[INACTIVE][MECH] rBorder v0.3 - Simple, Circular Borders [677]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Reil, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Reil

rBorder - simple, circular map border
    Version: v0.2

Lets you create multiple circular borders on a per-world basis. Simple, efficient, elegant.​

Features:
    • Set a circular border centered around the spawnpoint of adjustable radius.
    • The lightest you can get -- optimized to make the fewest/cheapest calculations possible.

plugins/rBorder/config.yml:
    Code:
    borderalert: You have reached the border!
    borders:
        Border1centeredonspawn:
            world: world
            radius: 1400
       Namedoesntmatter:
           world: world
           radius: 50
           x: 250
           z: 100
       Tonetherwithit:
          world: nether
          radius: 400

Made to be as lightweight and resource anorexic as possible. Will probably not be adding many more features outside of a basic command to modify/reload the two properties.

Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Altogether new properties file. Can define multiple borders, borders are per-world.
    Version 0.2_1
    • Fixed properties file not saving properly. Fixed check for teleportation. Added check and message for logging in outside border. Added check for vehicle movement.
    Version 0.1
    • Original release.

2. Offline

phondeux

I rebuilt it using the provided source code for bukkit build 439. Seems to work fine and I'm rolling it out on my server.

rBorders

3. Offline

Lunar Delta

Nope, doesn't load.

It sucks that there are no working border plugins at the moment. My server's map is pregenerated and very enormous, I don't need it growing any larger.

4. Offline

tekac

Confirmed. Does not load for me at all

5. Offline

KrisEike

SOMEONE, PLEASE UPDATE THIS PLUGIN! =(

I really need it!

6. Offline

Brettflan

If all else fails, you can always try BorderGuard Lite's "Round Border" version.

7. Offline

Landmine

Well since it looks like this mod is dead, any easy way to get BorderGuard Lite's "Round Border" version to work using spawn as the center?

8. Offline

Gonzo0193

This mod works perfectly with 440, great plugin :)

9. Offline

Brettflan

If you read its thread, you'll see that the /setborder command centers on wherever you're standing when you use it. So, stand in the center of the spawn and use it.

The main shortcoming of rBorder currently (even updated slightly and recompiled to work with newer versions) is that it doesn't support multiple worlds.

10. Offline

DJ_Idol

So, if there anyway you could add a feature where say, 100 blocks before the border, reload on x days, hours, etc.? Or is there another plugin that does that?

11. Offline

AmazingHayman

Doesn't work with #457.

12. Offline

KrisEike

Finally an update.. Now i can stop this stupid "exploring in one direction" once and for all.

Kris

13. Offline

SweetCraft Girl

457 is not a recommended build.

Why do people not stick to recommended builds and then bug plugin makers to pursuit the same inane logic is beyond me.

THIS is a HUGE problem with bukkit - compiling anything their finger twitches over - and then Admins scooping up these usually broken releases and asking plug-in devs to gear their plug-in towards that code.

ITS NOT A RECOMMENDED BUILD - WHY DO YOU EVEN USE IT OR WANT PLUG-IN MAKERS TO ADD TO THE CHAOS BY DEVELOPING FOR IT.

14. Offline

zergilng

Code:
    13:18:49 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\rBorder.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.reil.bukkit.rBorder.BorderPlugin
    .<init>()
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:75)
            ... 8 more
    i'm using build #493 T.T

15. Offline

Blocksberg

Same here, I'd like to see this plugin fixed :)

16. Offline

Reil

What an odd break. I've rebuilt it against the latest Craftbukkit, but haven't had the chance to test it on my server (still on 450). Anyone feel like trying it? :3

17. Offline

Blocksberg

Uh, no error on server start, but when I hit the border I get spammed with the "You hit the border" message and this gets spammed in the server.log:
    Code:
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:270)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleportTo(CraftPlayer.java:171)
            at com.reil.bukkit.rBorder.rBorderListener.onPlayerTeleport(rBorderListener.java:39)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at com.reil.bukkit.rBorder.rBorderListener.onPlayerTeleport(rBorderListener.java:39)

Couldn't even move anymore, nor stop the server (it just kept spamming that error) so I had to kill the CraftBukkit process (#493).

18. Offline

Reil

Oooh, I know what's going on here. INFINITE RECURSION. The onPlayerMove's event has both bad to and from coordinates. Must make a fallback for this.

19. Offline

QQCucumber

If you could, allow us to set the center coordinate to something other than the spawnpoint. I just want to center my border on 0,0,0 so I don't have to worry about where I put the spawn point.

20. Offline

KrisEike

Ok, having a VERY annoying issue:

When someone reaches the border, they get SPAMMED with "You've reached the border!" and the server gets a HUGE lag, then disconnects the player on the border. This happens EVERY time they hit the border.. Why does this happen? =/

Kris
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 10:12 PM ---
    Ok, this is pissing me off.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20941701/rbordererror.png

It spammed the server console forever, i had to force-stop it, not saving a damn shit. THis happens once someone goes to the border, wtf is going on?

21. Offline

Blocksberg

I already pointed this out and Reil already knows what's going on (I just hope he's fixing it anytime soon). Read the last three posts.

22. Offline

Reil

Yeah. =S Bukkit API isn't working as planned; I've gone and tried to poke at things, but haven't had a chance to test it yet. If Bukkit's fixed itself, then this plugin will work once I upload it.

Next update will include:
    - Proper border working again! (yay)!
    - Drops the use of the old properties file (boo?)
    - Uses new config.yml format that supports multiple borders across multiple worlds! (yay!)

23. Offline

Kartus

Reil how much does the plugin check all movements on server? every second?
    is it less performance taking than "BorderGuard Lite" or the border from "EpicZones"?

24. Offline

Reil

It checks on the onPlayerMove, though it avoids more costly multiplication/compares for simple if-statements. I don't know how BorderGuard Lite checks for things, but I can certainly say that EpicZones will eat more performance given that it checks for many borders with many non-border-y options across groups. That is, EpicZones has more features, and will take up more processing time to do things.

Keep in mind that the download posted right now isn't really functional!

25. Offline

wolves

Any idea when this version is going to come out? Really need this one

26. Offline

Brettflan

Reil, I hope you don't mind, but I'm planning to release a new border plugin in the next few days and for the round border variety I decided to use nearly an exact copy of your border detection code due to its elegance and thriftiness. Is that OK with you? My source will be (and actually is already) up on GitHub as well.

EDIT: with Reil's approval on the use of his round border detection code, I've made my new plugin available:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/worldborder-617.11309/

27. Offline

Reil

WorldBorder seems to be a rather solid piece of work. Recommended. :3

That said, I'm pushing out again!

Multiple borders which are world specific: You can specify zero, one, or more 'circles' for each world, and the player is in the clear if he's inside any of them.

New format~

Fun fact: Adding multiple border support only incurs extra processing overhead if you actually use more than one border on a given world. If you use just one per world, this will give pretty much the exact same performance as before.

28. Offline

Plague

you state you updated, but I still see 617

29. Offline

Reil

That was still within the bounds, I thought, but either way, it's updated now. :3

30. Offline

EmanuxJade

isn't load :(

31. Offline

Reil

You mean it doesn't load? How so?