[INACTIVE][MECH] SkyPirates v1.2.4 - Planes, submarines, hoverboats and more! [766][Permissions]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by fullwall, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

fullwall

SkyPirates
    Take the whole world, above, below, and in between, as your own.

Download the latest (ZIP): v1.2.4
    Older: v1.2.3, v1.2.2, v1.2.1, 1.2, 1.11, 1.1, 1.0
    Recommended texture pack (shameless plug for a friend): Euphoria's Texture Pack

SkyPirates is all about freedom in vehicles, about doing what you never thought possible. In Minecraft, boats have long been considered flawed. Ungainly, slow to turn, and ultimately limited, boats are rarely used.

SkyPirates is the game changer.

Now, the sky is literally the limit, with boats becoming planes, land vehicles, and submarines.

Fly through the air with a swing of your arm, fly to the next building project, and swoop to a graceful landing. Experience the unbridled joy in just leaving the confines of the earth below.

Jump onto land, and watch as your boat smoothly transitions into an amphibious driving machine. Use for faster transportation, or simply for fun as you jump your way through the landscape.

Dive into the ocean as a submarine, moving silently through the squids, surfacing at will. Explore the ocean depths, build the next underwater city, and surprise other players by popping up next to them.

Hover over land and sea with the new hoverboat mode. Simply control with the arrow keys and float serenely over any obstacles in your path. Floats one block above the ground.

Glide down to the ground with the glide mode. Floats slowly down to the ground, useful when you don't want to simply drop from a great height.

Drill to great depths with the new drill mode. Get ores, endless stacks of stone and more underground... just be sure to watch out for lava!

Of course, permissions are included, with full integration with Nijikokun's Permissions plugin. Control who can have access to SkyPirates, who can fly and who can submerge. If you don't like Permissions, boats will be restricted to the ops of your server.

Turning speed is also increased, so no more painstakingly slow arcs to avoid that obstacle.

SkyPirates - the ultimate in transportation plugins.

Features:
    • Six different modes of boats - amphibious, plane, hover, glide, drill and submarine.
    • Easy to learn, arm-based movement controls.
    • Permissions support.
    Known issues:

• Due to missing Bukkit hooks, the player must be holding an item to right click and move down in flying or submarine modes.
    • Also due to Bukkit issues, even if invincible permission is given, boats will still die on block collision. Nothing I can do to alleviate that at the moment, but rest assured, it will be fixed when possible!
    • Currently, it can be hard to start moving on land from a still position. Just keep jumping and moving, and it'll kick in. I'll fix this issue when I can!
    Controls:

SkyPirate is designed to be as easy to use as possible. To change modes, use the SkyPirates command detailed in the commands section of this post. If given the appropriate permissions, every time a player steps into a boat, the default mode will be enabled. Simply swing your arm to jump, and once on land, you will also be able to drive as normal.

Once in flying mode, use arm swings to fly up, and right clicks to head down. The boat controls are otherwise exactly the same. The only limitation, due to missing Bukkit hooks, is that one must be holding an item while right clicking to go down. An easy to learn control method, without breaking the flow of immersion.

While in submarine mode, the boat will automatically sink slowly towards the bottom. If given the infinite air permission (look below), you will never run out of air. To swim towards the surface, swing your arm in any direction. To drop faster, use right clicks.

Commands:
    Code:
    Please note: the '|' character means you can use the command before or after the
    '|', and they'll do the same thing. IE. /sp m p is the same as
    /skypirates mode plane.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky plane|p - switches to plane mode.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky submarine|sub|s - switches to submarine mode.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky hoverboat|hover|h - switches to hoverboat mode.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky glider|g - switches to glider mode.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky drill|d - switches to drill mode.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky (anything) - for normal mode.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky clear|c - clears all empty SkyPirates boats.
    /skypirates|skypi|sky help - lists available modes.
    Permissions:
    Code:
    skypirates.admin.invincible - stops damage to boats.
    skypirates.admin.clear - allows access to the clear command.
    skypirates.player.enable - enables default functions of SkyPirates. (jumping boat,
    mode change command access)
    skypirates.player.air - gives unlimited air while in submarine mode.
    skypirates.player.changemode - allows a player to change modes.
    skypirates.player.help - gives access to the help command
    skypirates.modes.plane - allows a player to change mode to plane.
    skypirates.modes.submarine - allows a player to change mode to submarine.
    skypirates.modes.hoverboat - allows player to change mode to hoverboat.
    skypirates.modes.glider - allows player to change mode to glider.
    skypirates.modes.drill- allows player to change mode to drill.
    skypirates.items.* - allows access to item abilities - detailed later in the post.
    Possible items are: obsidian, snowblock, diamonds, coal, and helmets.
    Use the names for specific items access.

