[INACTIVE][MECH] MySignEdit V1.3 [493][support CButD]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jordanske, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Offline

jordanske

Hey guys i finally ported my plugin SignEdit to bukkit! i Renamed to MySignEdit:D
    [​IMG]
    twitter to check for new versions and plugins!
    [​IMG]
    support this plugin :D
    Code:
    [url=http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-mysignedit-v1-2.1436/][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6884/mysignedit.png[/img][/url]
    Introduction:
    with MySignEdit, u can easly change/clear the text of a sign.

Installing:
    put the MySignEdit.jar in the plugin folder.

How to use:

To change/clear SignText:
    use /mse <line number (1,2,3,4)> <text>
    for save/loading a text :
    point to the sign
    /save [name] <o> o is optional, use it to overwrite older saves
    /load [name]
    For Colors:
    use the colorcodes in the text field
    example : /mse 1 $4 red and $1blue

download:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22157250/MySignEdit.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    V1.2 - Colors added!
    V1.1 - Added save- load function
    V1.0 - MySignEdit Release!

Found bugs or u have suggestions!
    reply:D
    and i need some feedback:p
    Follow Me On Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/jordanske
    its 85% about my plugins and server, 10% for answering qeustions! and little 5% of my life!

bump need feedback :p bugs etc?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    Mahngiel likes this.
  2. Offline

jordanske

there is no protection for editing signs regions etc but il try to add it next update!

3. Offline

Enzy

i get an error Sign_change and it disables some of worldgaurds features

4. Offline

Teckie

Plugin semi-works. Can't seem to get $colours working on my server, but I have a lot of plugins installed.

5. Offline

jordanske

soon i will back updating my plugins :D

6. Offline

jordanske

i don't have time the last days, problems with school etc.
    i hope i can update it soon :D
    can someone test it for me? on newest version of bukkit?

7. Offline

Klinny

I just tested this on CraftBukkit version #432 with Minecraft 1.3 and it seems to be working just fine. I can edit the lines, change colors, and save/load without any problems.

Thanks for this mod, by the way! I love it :D

8. Offline

.$pIrit

And thx for stealing code jordanske. Thats just professional

9. Offline

Kevin Forte

Hello, I have been sent by my cmd prompt to ask you to post the update source for your plugin here. (Links to the CraftBukkitUpToDate plugin forum, apparently the dev implemented plugin updating)
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 3:25 AM ---
    Also, if I'm not mistaken, this plugin is broken on the most recent versions of CB.

10. Offline

koneko

Hi there! Thanks for your work on this plugin. ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing even more interesting updates for it. I love being able to edit signs on the fly! However, I still have to delve into all the customization options. At a quick glance, they seem a tad daunting to memorize. x.x

In the meantime, just wanted to pass along some basic feedback from my first experiences with the plugin.

a) Stupidly Long Constructor issues w/ Bukkit:
    2011-02-28 11:29:40 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.bukkit.Jordanske.MySignEdit.MySignEdit(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File,
    File, ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of MySignEdit to remove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)

b) One issue I've encountered thus far is that despite standing in front of the sign with my cross-hairs perfectly aligned to the sign and nothing in the way, there are times when it cannot detect the sign. As I understand it, the code for this purpose is also utilized in another person's plugin (Inventory Sort), and it is having the same problem finding chests. One thing I noticed is that when a torch is nearby, it seems to interfere, even if the torch isn't 'selected' (the faint box around it showing it can be interacted with). Removing the nearby torch will oftentimes 'clear up' the issue.

Hope this helps and thanks again! Looking forward to seeing more updates to come!

11. Offline

jordanske

i will update my plugin soon,
    @koneko
    what u mean with
    "and it is having the same problem finding chests."
    mysignedit does nothing with chest
    and what about the torch ? the box? its normal in minecraft...

12. Offline

_Savior_

Very good plugin and i have not even tried it yet, it is simple and easy. Just update soon please. [​IMG]

13. Offline

koneko

You apparently have a java script that uses the target of what you are looking at, specifically "TargetBlock.java." It is used in another plugin as well called InventorySort. The maker credited using your targeting code. I was trying to point out that sometimes the code has issues targeting a sign (or chest in the other plugin) even when you are clearly targeting it. For example, I typically have to be on the "same level" as the object, not below or above by more than one block. Also, if a torch is nearby and "in front" within a couple blocks, the plugin also has issues targeting. I was just wanting to give feedback on my experience thus far. Otherwise, I have loved using the plugin overall. :)

14. Offline

jordanske

@koneko
    i will contact the maker of "InventorySort" and discuss with him how to fix it.

15. Offline

koneko

I wish you the best! Let me know if I can help test anything. :)

16. Offline

koneko

Problems:
    New recommended build for CraftBukkit is build 493. As of this update, MySignEdit causes errors upon loading the server.

Code:
    11:35:31 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\MySignEdit.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.bukkit.Jordanske.MySignEdit.MySi
    gnEdit.<init>()
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:75)
            ... 8 more

17. Offline

jordanske

updated to 493

18. Offline

ThomasJ

Cannot seem to get this working with 552. Should be no plugin breaking changes between 552 and 531 (recommended build)

Could be due to the sign exploit fixes between 493 and 531 perhaps?

19. Offline

Jelle

There is one thing i really want:
    When u right click at a sign, u can edit it.

Very simple, but really useful, do u think u can add that?

20. Offline

HungryBagel

Well, there's no way to put text into the sign-editing screen automatically, so I believe the only way would be to create a new sign in that spot and pop up a blank sign screen.

Even then, however, I'm not sure if there's any way to make that sign screen appear, it seems like a client thing.

21. Offline

Juze

Please update to latest RB for releases.