[INACTIVE][MECH] NoEscape 1.0 - Anti-teleport and prisoner/jail system for Towny [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SwearWord, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

SwearWord

Plugin: NoEscape
    Version: 1.0

Made this before the Towny source was released and have been having a lot of fun with it on my server and I figured I'd release it. If you run the Towny plugin this addon will add a few features.

Firstly, it disables all teleporting in unfriendly towns, no more hit and run tactics.

Second, when a player is killed in an unfriendly town, he will be sent to their prison.

Third, when a defending player is killed in his own town, he is "kidnapped" and sent to his killer's jail.

Fourth, a jailed teammate can be rescued if a friendly player is withing 5 blocks of them. The jailed player needs to type /escape and will be teleported to the rescuer.

Demo:
    Server-Address: opencraft.tk

Commands:
    /townjail - a mayor can issue this to set their town jail
    /escape - attempt to teleport to a teammate within 5 blocks.

Download
    Here

Features:
    • Disables teleport in foriegn towns.
    • Killed players are captured as prisoners of war, both offense and defense.
    • Prisoned players can be rescued by nearby teammates.
    Changelog:
    • Initial Release

maetthew likes this.
  2. Oi :D

3. Offline

Ghostetr

okay here it is
    Code:
    2011-06-17 12:29:19 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\NoEscape.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:172)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:194)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:109)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:345)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:247)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:678)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:671)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ca/xshade/bukkit/towny/NotRegisteredException
        at com.SwearWord.NoEscape.NoEscape.<init>(NoEscape.java:29)
        ... 22 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.NotRegisteredException
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 23 more

4. Offline

SwearWord

@Ghostetr

Are you using the latest Towny?

5. Offline

Ghostetr

6. Offline

fatmarley

Ive still got the same issue. Just wont work for me and my mayors are crying for this.

7. Offline

SwearWord

@fatmarley
    I have no idea whats wrong, then again the Fuzze may have changed something in the code. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to try the version of Towny running on my server which I have uploaded below.

www.opencraft.tk/Towny.jar

8. Offline

fatmarley

I wish i could but i am using the one that was editted to work with herochat.

9. Offline

SwearWord

Mine works with hero chat. Or do you mean the prefixes are set. Can you try it temporarily?

10. Offline

fatmarley

I used your file for towny and the new noescape.jar. Same error.

Thanks anyways.

11. Offline

Orcem12

If you are using default commands you must download the developer build, default commands used to not work with towny but now does.

12. Offline

SwearWord

@Orcem12
    What is default commands.

13. Offline

Orcem12

14. Offline

Narmotur

Hey, nifty plugin! Are you planning to release the source at all (or maybe you did and I missed it)? I don't really trust my players to not abuse the hell out of this mechanic (and I can't blame them), but I think a happy compromise for my server would be a command that lets mayors (maybe assistants too) send people somewhere (back to spawn or something...) if they are in town and not a member. Sort of an eject function. I really dread digging into Towny's source but maybe I could get some ideas from how you do it? Really cool plugin though, I can see how it could be awesome!

15. Offline

SwearWord

@Narmotur
    I can upload the source later if you want. I think I'm going to quit working on this plugin...my server has moved away from Towny. This plugin isn't too complex, I made it before Towny's source was even released.

@Narmotur
    I also realized that /townjail doesn't have to be done on town land :p
    You can have all your mayors do /townjail somewhere.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

NotYetRated

What are you using in place of towny?

17. Offline

SwearWord

We actually still use Towny but with just one massive city made up of interconnected towns.

18. Offline

cpalms

19. Offline

SwearWord

@cpalms
    I help work on Community Edition.

I stopped using this plugin on my server but I tested it a few days ago and it works.

20. Offline

cpalms

I
    I just tried it on my server, wasn't getting any errors or anything but the /townjail command wasn't even being registered and the .jar wasn't even loaded by the server.

Could it be because I'm using PermissionsEX ?

21. Offline

Devboi

How does this just NOT work, I have tried with every new version of towny that has come out and every time I get:

2011-07-15 10:09:31 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\NoEscape.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:199)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:122)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ca/xshade/bukkit/towny/NotRegisteredException
    at com.SwearWord.NoEscape.NoEscape.<init>(NoEscape.java:29)
    ... 13 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.NotRegisteredException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    ... 14 more

This Would would perfectly on my server but I just don't seem to get it to work, and yes I have all the most recent versions of everything :D

22. Offline

footwo

Having a problem. The plugin successfully jails enemies in a town but does not allow them to /escape when their townmates are near. Anyone else having this? No exceptions are thrown, it just replies to the player with /escape on the chat bar:

[​IMG]

Apparently I can also set a jail outside of my town.

Any ideas?

I hear that. It would be so good if it actually did all of the things it claimed to. For me it loads fine and blocks teleporting in towns, but the jailing aspect is totally broken.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  23. Offline

Devboi

What is the minimap plugin you use?

24. Offline

SwearWord

@Plague
    Best if you could completely remove it but if not make it inactive.