[INACTIVE][MECH] Growbie 2.4 [561-928]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Afforess

Growbie

An extension of bonemeal - supports growing pumpkins, grass, leaves, flowers and mossy cobblestone!

Original Author: @UnixSystem
    Other Contributors: @cyklo, @maczydeco
    Current Project Maintainer: @Afforess

Features:
    • Bonemeal can spread pumpkins
    • Bonemeal can spread yellow flowers
    • Bonemeal can spread red roses
    • Bonemeal can spread grass on dirt
    • Bonemeal can spread mossy cobblestone on cobblestone
    • Bonemeal can spread leaves onto adjacent dirt/grass
    • Bonemeal can grow leaves from logs
    Change Log:
    • Version 2.0
      • Updated to latest Bukkit Standards
      • Added Leaf growth
      • Bonemeal is not subtracted from the inventory if no growth occurs
      • Licensed Growbie CC SA 3.0 (was public domain)
    • Version 2.1
      • Added Cyklo's Better Tree Growth algorithm
    • Version 2.2
      • Improved Code Structuring
      • Plant Spreading
    • Version 2.3
      • Updated for CB builds 561+
    • Version 2.4
      • Removed Better Trees (obsolete)
      • Added Success Chance for spreading plants & blocks.
    Download
    Source

2. Offline

Afforess

@SilverLight

Please do not stick words in my mouth. I did not ignore your post.

I keep my plugins updated for the latest development builds, because development builds are improvements on previous builds, even when they break things. The latest builds, 561+, are large improvements, they fixed a series of bugs plaguing many plugins, and made CB even more efficient and easier to maintain at the same time.

Yes, it's a judgement call. Yes, most other plugin developers have ignored it; but then, I'm not most plugin developers, am I?

3. The "b(num)jnks" is the build version, which in your case is 556... version display is confusing, yes.

4. Offline

Tobei

Just updated my plugins (and craftbukkit), and just ran into this:

22:53:40 [SEVERE] PLAYER_INTERACT loading Growbie v2.3 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_INTERACT
    at com.afforess.growbie.Growbie.onEnable(Growbie.java:28)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:451)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:217)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:92)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

5. Offline

Afforess

Growbie 2.3 requires CB 561+.

6. Offline

Tobei

Sorry to waste your time. I just noticed that my craftbukkit is the same version as before I "upgraded" it.... Seems I need to find a different way to get the "newest build" of craftbukkit other than the "Get CraftBukkit" link at the top bar...

LOL I FAIL

22:58:57 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)

7. Offline

beanbeam

You can always download the last successful build here.

8. Offline

thepackett

Mods like this make servers like mine epic :D
    amazing job ^^

9. Offline

EcoMaster21

I'm glad someone uploaded a version of this plugin that works with the recommended build, but would it be at all possible to also host this link in the main post of this thread? I completely understand and appreciate that you keep this plugin up to date with the latest releases, but, as I'm sure you know, most developers have been at the very least, keeping a version of their plugin available on the first post that works with the last recommended build.

Great plugin, and I think this little change would be quite welcome, and not very labor intensive ;)

10. Offline

fisherp

Totally agree with you... Please put a link to an older version of the plugin

11. Offline

Infernus

I think this is the most awesome plugin I've ever seen, thank you very much for creating this.

12. Offline

Tahg

602 is now a recommended build, so an old version is no longer applicable.

13. Offline

Kane

@Afforess Some requests or maybe this not the plugin for what I need but I will throw the ideas out there already. This is before I have ever tried your mod btw.

- Disable function for ALL functions.
    - Birchwood Growing with Bonemeal
    - Redwood Growing with Bonemeal

Now here is really my true intentions that might be why it should be a new plugin..

Birchwood + Redwood are rare like Pumpkins right? I would like to keep them sort of as rare but allow the user to use Bonemeal to Grow tree's. But the catch here is you can set a percentage of what type grows.

AKA
    Wood 90%

Redwood 5%
    Birchwood 5%

Really this is all and only what I wanted.. Maybe there could be a whole new plugin for this. Could add things like tree sizes normal or large % chance and such too.

I really don't know if this was a good idea to ask here since everything in your plugin I would not use but since your using Bonemeal I thought I ask haha :)

Maybe make a new plugin and all it speedtree a well known program for games and such ;)

14. Offline

beanbeam

There is an option "better_trees" at the bottom of the config file that makes it so that when growing saplings with bonemeal, birch and pine trees can grow in their respective biomes. I believe it is enabled by default, so I think this plugin might do what you want already. :)

15. Offline

Afforess

You can change the config, and get rid of almost everything to disable that stuff. Additionally, there already is biome-code to grow rarer trees with bonemeal. Tundra will have a chance of growing pines, etc.

16. Offline

NickBrahz

Maybe this is what your looking for buddy, http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...h-redwood-with-bonemeal-617.6473/#post-115279

Kane likes this.
  17. Offline

Kane

18. Offline

TomWolf

Request: Would love it if you added support for permissions so I can control who are allowed to use this. That way I could appoint a 'farmer' status to some members. =) Great addon! =D

19. Offline

Captain Seasick

Can you disable instant tree-growth somehow with this plugin? Dunno if it's been asked before... tl;dr, tbh.

20. Offline

funky man

Ye agreed that would be a good addition, other than that another awesome job :)

21. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Oh, this is something I wanted, actually. I have a couple of questions though.
    1. Does it support cactus and sugar-cane spreading yet? What about cactus and sugar-cane growing to height 3?
    2. Does mushroom spreading work in the Nether?
    3. This is probably a crazy idea, but what about making wheat spread if you fertilize it while full-grown?

22. Offline

MineralMC

Mossy cobble doesn't seem to propagate onto ajoining cobblestone in CB617 - this is a rather fun addition to our PVE server, so if you could look into it I'd appreciate it! :)

23. Offline

Sadaki

Upon server startup I receive error
    Code:
    Growbie: error loading configuration
    As a result, expected behavior (like instant growth) does not work.

24. Offline

Afforess

Delete your existing config and let it rebuild it.

Looking into.

1.) Idk - test by adding them to the config.
    2.) Yes
    3.) Not sure.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  25. Offline

Sadaki

Huh, I visually cross-referenced the config with the one in github and they looked *identical*. Well, your suggestion worked, thanks.

26. 670? *looks hopeful*

27. Offline

Afforess

It works fine with 670. Read the title.

28. Yay!

29. Offline

Gimmic

Afforess, do you think it would be possible to add the feature of allowing trees to spread randomly(from seedlings 'dropped' from nearby trees)?

30. Offline

Afforess

No. I coded that back in Hmod. In about 30 minutes, you had a jungle infinitely spreading out from 1 planted tree. I left the server up for 2 hours, and came back to a world of dense logs and leaves.

31. Offline

rbos

Sounds like you'd want a tree density based on biome. eg, tundra can't grow trees, forest has a minimum where a sapling can't plant within (say) 5 yards of an existing log, jungle has no restrictions.