codename_B

It's not a waste of time, I'm happy to help!

28. Offline

neo6633

I fixed port problem
    But there are another problem.
    That is multiworld problem.
    I just maked multiworld, the names are 'hunt' and 'gay'
    So there are map folders in serverroot folder.
    But Only 'world' can display world.
    When I accessed http://neoworld.no-ip.org:83/hunt
    Only shows this http://dkdleldla456.fileave.com/hunt.htm
    And ther is no html files in Minecraft Server\plugins\BukkitHTTPD\hunt.
    There are 0,0.png player.js world.js files only.

I can only show http://neoworld.no-ip.org:83/world/

29. Offline

codename_B

You didn't setup the plugin template folder correctly... Obviously.

?
    That looks fine to me.

30. Offline

neo6633

what is template?
    Code:
        fill-opacity: 0.1

#Entity marker options
    entities:

#Blanket enable or disable entities. Disable here for maximum efficiency.
        #Must be enabled for all the other options in this block to work.
        enable: true

#How many mobs to mark in each chunk (don't set this too high or the viewer will be slow).
        max-per-chunk: 3

#Enable or disable each type of mob separately if you want:
        mobs:
            Pig: true
            Cow: true
            Sheep: true
            Chicken: true
            Creeper: true
            Skeleton: true
            Spider: true
            Zombie: true
            Wolf: true
            PigZombie: true
            Ghast: true
            Slime: true
            Squid: true

#Enable or disable player position markers
        players: true

#Enable or disable player name popups when the markers are clicked (requires player markers)
        player-popups: true

#Enable or disable tamed wolves. If this is enabled, tamed wolves always show, they have a
        # different icon (red collar) and you can click them to see the name of their owner.
        tamed-wolves: true

#Tile entity marker options
    tile-entities:

#Blanket enable or disable tile entities. Disable here for maximum efficiency.
        #Must be enabled for all the other options in this block to work.
        enable: true

#How many tile entities to mark in each chunk (don't set too high or the viewer will be slow).
        max-per-chunk: 3

#Show creature spawners?
        spawners: true

#If creature spawners are enabled, this is the chance of them actually showing.
        spawner-chance: 0.2

#Show BMR signs? BMR signs are signs with [BMR] in the first line. Clicking the icon will
        #display the sign contents.
        signs: true

alias:
        # You can alias world just like this
        world: 'Mah Epic World!'
        gay:
        hunt:

hide:
        # Names of people who won't be shown on the map. Good for NPCs and stealth guys.
    Onlt the 'world' can see.
    I can't see 'hunt'world.