[INACTIVE][MECH] Redstone sponges! v0.6 - Makes sponges react to redstone! [440]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mattie112, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Mattie112

Redstone sponges! - Makes sponges react to redstone!

Version:
    v0.6 - Download
    v0.45 - Download
    v0.4 - Download
    v0.3 - Download
    v0.25 - Download
    v0.2 - Download
    Source-Code is inside the jar-file!

In Short:

This plugin allows to let sponges react to redstone! (oh and it also let the sponges work like in the classic MC)
    A sponge with NO power == a sponge and sucksup (default) 3 block of water/lava, however apply a redstone current to it and it stops to work! So letting all water/lava trough! You can also choose any id you want the sponge to convert into (and even use wool-colours)

Features:
    • Sponges remove water and lava (3 blocks by default)
    • A unpowered sponge works like a sponge!
    • A powered does NOT remove any water
    • Think of the nice things you can make :) shower, 'door', traps, ...
    Config file:

Config file (open)

This is the default config file created by the plugin:
    Code:
    #Minecraft bukkit server plugin properties
    #RedstoneSponge Plugin!
    #Sun Feb 06 17:53:58 CET 2011
    convert-id=35
    water-sponge=true
    redstone-sponge=true
    convert-when-powered=false
    sponge-radius=3
    lava-sponge=true
    wool-colour=YELLOW

convert-id -> let you choose the ID you want the sponge to convert to.
    water-sponge -> enables or disables the water-sponge.
    redstone-sponge -> enables or disables redstone support.
    convert-when-powered -> set this to 'true' to let the sponge convert to any ID you choose!
    sponge-radius -> the radius of the sponge :) (note the sponge counts as 1)
    lava-sponge -> enables or disables the lava-sponge
    wool-colour -> if you choose convert-id 35 then you can set the colour of the wool you want!

Available colours:

WHITE, ORANGE, MAGENTA, LIGHTBLUE, YELLOW, LIME, PINK, GRAY, LIGHTGRAY, CYAN, PURPLE, BLUE, BROWN, GREEN, RED,
    BLACK

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • Releasing of the plugin
    Version 0.2

• You can now place redstone UNDER and ON TOP of the sponge/wool
    • It only converts YELLOW wool
    • java-code improved :)
    Version 0.3

• Added serveral extra options in the config file
    • Sponge stays sponge, no need to convert to cloth
    • Used the new "isBlockPowered()" instead of checking if there is any redstone near the sponge (better performance)
    Version 0.4

• Several fixes: automatic config file creation, debug messages, not-converting cloth
    • You can now set "convert" to true or false to choose what you want!
    • You can now choose the ID you want the sponge to convert to
    • If you choose ID 35 (wool) you can set the wool-color ("YELLOW,LIME,...")
    Version 0.45

• Fix for bukkit 293!
    Version 0.6

• Fixed for #440
    • Removed the stupid long blah blah blah...
    Todo:

• Not just convert to cloth but set the range to 0 or something 
    • Add config file to change the range
    • Let the users decide what range on power (0 default) and what on unpowered (3 by default)
    Bugs:

• Placing a redsone-torch ON the block WILL power it. However removing the torch doesn't seem to generate a event so the block will NOT convert back to sponge. Redstone on the side should work fine though, aswell as a lever on any side.
    edit:

Feel free to copy/paste/use my code (just include my name "Matthijs/Mattie112" somewhere in the source) (basicley this licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ will add this in the source)

2. Offline

ACTruncale

Dude this sounds like a cool thing for water and lava gates!

I'll try this out later

3. Offline

Tsurara

This looks oddly familiar.

4. Offline

Mattie112

I still need to add some comment to the code ofcource i got a huge amount of information from sk89q (will add his name!) however its nog 100% copy/paste.
    Oh and WorldGuard does not have lava-support i've added that aswell.
    The redstone support is 100% NOT from someone else except some help from topics on this forum i did everything by myself

edit:

oh and i made this plugin because a friend of mine (SuperMonkey) asked if i could ask sk89q to implement redstone support. He said: i'll look into that (see: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/wo...ges-block-fire-creepers.790/page-9#post-15218) But i was thinking: hey i can programm java so why not try to make a plugin myself :)

5. Offline

Drakonas

The download link seems to be offline. Could you please fix?

6. Offline

Mattie112

Yeah sorry, I'm currentley in the datacenter restoring the broken harddrive. It should work in a couple of hours!

7. Offline

Nate204

Yep =( Broken link
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 5:43 PM ---
    Saw the update..... darn
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 5:19 AM ---
    Testing now! =D
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 7:35 AM ---
    Ok, I can't get this working.

It turns to cloth, but it wont turn back.
    Also, It removes the water for a few seconds, and then the water flows and fills on the removed water. Odd

8. Offline

Mattie112

Perhaps it's broken with a bukkit update. Wich version are you using?

9. Yeah, 90% of the time the cloth won't turn back into sponge. Also, could you add an option to change it into something other than cloth? It's very flammable...

10. Offline

Mattie112

Ok, i think i can add the option so you can change the material. However i'm currentley sick so i won't be doing it today. i hope i can do it tomorrow!

