[INACTIVE][MECH] Quantum Circuits v0.8.3 - Remote control redstone via signs [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ne0nx3r0, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

This plugin has been replaced with
    Quantum Connectors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quantum Circuits v0.8.3 [733][INACTIVE]

Simplify redstone designs by remotely controlling your levers with a sign.

*0.7 - Added "qon" and "qoff" circuits (whenever they receive power, they always turn the receiver on/off respectively)
    *0.6 - Added "qlag/a/b" toggle
    *0.4 - Added quantum toggles, the same usage as quantum circuits, but the first line needs to read "qtoggle", every time it receives power after not having power it will toggle the lever. Great for toggles and memory cells!

Download
    Source Code

Usage:
    Show Spoiler

Step 1 - place a lever where you want to remote control
    Step 2 - Holding some redstone click on the lever
    Step 3 - Place a sign with the first line labeled either quantum/qtoggle
    Step 4 - Click on the sign with some redstone to transfer the coordinates
    Step 5 - Whenever the redstone near the sign receives power, your lever will too!

qlag Usage:
    Show Spoiler

Same as other toggles, except format is: qlag/a/b, where a = on lag time in seconds, and b = off lag time in seconds

So, qlag/2/10

Would create a circuit that turns on two seconds after the sender receives power, and turns off 10 seconds after it loses power.

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Version 0.8.3
    • Bug fix for signs with less than 4 characters
    Version 0.8.2
    • Minor tweaks, [possible] bug fix
    Version 0.8.1
    • Bug fix with 'qon', etc toggling when a circuit is already on
    Version 0.8
    • Mainly tweaks, bug fixes, different flow though.
    Version 0.7
    • Added qon, qoff circuits
    Version 0.6
    • Added qlag circuit
    Version 0.5.1
    • Fixed bug with empty hand throwing a null error
    Version 0.5
    • Added transferring coordinates with redstone
    Version 0.4
    • Added quantum toggles
    Version 0.3
    • Fixed bug with negative XYZ cords
    Version 0.2
    • Added support for signs underneath redstone

Do you like this plugin? Click like so I know! ; )

2. Offline

zonedabone

I also have another idea that I'd be happy to implement once the doors and qreverse get pulled into the trunk. It would be nice to have some sort of permissions system compatible with this plugin. What should probably be done is for it to be added but have an option for it that is default set to no. That way people could use it if they wanted to but if they didn't (as would normally be the case) they would just leave it as is and everyone would be given access. I think that making the plugin fully compatible with people's systems is what will take it from being an awesome plugin to whatever comes after that.

EDIT: I was bored so I added permissions with node quantum.use, with a backup of ops-only. It's optional, and defaults to off in the config. I uploaded a build of all of my changes to my github fork here. P.S. You need to include the latest permissions jar file in the build path now. It should work with 2.x or 3.x. I used the api guide from 3.x but I tested it on my server running 2.x, win win!

3. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to play with this too much, I still need to test a few things. Seems cool though.

One note - I think quantum.use isn't very good nomenclature, something like quantumcircuit.create would be more appropriate.

Also the qreverse is a good idea, though you seem to have left it out of the conditionals in the player listener, so I don't think people will be able to set these up. (at least not without doing it manually)

I've been meaning to rewrite a few things into this plugin, but I'll definitely include your ideas and changes in it.

4. Offline

maetthew

Looks like a great plugin!

I was wondering if this works on 818, any reports on that?

edit: Seems to work fine with 818 :)

Is it possible to make this plugin so that when the redstone -> sign is powered off, my lever is also powered off?

For instance, if I have a pressure plate that powers the sign. When I step on the plate, my lever activates, when I step off the plate, my lever deactivates

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  5. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

That is how the standard quantum circuit works - I use a setup like that for the door to my house on my server. You just put the sign under the block that's under your pressure plate.

6. Offline

maetthew

Is this on MC 1.6.6 and CB 818?

When I try to do something similar, it just opens when I step on pressure plate, when I get off nothing happens. I have to step on again to make it close. Do I have to use some kind of timer?

edit* Didn't realise the qon/qoff commands. Made it autoclose after a delay with redstone repeaters. But again, I would like it to open when i step on, and close when I step off

7. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

That's what quantum should do, it should match the receiver all the time. I'll play with this tonight and see if there isn't a bug someplace, but I'm running 818 on my server.

8. Offline

maetthew

Yes of course. But it seems when I step off a pressure plate, it does not transmit off to the receiver.

I'm not sure if I made this clear earlier but I am getting a bit confused(been up over 24hrs :S) so I thought I make it even more clearer what I mean :)
    Set up:
    - Receiver connected to a door
    - Transmitter connected to a pressure plate
    1. I step on the pressure plate = door opens
    2. I step off pressure plate = no change
    3. I step on the pressure plate = door closes
    Is it supposed to act this way? I figured it should close it self on step 2 (when I step off). But perhaps this is the intended way it should work and I have to create something more to transmit off when I step off a pressure plate?

9. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

That's the way a qtoggle circuit should work, but quantum should work the way you expect... I'll have to see what I find out tonight when I get home.

10. Offline

zonedabone

Oh. I guess I did leave a few things out. I'll add the player listener in. =)

P.S. This is tested and working with build 839, so you can update the title, which might bring more people to try this awesome plugin.

EDIT: Have you checked out my pull request yet? I'm sure you'll like how the plugin works now. In the interest of making this available to people, I may submit my changes as a different plugin if it isn't integrated soon.

11. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

Sorry, the last few days have been a bit nuts for me; as I sort of alluded to I've been working on a rewrite for this plugin, Quantum Connectors, which I -think- I'll be maintaining instead of this one, assuming there is not any issue so large that I decide to revert back to this.

Let me take a look at your pull again and see if it's been updated to fix those issues.

12. Offline

zonedabone

Oh, wow. That new one is much better. Nevermind my commits. Looks like it's all there in the new version.