[INACTIVE][MECH] Linked v0.1 - Connect chests [493]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mythmon, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

mythmon

Linked - Link together chests:
    Version: 0.1
    Testing on: Bukkit 493

Connects multiple chests together into groups. Opening a member of the group will show the same inventory as opening any other member of the group, even if the chests are separated by great distances.

Currently there is no persistence involved in the chests, so if the server restarts, or the plugin is disabled/unloaded, all items in the virtual chest will be lost.

If a chest has items in it, and is then linked, its items are inaccesible, but not lost - when the link is removed the items will still be there.

Please consider this plugin unstable, and only suitable for messing around / testing at this point. If you do test it, please let me know how it goes!

Features:
    • Connects multiple chests together, to a single double-chest sized inventory.
    • Works with multiple users accessing any chests simultaneously.
    • Chests can be unlinked manually, or automatically when they are destroyed.
    Downloads
    Download The Test Plugin - Linked v0.1
    Source Code on Github

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • Public release. It works, at a basic level.
    Todo
    • Support for permissions.
    • Support for persistence. Currently the contents of virtual inventories are lost if the plugin is reload or the server restarted. This is bad.
    • Fill virtual chest with contents of real ones upon linking.
    • Proper support for double chests.
    • Make sure items don't get lost when the last linked chest is destroyed.
    Future
    As the name implies, I don't intend to limit this plugin's scope to chests. For now that is all that can be linked, but this could change. I am open to ideas on this front!

2. Offline

Sol

Will make for a WoW-like "bank" system. This could be very handy. Hope you iron out the bugs!

Good luck :D

~Sol

3. Offline

mythmon

Interesting. I didn't think about making a bank with it, nice. My original intend had been to have a chest in my base, and then another chest deep in my mine, so i could dump stuff without having to go all the back to the surface.

4. Offline

Racha

This is nice, but if my server restarts, items will be lost?

5. Offline

mythmon

Racha: Exactly. I am currently working on fixing this, by tying in with the Persistence plugin.

6. Offline

EvilSeph

Your submission has been found to not meet our Plugin Release/Submissions Guidelines, please make the changes to rectify this and it will be reconsidered.

What version of CraftBukkit has this been tested with and work with?

7. Offline

davr

Chest contents being lost when server restarts is a huge problem. I highly recommend you do not allow people to use this plugin until you figure out the persistence thing.

8. Offline

anon

This plugin is awsome. Really hope u can solve the persistence problem soon.

This would make the process of keeping chest shops much easyer.
    But, how to create the link? Also, in a future, it would be nice if it could hook into lwc or lockette, so people wont link other people chest.

9. Offline

xFightsport I steal plugins as my own

it sound good but are there still some bugs or :S

I give it a try! :D
    Dont work :/

10. Offline

mythmon

xFightsport: What do you mean "Don't work" ? What did you do, what happened?

Note: When testing this plugin, please do not try and link chests you have stuff in, and don't put valuable things in the chests; it is still very much alpha quality code.

11. hell yeah, we have been looking for something like this to clear out the scattered chest mess and have everything centralized. If this works well its going to be a definite addon for the family server ;)

12. Offline

shadrxninga

Can't wait for persistence storage. As soon as that is working I will use this.

13. Offline

Guenael

/cheer mythmon !!

14. dead ? already ?

15. Offline

mythmon

Not dead, I am just away from my dev computer for spring break, and I am going to wait until Persistence 0.75 comes out, because I am having some trouble getting 0.61 working, and 0.75 is going to change things.

16. Offline

Juze