Items:

Item abilities are special effects given to boats when certain items are held or used.
    • Obsidian (passive) - for admins who don't want to give invincible permission lightly. Will grant the same effects as the skypirates.admin.invincible permission when held.
    • Snowblock - right click with one in-hand to stop your boat and set throttle to 1x speed. Useful at high speeds!
    • Helmet (passive) - for admins who don't want to give unlimited air underwater to everyone. If a helmet is worn while underwater, a player will get unlimited air.
    • Coal (passive) - boosts jump height, fly height and hover height when held.
    • Diamonds - left clicking with these held will boost throttle, right click will lower it. You can't jump, fly or swim up and down at the same time though!
    Changelog (open)
    v1.2.4 - fixed some minor clicking glitches.
    v1.2.2 - fixed command only displaying in boats.
    v1.2 - bugfixes (super high flying), glider, drill mode.
    v1.11 - added clear command.
    v1.1: Added Hoverboat mode.
    v1.0: Initial release.
    Credits (open)
    Most major functionality is written by me, but people, either unknowingly or not, helped with the making of this plugin. Some credit must go to Afforess, some of whose Minecart Mania code I used as a starting point. The author of PickBoat too, for his damage boat code I used in an attempt to stop block collisions killing boats. The testers I pressganged into helping me deserve thanks, as does Redecouverte, whose boat turning and speed up code I adapted for my plugin. Lucagd, who came up with the idea for the name, wanted credit, so here it is.
    Video (open)
    Made by IAMWIN

Pictures (open)
    [​IMG]

It's been a great deal of fun working on this project. If you want more boat modes or other features, tell me! I'm always looking for great ideas, especially new item abilities.

2. Offline

Dennis Mattei

can some one show me how your pressmisons is configured cause mine is screwy which is sadly effecting the workings of this plugin

actually permissions doesn't work at all for my server. note that i do have spells wands uptime interests all running

3. Offline

AnubisReturns

is it possible to have the controls changed in a config? like having E/X to fly up and down for example

4. Offline

fullwall

To AnubisReturns: No, unfortunately that is impossible, as I cannot create listeners for key presses on your computer - I can only affect the server. To the permissions-troubled user: Could you post your permissions config.yml?

5. Offline

slinko

How do you get it on plane mode? I tried typing in /sp m p (which is probably wrong) but what is right?

P.S.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 12:51 AM ---
    sorry to waste you time if i am

6. Offline

den

/sp plane

Be aware you need to have the boat start off in water or plane mode won't work right. You also need to be in the boat before typing the command.

7. Offline

AnubisReturns

Hmm i can't seem to figure something out. Some of the boats work fine but some are buggy. One of the boats when I /sp p, and click, it launches very high into the air then falls back down rather than stay in the air. it also cannot submerge when i try to /sp s. However the boat next to it works fine.

8. Offline

fullwall

That is unusual :S. Can you reproduce it for multiple boats?

9. Offline

AnubisReturns

I was able to reproduce it. It was as Den said.
    If I place the boat on land, they will not work as intended. If they were placed in water then parked on land, they will work properly. This makes setting up my skyport tricky :/

10. Offline

Koribi

If I don't use my other Plugins on the server, SkyPirates works, but if I do use the other Plugin, no /sp commands works...

I use these Plugins: AntiBuild, ArrowTurrets, Elevators, Essentials, EssentialsBan, EssentialsHelp, EssentialsHome, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsTele, EssentialsWarp, Factions, iConomy, MonsterHunt, Permissions, SimpleShop, WarpGate, WorldEdit and SkyPirates-.-'

Using Win7 32 Bits, if that helps :)

11. Offline

Caid

I've been trying to get this to work, and am experiencing the same issues. The logs show that the plugin is loaded and there is also a message saying that permissions is not setup properly so all users can use all commands. However, no commands produce any results from the plugin. The logs just state that all sp commands are unknown.

2011-02-18 17:31:54 [SEVERE] [SkyPirates]: Nijikokuns' Permissions plugin isn't loaded, everyone can use all features.
    2011-02-18 17:31:54 [INFO] [SkyPirates]: version [1.11] (Barbary) loaded

2011-02-18 17:38:13 [INFO] user issued server command: sp help
    2011-02-18 17:38:13 [INFO] Unknown console command. Type "help" for help.

12. Offline

slinko

I'll try that. Thanks!!

13. Offline

fullwall

Still looking into permissions issues. However, can you guys please test this JAR for the super fast flying up bug? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6701575/SkyPirates.jar May be fixed, I haven't been able to reproduce it at least :).
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 5:56 AM ---
    Actually, can the person with the permissions issue retry as well?

14. Offline

ChrisProlls

The bug is fixed, but since I installed the patch, the backup of my server with the command / save-all does not work anymore ...
    And as soon as I put the old version the backup working again.