11. Offline

goldfinch

Fantastic plugin. I use BlockDrops to make sand drop sponges and then this to make sponges have a use. Really makes the game more interesting, I can finally control water.

12. I hope you're feeling better.

13. Offline

MatCat

This working fine on b186?

14. Offline

Mattie112

Oh, i'm really sorry i didn't reply. I was sick for a long time but i will update it tomorow ;)

What do you prefere:

- a option to choose witch block it should turn in
    or
    - a sponge that does not change
    ?

(or perhaps i can add both :p)

15. Both.
    Or release two versions.

16. Offline

Mattie112

Just a little update.
    I changed the plugin so it stays a sponge :)
    http://upload.mattie-systems.nl/uploads/96012-redstonesponge.jar
    I'm currentley working on something to choose if you want to convert (and an option to set the id you want) or if you want to keep the sponge).
    However i don't know if i can fix it today. If not i'll do it first thing tomorrow!

note: the version in the url contains some debug-messages. If i don't finish today i'll upload one without messages!
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 5:08 PM ---
    Quick release:
    http://upload.mattie-systems.nl/uploads/5527-redstonesponge.jar

NEW:
    -extra options in the config file (delete it and it will create a new one)
    -possible to change if you want to keep sponge or use convert (atm it converts to yellow wool)

not done yet (i have added the options in the config file):
    -convert-id change
    - if convert-id is wool, set wool-colour

Unfortunatley i don't have time right no to properly test it so it may still contain some bugs or debug messages. I use it with craftbukkit 223 so it should work with any new version :)

I will finish it tomorow and make a good description of the config file!

let me know what you think, and if you find any bugs!!

17. Offline

b00paul

I love the concept, and will test the "newer" versions as soon as I get a chance. However, for the future, could you please put the changes/current version/date/etc. in your original post? So we have a general place to look for current changes or what not.

Thank you kindly!!! Will test it out asap and let ya know :p
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 5:45 PM ---
    Okay. We downloaded the 5527 one, and it seems to kill the redstone thats powering it whenever we power it.

For example, if I (to test) place a redstone torch on top of the sponge, which owuld give it power, it just pops right off.

Console says it is powered, then not lol.

Any ideas?
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 6:09 PM ---
    mmmk with further evaluation, I found that you cant put the redstone on top. It has to be on the sides >.>

Works like that! Awesome!!! :D

18. Offline

Rednax

I found a strange issue.
    There HAVE to be two pieces of redstone dust between the sponge and a redstone torch. If there is only one piece or more than 2 the block will not change to sponge anymore.
    I did not test anything with other sources than a torch (lever/buttons).

I hope this wil help to find the bug.

19. Offline

Chuxor

There is a varying use of case in the code used to find the properties file and create it/directories. This doesn't jive well in linux and caused problems in self creation. Was able to fix by creating a Plugins/RedstoneSponge directory to fix the catch and the RedStoneSponge directory inside of the real plugins directory for the properties file. Fix would be to use the string 'plugins/RedstoneSponge' in both instances. Other than that, perfection!

20. Offline

Mattie112

A Quick reply

@b00paul

The redstone on top-bug is just a quick-and-dirty solution to force the water to "update" (set to air, then set to sponge). However i did find a solution for this when it was version 0.2 so i'll fix this ;)

Oh and i will update the first post tomorrow when 0.3 is 'finished' (so when it's 0.4 :p), i just forget it this time:p

@Rednax

Strange, i'll try to reproduce!

@Chuxor

Thank you, i did not test this release on linux but the previous did work on my server. I guess i excedentley changed something I will look into this!

21. Offline

Bidoc

okay what the heck am i missing? where's the download?

22. Offline

ZeroDPS

just a note...
    I am not able to change the settings because every time the plugin loads it overrides the current file... the console shows this message

2011-02-05 21:46:06 [INFO] RedstoneSponge Config-file does not exists... creating...

even though the file is there and if i make a change, it "creates" the file anyways and only defaults will work.

-Zero

23. Offline

Mattie112

24. Offline

ZeroDPS

I am on windows, so i assume it happens on both since you found it on linux :)

Thanks for this plugin by the way, will make for some nice water gates and fun building

-Zero

25. Offline

Mattie112

26. Offline

Wrath2k11

Best version for now :D

27. Offline

Mattie112

Updated the start-post, i included the default-generated config file so you don't need to re-generate it when you upgrade. If you are missing any information please let me know and i'll update it!

(and ofcource: reporting bugs is really appreciated)

28. Ok, I found that if I were to set the thing the sponge changes into to something, then put down a bock of that type and power it, it turns into a sponge.

29. Offline

Mattie112

True, i dont "save" the location of sponges so there is no way for the plugin to know if a block is converted or not. In my opinion the 'convert' option is just somekind of bug because i couldn't let it stay a sponge in the previous version. I don't know if more people consider this a problem? If anyone has suggestions on how to handle this it would be appreciated.

The only thing i can think off is to store the location of a sponge in a text file, when someone want to convert a block the plugin checks the file to see if it was a sponge and only then convert it back to sponge.