15. Offline

Daman

Could you create light around the boat in submarine mode? Or allow us to hold a torch or something and give the same effect?

16. Offline

Fuzzwolf

Guess who's building the Delphinus from Skys of Arcadia. :) Thanks for the plugin.

17. Offline

D34N

I had done all what you explain but i got an error

Code:
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.2_01
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.130.138.52:25565
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate us
    ernames. Beware.
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without
     internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any u
    sername they choose.
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the
     server.settings file.
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [INFO] Preparing level "rofllolo"
    2011-02-20 18:49:30 [INFO] Preparing start region
    Preparing spawn area: 20%
    Preparing spawn area: 44%
    Preparing spawn area: 60%
    Preparing spawn area: 89%
    LWC     [v1,53] Loading shared objects
    Config  [v1,53] Loaded 11 config entries
    LWC     [v1,53] Native library: lib/native/Windows/x86/sqlitejdbc.dll
    2011-02-20 18:49:35 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.0] (Handler) loaded
    20.02.2011 18:49:35 org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager loadPlugins
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Could not load plugins\SkyPirates.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:83)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:82)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:43)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.fullwall.SkyPirates.SkyPirates.<
    init>(org.bukkit.plugin.PluginLoader, org.bukkit.Server, org.bukkit.plugin.Plugi
    nDescriptionFile, java.io.File, java.io.File, java.lang.ClassLoader)
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:79)
            ... 8 more

18. Offline

fullwall

You need the new version of craftbukkit from jenkins.lukegb.com (build 51)

19. Offline

spoonikle

looking at this makes me want mine cart cars for my RP, ones that can only be used by the owner.

making those long walks through the city streets not so long with a user controllable Mine CAR. maybe i will try that next.... i would rather have a Mine cart be a car than a boat, i would also want the Car to not be able to climb one block up, but instead need "road" (half steps) to go up hill.

OMG i just thought of a wicked awsome idea!! i should make a Minecraft venice!!! with water roads and crap! though it would be more like water 7. as long as i could make boats unbreakable via world collision.

20. Offline

chancecarey

I have full command over my server, (* in permissions) yet commands do not work.
    /sp help does nothing, nor do the others

Chance

21. Offline

fullwall

Please post craftbukkit build, server log and permissions config.yml.

22. Offline

kexus

Awesome! Maybe make it so if you left-click with tnt it launches one, and right-clicking makes it drop one, so you can make tanks and bombers! Or if you hold an arrow, you can make it shoot arrows.

23. Offline

fullwall

Awesome idea! I shall implement when I have time - still have to update MonsterTamer first.
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 11:16 AM ---
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6701575/SkyPirates.jar
    Could someone test this - added preliminary arrow/tnt shooting support. Instructions for testing: have the permission skypirates.items.arrow and try rightclicking while in boat. Report results. Have permission skypirates.planes.tnt. Switch to plane mode, fly up a bit, right click with tnt. Report results.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:17 AM ---
    Has anyone tested this?

24. Offline

Tenks

i have AutoRepair, Essentials, GroupManager with the Fake Permissions, WorldEdit, and WorldGuard running on my server. When I try to use your plugin and use /sp command, its wanting to use the Super Pickaxe from one of the other plugins. Is there a way you would be able to change this command shotcut to like /skyp or something like that so its more specific to your plugin and prevent his from happening with any other updates?

25. Offline

fullwall

The command is /sp or its /skypi (anything).

26. Offline

Tenks

Thanks, that does work wonderfully, awesome!

27. Offline

fullwall

Can you test the arrows/tnt from the earlier post?

28. Offline

Tenks

I would if Minecraft.net wasnt down. Cant even connect to a localhost server. So dumb

29. Offline

Andre_9796

I've got the same problem. Notch is working on his Website atm. I hope this will be fixed in a few hours.

30. Offline

tdizzle

I tested it as an admin, so didn't mess with permissions. TNT seems to spawn a tnt block as if you had dropped it with q. Sometimes it would fall next to me and I'd pick it up, so at first I thought it was just giving me a block in my inventory. When I managed to avoid picking the tnt up mid-air, it would fall to the ground in pick-uppable form (a la "q" key). About 2 times out of 100 I heard explosions soon after, but it might have been a creeper.

Arrows seemed to work ok when I managed to not right-click on the boat and dismount. Sometimes I managed to shoot the boat and blow it to pieces.

31. i'm now getting this error

Code:
    16:29:33 [SCHWERWIEGEND] PLAYER_COMMAND loading SkyPirates v1.11 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_COMMAND
            at com.fullwall.SkyPirates.SkyPirates.onEnable(SkyPirates.java:42)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

...running on bukkit 457jnks.

Looks like this plugin is now broken ;/